The Motherwell non sending off

I don't follow the logic.

The worst case of cheating - Clancy at Parkhead in December 2019 - failed to stop Rangers winning.

You might as well say Celtic should have been dead and buried before the Ross Co and Dundee games and refs kept them in it.
You can highlight the decisions that went in their favour also Red cards and Penalties not given in games outwith against us,nothing to see here.

A corrupt group of referees would never allow us to get in a position to go 5 points clear.

Why didn't the same group of refs stop us from winning 55? Or the League cup? Or the Scottish Cup?

A long hard look in the mirror is required.
They influenced the outcome of two old firm games and tried to influence the game Sterling got sent off.

There's countless more examples.

We aren't great but that is a totally separate issue to dodgy, cheating cowardly refs and their media pals.

One of the worst “tackles” I’ve seen this season was Greg Taylor in Celtic’s draw at home to Motherwell.

Interestingly the referee that day Steven McLean thought it was only a yellow card but thought yesterdays yellow card was a red.

Steven McLean is also the referee who sent off a St Mirren player,VAR asked him to look at it again, he said no still a red, The Independent VAR panel said he also got that wrong.

Yesterday he decides a yellow card should be upgraded from a yellow to a red. One of a number of refs who makes up their own rules.

We have got worse since that surprise loss where a violent tackle went unpunished. Cost us a player through injury and probably the match.

Our downturn in form cannot be blamed on that however so many instances throughout the season which have cost us dear.

These things don't equal themselves out.

Non goal v beggars at Ibrox. Ridiculous non penalty at Parkhead etc etc.

We just allow it to happen time and again.

Lundstram is an idiot but the Motherwell tackle that day.was as bad.

Then Collum and his attitude and antics yesterday.

It's hard enough winning games on merit but when it's rigged from the off, the game is a bogey .

We meekly accept it and move on. That's worked out well.

Sickened by our recent form but also by the tims getting favorable calls week after week from their fans with whistles and complicit cowards.

Scottish football is reeking.
So all in all its everyone else is fault and its a conspiracy? How about taking ownership of the situation to improve from our mistakes?

They influenced the outcome of two old firm games and tried to influence the game Sterling got sent off.

There's countless more examples.

We aren't great but that is a totally separate issue to dodgy, cheating cowardly refs and their media pals.
The only contentious decisions they think they had to contend with was against Hearts on game 29,yes game 29 before they had any issues and what did they do screamed like a banshee and had Rodgers accuse them of cheating and got a one game ban .

Have you ignored where I say we aren't good enough?

We need to improve in a number of ways.

It doesn't change the fact that the refs are a fuckiing rag tag bunch of cheating fucks

That the 'Well player who had a shocker on McCausland wasn't even booked is staggering, tbh.

That he scored the winner later on in the game at Ibrox just made it worse and done us for 3 precious points.

It was plain cheating, nothing less.

It doesn't change the fact that the refs are a fuckiing rag tag bunch of cheating fucks
Its a caveat saying we haven't been good enough, you are optimally blaming the officials?

Wasn't the weekend we lost to a motherwell team that bossed us with a 17 year old midfielder and a striker released from St Johnstone the same weekend the bheasts wrongly according to review shit got a man sent off at tynie and lost also?

All teams get decisions against them, we get more in our favour in general against most of the teams in the league also. We lost the league ultimatley because we had a fucking shite manager to start with and let him squander millions on diddys. We also should have gambled on Shankland in January, instead we signed the likes of Silva on loan thinking we were being smart and waived bye bye to £30m.

I probably be slaughtered but sometimes the truth hurts.

Its a caveat saying we haven't been good enough, you are optimally blaming the officials?

Wasn't the weekend we lost to a motherwell team that bossed us with a 17 year old midfielder and a striker released from St Johnstone the same weekend the bheasts wrongly according to review shit got a man sent off at tynie and lost also?

All teams get decisions against them, we get more in our favour in general against most of the teams in the league also. We lost the league ultimatley because we had a fucking shite manager to start with and let him squander millions on diddys. We also should have gambled on Shankland in January, instead we signed the likes of Silva on loan thinking we were being smart and waived bye bye to £30m.

There are separate issues. Our squad is certainly one.

That doesn't make up for the cfc refs fans club

We've been fucked over and not just this season.

You seem rather accepting of this. I think it's a huge issue. When the integrity of the game is in question and some are happy to ignore it.

Staggering

There are separate issues. Our squad is certainly one.

That doesn't make up for the cfc refs fans club

We've been fucked over and not just this season.

You seem rather accepting of this. I think it's a huge issue. When the integrity of the game is in question and some are happy to ignore it.

