The Negative Impact of our supporters .

Some people - not just football fans - can't cope with disappointment,especially from something or someone they care so much about.

They react by lashing out against that person or thing rather than internalising that disappointment and overcoming it in time.

The fans that react extremely on here or in the real world most likely deal with their loved ones in the same manner when they fall short of their expectations.

I can fully understand. It's not easy when you're so heavily invested.
I think this is the crux of it. Emotional immaturity.

The chance of winning has passed. We passed it up.

Now, of course it goes without saying we can win on Saturday, but it will be by the narrowest of margins.

We'll need a GD of at least ten goals in the last two games to secure the title.

I'd love it to happen but don't see it.

But if it comes to pass I'd be making the biggest Cheshire cat you ever saw look like a sour puss.

And that's where I originally disagreed with you. Punters are disappointed/sickened/sick to the back teeth of what has transpired over the last six weeks or so and the performances.

To say they won't be delighted if we do pull this off is a nonsense, in my opinion.
Again mate, never said they wouldn’t be delighted.

The chance clearly hasn’t passed up. Throwing in the towel until it’s physically impossible seems daft. Like what do you get out of moaning early - just wait until it’s physically over then moan all you want.

Again mate, never said they wouldn’t be delighted.

The chance clearly hasn’t passed up. Throwing in the towel until it’s physically impossible seems daft. Like what do you get out of moaning early - just wait until it’s physically over then moan all you want.

It's all about opinions bud. You have yours and I have mine.

Based on what I see, I simply have no trust in this squad and that has been magnified by the crumpling and crumbling of them over the last six weeks or so.

I'm never had so little faith in a squad of players than this one. And follow following home and away for the majority of the Greig and Wallace# 2 years. that's saying something.

Good thread with some strong opinions that are valid on merit. Accept that there are differing views but one thing the club could, and should start doing is dispersing the crowd that gather for signings and photos after the game.

The entitlement of some of the people I've observed (grown adults) after the games getting upset because a player wont stop to sign a shirt that they will be flogging on eBay later is astounding. The players are off the clock at that point. Give them peace and bid on one of the match worn shirts online if you're desperate for a signed shirt. The videos doing the rounds after the Kilmarnock game are awful. Some of our fans need to get a grip as this is the kind of behaviour that drives good players out of the club.

By all means say your bit during 90 mins from the terrace, but squaring up to players after the game is unacceptable.

And there's the word right there. 'Could'.

Not 'will'.

Everyone was all together last time out till the captain fcuked it 30 seconds in.

The final whistle sounded at Dens Park a couple of weeks ago.
This is exactly how I feel about things and I'm amazed the amount of stick I'm getting for it.

It's all about opinions bud. You have yours and I have mine.

Based on what I see, I simply have no trust in this squad and that has been magnified by the crumpling and crumbling of them over the last six weeks or so.

I'm never had so little faith in a squad of players than this one. And follow following home and away for the majority of the Greig and Wallace# 2 years. that's saying something.
You get to celebrate just as much as those who actually backed the team if it goes for us while doing nothing to really deserve or help them drive forward - and I would argue, actively hinder them with ongoing negativity. Now obviously this extends into how much any random fan or fans in small groups actually influences things, but you can tell in the stadium those that can't wait to say I told you so or jump on the ones considered to have cost us and for me that undeniably doesn't help. Negativity spreads and then those who created it will probably celebrate longer and harder and learn nothing about resilience or being a good backer/supporter if it ever gets turned around. Same as it ever was I suppose, I just find it tiring and glad I'm not going through life with a stinking attitude.

Players need to be big enough to realise there will always be somebody in a support opening their mouth when things aren't going right. They have a job in the public limelight there will be scrutiny when they aren't performing. Your thread isn't going to change it because it's completely normal and will therefore continue.

Pionts dropped were down to the team. Having said that our fans are nowhere near the great fans some think they are, if fact I think we are amongst the poorest at times.
We get beat in a cup final, including European finals and most of our fans cannot get out the ground quick enough, I’ve been at other cup finals and seen the losing teams fans stay to applaud their team. Seems that we are not allowed to criticise fellow fans.

Said this since we were allowed back in the stadiums.

Every result or poor performance fans want a “ rebuild”

Last season the patter about Kent and Alfie “ chucking it “ every 5 minutes

Tav and Goldson blamed for absolutely everything ( 0 0 draw away at Dundee and folk moaning about the defence)

Listening to folk in the stadium slaughter Rangers players during a game against Celtic and not even try get behind them.

Launstorm getting it stinking because hes a holding midfielder and every team has 1.

I have noticed in last few weeks a lot of fans even online have had enough of listening to the negative shite online and obviously the players have as well.

If you could make same money elsewhere I think players might choose to do so if this abuse and negativity continues.
If only Lundstram was a holding midfielder and not picking the ball up at centre half , he slows the game down for us when we need goals and just plays five yard passes and the odd 40 yarder which goes out for a throw .

I’m all for getting behind the players but we watch the same style and lack of commitment (IMO) week in week out and this has to be the players attitude and application to the game .

Yes we still have a shout of the title but let’s be honest we are underdogs against a very poor side the other side of the city which hurts even more .

If only Lundstram was a holding midfielder and not picking the ball up at centre half , he slows the game down for us when we need goals and just plays five yard passes and the odd 40 yarder which goes out for a throw .

I’m all for getting behind the players but we watch the same style and lack of commitment (IMO) week in week out and this has to be the players attitude and application to the game .