Staggering
You didn't answer the question sorry, was the Motherwell match the same weekend they got a player wrongly sent off in a loss? How does that work with the conspiracy?

Nah, not accepting but that's not what the focus on another failed league season should lie for me. Blame the refs all you like but that won't make us a better team that can win a league over the season.

We never got bossed against Motherwell yes we should have beaten them but in no way did they boss us.

We had 70% possession

31 shots

15 on target

15 corners

It is clear that officials favour them in the foul to card ratio.
To hide their bias all officials have to do is give the 50/50 decisions in their favour or against us to influence the outcome of the league .
You'd need to look long and hard to find a decision that cost them points .
Some posts have spoken of the Motherwell tackle ,I said at the time had that been any other team ,he'd have walked . In fact
had we been on level terms or winning the match the Motherwell player would have been sent off .
He remained on the pitch to score the winner which really rubbed salt in the wound .
There are a whole list of incidents throughout the tread highlighting similar . That's not accounting for the decisions they get in their favour or incidents that are ignored which allows them to take full points

We never got bossed against Motherwell yes we should have beaten them but in no way did they boss us.

We had 70% possession

31 shots

15 on target

15 corners
They were in the lead and in control the majority of the game. of course chasing the equaliser we would have the better stats, just not the main one. They werent lucky by any means, we only got back into it due to a penalty.

It is clear that officials favour them in the foul to card ratio.
To hide their bias all officials have to do is give the 50/50 decisions in their favour or against us to influence the outcome of the league .
You'd need to look long and hard to find a decision that cost them points .
Some posts have spoken of the Motherwell tackle ,I said at the time had that been any other team ,he'd have walked . In fact
had we been on level terms or winning the match the Motherwell player would have been sent off .
He remained on the pitch to score the winner which really rubbed salt in the wound .
There are a whole list of incidents throughout the tread highlighting similar . That's not accounting for the decisions they get in their favour or incidents that are ignored which allows them to take full points
Not really, they got a man sent off against hearts wrongly in a game they lost, the same weekend as our game v Motherwell.

A team isn’t in control the majority of a match with 30% possession.
They were in the lead and in control the majority of the game. of course chasing the equaliser we would have the better stats, just not the main one. They werent lucky by any means, we only got back into it due to a penalty.
Control the majority of the match with 30% possession ok .

A team isn’t in control the majority of a match with 30% possession.

Control the majority of the match with 30% possession ok .
They were in control of the scoreline. They didnt need the possession, it was our job to get back into the game. Their gameplan worked with a team of youths and jobbers.

They were in control of the scoreline. They didnt need the possession, it was our job to get back into the game. Their gameplan worked with a team of youths and jobbers.
You said they bossed us by sitting in hardly,I’m not making excuses poor finishing was our undoing and has been in the majority of our matches far too many gilt chances squandered.

You said they bossed us by sitting in hardly,I’m not making excuses poor finishing was our undoing and has been in the majority of our matches far too many gilt chances squandered.
They controlled the game, scored early, soaked up pressure then they came on to us again when we equalised. I thought they actually played very well for a team on a tiny fraction of our budget.

They controlled the game, scored early, soaked up pressure then they came on to us again when we equalised. I thought they actually played very well for a team on a tiny fraction of our budget.
You sat there and thought about their budget?
In my opinion, only my opinion that goes into the “things that did not happen” file.
I’ve never thought like that during a game in my life!

Certainly didn't help. But my point is we shouldn't need any help to beat 11 man Motherwell at home when we're going for a title.
Footballing history is littered with times when inferior players at lesser teams, or in today’s parlance, with a lower budget than ours, beat the bigger, richer teams.
We used to call it an upset, a shock result.
Today it’s called “shitting the bed”.
It happens.
It has happened and it’ll happen again.
It happened that day with us against Motherwell.
On those days you need every bit of help going or at least no hindrance.
We, well I, am not looking for help, just no hindrance and a fair following of the laws of the game.

Yes and I've already stated it's purely about one opinion against another opinion.

It's pointless comparing the two unless it was the same officials.
You could suggest the opposite though.
How many referees have chosen to make a decision against, certainly not for, Rangers?
Thirteen out of the last sixteen penalties refereed by, how many, different referees.

Plenty said at the time that the result was a red flag and not good enough. Majority said you can't win every game and now here we are.

To lose at home to Motherwell when trying to go 5 clear and are drawing at 60 minutes and is inexcusable and sign of the collapse that was to come.

You didn't answer the question sorry, was the Motherwell match the same weekend they got a player wrongly sent off in a loss? How does that work with the conspiracy?

Nah, not accepting but that's not what the focus on another failed league season should lie for me. Blame the refs all you like but that won't make us a better team that can win a league over the season.
You've talked drivel the full thread.

That the 'Well player who had a shocker on McCausland wasn't even booked is staggering, tbh.

That he scored the winner later on in the game at Ibrox just made it worse and done us for 3 precious points.

It was plain cheating, nothing less.
In the same game he clearly saw that prick O'Donnel smash Diomande in the face with his elbow yet produced a yellow.

Happened right infront of me just before the penalty was awarded. Its not incompetence!.

With regards Dundee and their repeated failure to have a playable pitch then yes, I do think you can blame officials for that. The football authorities should have came down tougher on Dundee after the 2nd call off and their 2nd breach of the rules and failure to fulfil their match quota. If Dundee had a playable pitch and the match had gone ahead when it should have, I think we would have beaten them and taken all the points and then gone in to the O/F match ahead of the tramps
I don’t, I believe this squad would have bottled it like they always do.

Plenty said at the time that the result was a red flag and not good enough. Majority said you can't win every game and now here we are.

To lose at home to Motherwell when trying to go 5 clear and are drawing at 60 minutes and is inexcusable and sign of the collapse that was to come.
How do these signs work mate.
We’d recovered from a potential reverse at Kilmarnock.
We’d trounced Hearts, beaten Hibs a couple of times in Edinburgh and drew away with Benfica around that time.
So, how did this one single reverse, amongst half a dozen or so positive results, indicate a forthcoming collapse?

They had a player wrongly sent off? Nearly booted the guy in the face whilst he was standing fully
upright.
Not sure why you are trying to justify blatant and obvious cheating ?

They had a player wrongly sent off? Nearly booted the guy in the face whilst he was standing fully
upright.
Not sure why you are trying to justify blatant and obvious cheating ?
Its been clarified as the incorrect decision, like it or not.

Whos justifying wrong decisions? Every team have them against them and some a lot more than us.

How do these signs work mate.
We’d recovered from a potential reverse at Kilmarnock.
We’d trounced Hearts, beaten Hibs a couple of times in Edinburgh and drew away with Benfica around that time.
So, how did this one single reverse, amongst half a dozen or so positive results, indicate a forthcoming collapse?
Since Motherwell we have been piss poor.

They were struggling and we handed them the initiative again by showing we could lose at home to a generally quite poor team. They lost the next day and still won the league with two games to spare.

I know what you are saying but I posted a thread that day saying it was worrying and was shot down in the main but it was proven correct.

We could have went 5 clear or at least 3 but we managed to lose and then lose convincingly to County who had never beaten us and then Powderpuff against Dundee. If we beat Motherwell we wouldn't be watching them celebrate again yesterday.

You sat there and thought about their budget?
In my opinion, only my opinion that goes into the “things that did not happen” file.
I’ve never thought like that during a game in my life!
You've never seen a team skelp as thought they have millions more to spend on players than us and we got outclassed? Fair enough.

Motherwell players are on peanuts, for a team on peanuts in comparison to our squad we spend millions on they played extremely well.

Its been clarified as the incorrect decision, like it or not.

Whos justifying wrong decisions? Every team have them against them and some a lot more than us.
Yes clarified by those we are accusing of cheating.

You seem ok with the cheating against Rangers but justify decisions made against THEM.
I wonder why ? Or maybe not.

Tends to be the case in threads like this.

I'll never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of people who actually believe referees can't influence games of football.

It was an absolutely fucking wild challenge, watching it again it's almost Neil Simpson-level violent the way he's swung his leg right through the kick and left his foot at that height. Who knows the damage that could have done if McCausland is in even a slightly different position.

It was scandalous then and it's worse seeing it again today. It played a decisive role in altering the outcome: allowing Motherwell to remain at full strength, removing one of our players from the game, and leaving the ultimate match-winner on the pitch when he should have been off. And of course, we know how the next few games after that went.

We should be compiling a list of all these moments that have played a role in turning out season and putting them right at the SPL's and SFA's door: The Casey decision (versus the Sterling, Cifuentes and Lundstram red cards), the handball and offside farce in the New Year Old Firm, the disallowed goals v Celtic, the Dundee pitch farces. That's not exhaustive but cumulatively those were fatal.

The job of the authorities, rule book and officials is to provide a level playing field. It won't be perfect, officials won't be perfect, some decisions will go wrongly against us, sometimes we'll get a wee advantage. But they need to demonstrate they are doing their best. What we have seen this season has been fucking negligence to the point of looking like corruption, and it's not our job to uphold the Corinthian spirit when negligence and incompetence are tilting the scales at decisive moments.

I don't care about fans of other teams sneering on Twitter or propaganda merchants like Michael Stewart or even our own fans saying it's "embarrassing" or "sour grapes" to complain about the way decisions like this have mounted up this season. It was fair enough to talk about "these things even themselves out" in the days when refs and linesmen had to make snap judgements based only on what they saw with their own eyes and the position they saw the incident from. That attitude just doesn't stand up when we have VAR.

The point of VAR is to remove probability and reduce big decisions to "what actually happened here?" The refs are no longer owed the privilege of "och well it's a hard job, he's not got a great view of it." Not when two of them are looking at a TV screen repeating the incident right in front of you (and surely with a rulebook to hand in the VAR room. So no, it's not embarrassing, sour grapes or being a bad loser: it's embarrassing for the authorities to explain why Lundstram, Cifuentes and Sterling were all red carded but Casey was not even given a foul against him.

It was an absolutely fucking wild challenge, watching it again it's almost Neil Simpson-level violent the way he's swung his leg right through the kick and left his foot at that height. Who knows the damage that could have done if McCausland is in even a slightly different position.

It was scandalous then and it's worse seeing it again today. It played a decisive role in altering the outcome: allowing Motherwell to remain at full strength, removing one of our players from the game, and leaving the ultimate match-winner on the pitch when he should have been off. And of course, we know how the next few games after that went.

We should be compiling a list of all these moments that have played a role in turning out season and putting them right at the SPL's and SFA's door: The Casey decision (versus the Sterling, Cifuentes and Lundstram red cards), the handball and offside farce in the New Year Old Firm, the disallowed goals v Celtic, the Dundee pitch farces. That's not exhaustive but cumulatively those were fatal.

The job of the authorities, rule book and officials is to provide a level playing field. It won't be perfect, officials won't be perfect, some decisions will go wrongly against us, sometimes we'll get a wee advantage. But they need to demonstrate they are doing their best. What we have seen this season has been fucking negligence to the point of looking like corruption, and it's not our job to uphold the Corinthian spirit when negligence and incompetence are tilting the scales at decisive moments.

I don't care about fans of other teams sneering on Twitter or propaganda merchants like Michael Stewart or even our own fans saying it's "embarrassing" or "sour grapes" to complain about the way decisions like this have mounted up this season. It was fair enough to talk about "these things even themselves out" in the days when refs and linesmen had to make snap judgements based only on what they saw with their own eyes and the position they saw the incident from. That attitude just doesn't stand up when we have VAR.

The point of VAR is to remove probability and reduce big decisions to "what actually happened here?" The refs are no longer owed the privilege of "och well it's a hard job, he's not got a great view of it." Not when two of them are looking at a TV screen repeating the incident right in front of you (and surely with a rulebook to hand in the VAR room. So no, it's not embarrassing, sour grapes or being a bad loser: it's embarrassing for the authorities to explain why Lundstram, Cifuentes and Sterling were all red carded but Casey was not even given a foul against him.
Brilliantly put well done look at the difference from that mob 29games before any contentious decision and boy did they let everyone know they weren’t happy with it .

Tends to be the case in threads like this.

I'll never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of people who actually believe referees can't influence games of football.
Sometimes it’s not stupidity it’s non Gers fans trolling. Their obsession with us runs deep mate.

Since Motherwell we have been piss poor.

They were struggling and we handed them the initiative again by showing we could lose at home to a generally quite poor team. They lost the next day and still won the league with two games to spare.

I know what you are saying but I posted a thread that day saying it was worrying and was shot down in the main but it was proven correct.

We could have went 5 clear or at least 3 but we managed to lose and then lose convincingly to County who had never beaten us and then Powderpuff against Dundee. If we beat Motherwell we wouldn't be watching them celebrate again yesterday.
Broken clock syndrome?
We had a number of decent, good results after this though.
The wheels came off in Dingwall and Dundee.

You've never seen a team skelp as thought they have millions more to spend on players than us and we got outclassed? Fair enough.

Motherwell players are on peanuts, for a team on peanuts in comparison to our squad we spend millions on they played extremely well.
Dortmund against reverse?
Berwick Rangers v The Rangers?
Rangers v Hamilton Accies
Leicester City winning the EPL?
The list is endless.

Broken clock syndrome?
We had a number of decent, good results after this though.
The wheels came off in Dingwall and Dundee.
We only beat Hibs in the league between losing to Motherwell and then drawing with that lot and losing to County then dropping points at Dundee.

Lost two, drew two and won once from Motherwell to Dundee games. 1 league win out of 5 games.

We had decent results in other competitions even though we got knocked out of Europe anyway but league wise Motherwell burst the bubble.

Back