Yes we still have a shout of the title but let’s be honest we are underdogs against a very poor side the other side of the city which hurts even more .
Every holding midfielder i have seen drops very deep to collect the ball.

We get beat in a cup final, including European finals and most of our fans cannot get out the ground quick enough, I’ve been at other cup finals and seen the losing teams fans stay to applaud their team. Seems that we are not allowed to criticise fellow fans.
Do you think Barisic reacted to constructive feedback about his footballing ability?

Of course we're re allowed to criticise guys like that. :D

I’m in my late 30s, a season ticket holder, I’m totally dejected from these players. I feel nothing for them.

It’s the first time in my life, I don’t have any favourite Rangers player or get any joy from going to any games. In fact, I’ve not enjoyed a game since the Seville season.

Failure after failure does that to you, so I get every fans frustration.

If players can’t step it up when the pressure is on them, make a difference when the going gets tough, can’t produce a moment of magic to win games. Then Rangers isn’t for them.

No song, tifo or happy clapping, will change their mentality.

As the saying goes, ‘the jerseys too heavy’.

Players need to be big enough to realise there will always be somebody in a support opening their mouth when things aren't going right. They have a job in the public limelight there will be scrutiny when they aren't performing. Your thread isn't going to change it because it's completely normal and will therefore continue.
There's not a club in the world which demands success and doesn't have supporters who are vocal after bad performances.

You would think we've had fans storming the training ground with some of the comments on this.

The video of Butland getting grief shows the ridiculous entitlement within some supporters. Even Barisic getting it for not signing a shirt is utterly ridiculous
'I pay your wages' coming from someone who probably has been in Ibrox twice in their life

We've 4 games to go, it's not inconceivable that we could still win a treble.
Most football fans never get in this position in their lifetime, but they keep going and support their teams, enjoy the experience.

I'd suggest a bit more positive outlook and backing the team to the hilt until it's done.
It's been frustrating, but considering the injury situation this season, we're fortunate to be where we are.
A really fair and balanced analysis. No fair minded fan could deny the long injury list has prevented Clement using the game plan he would want to. He has had to constantly improvise and that worked for a while then during our recent bleak period it stopped for a time. Despite all of that, as you rightly point out we could still end the season on a high note. Everyone has simply got to give it there all and see where it takes us.

There’s a marked difference between the players of the past and these guys nowadays who are very thin skinned indeed. Don’t get wrong I don’t condone mindless abuse online or in person.. I’ve never been one for giving out a lot stick to players during a game either, it mostly makes them play worse and casting my mind back to that horrible afternoon 40 years ago when Super Ally got told in no uncertain terms where to go, most of this group would need counselling if they got a dose of that. Sadly the outcome we are staring at, being realistic about things means there will most likely be MORE feelings of bitter disappointment, frustration and in some cases anger to deal with and it’s not as if it’s just an occasional thing, we’ve had many years now of having to deal with a situation that for me is quite frankly sick, vile and ridiculous!

The fans can’t really do much more than we already do. Putting a stop to this is all on the club hierarchy now and what type of players the manager can bring in to give us some hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Slogans such as Fighting til the day is done and No Surrender have never sounded so hollow as they do at the moment. Fans will watch the game on Saturday more in hope rather than with much optimism if we’re being honest..some from behind the couch and I bet there’s quite a few who reluctantly give it a miss and find something else to do on Saturday, I must admit I thought about it but figured whether I watch the game or not you still end up feeling sick as F if things don’t go our way.

I’m in my late 30s, a season ticket holder, I’m totally dejected from these players. I feel nothing for them.

It’s the first time in my life, I don’t have any favourite Rangers player or get any joy from going to any games. In fact, I’ve not enjoyed a game since the Seville season.

Failure after failure does that to you, so I get every fans frustration.

If players can’t step it up when the pressure is on them, make a difference when the going gets tough, can’t produce a moment of magic to win games. Then Rangers isn’t for them.

No song, tifo or happy clapping, will change their mentality.

As the saying goes, ‘the jerseys too heavy’.

You didn't enjoy beating Betis this season in Spain or even winning the League Cup for the first time in over a decade?

You must be some laugh B-)

You didn't enjoy beating Betis this season in Spain or even winning the League Cup for the first time in over a decade?

You must be some laugh B-)
Funnily both games I missed as I was abroad with work.

My mate who got my ticket for the league cup final game thought it was shite game though except the result B-D

Basically IMO our supporters are having a negative impact on our team performance going into a crucial stage of the season.
We have Barisic and Butland involved in verbals with supporters when they were doing supporters a favour by signing stuff.
Add in Silva giving some back after scoring a goal presumably to criticism from some supporters.
The thread is not designed to engage in the reasons behind the criticism the players are receiving.

However it is for people to consider the negative impact that criticism is having on our players with 4 games to go which could possibly end up in winning a treble.
It may be unlikely but still possible:
You would want our players to be in a positive frame of mind but undoubtedly our players are on edge even our player of the year Butland.

In summary we should be collectively behind the players be loyal and be a positive force to try and bring success.
It would be naive to believe the players are not aware of what is happening on Social media and I have to say some of the comments on here about players are toxic and cogently negatively impacting the squad IMO.
I’m sure many on here will say they need to man up and it’s part of being a Ranger and while there is some truth in that players are human and surely we should be behind the team especially when going for the treble:

I remember the Ally Ally GTF days but this essentially was when the team were languishing in mediocrity and not as we are now chasing success.
A grip on reality and positive support from now to the end of the season would be nice.
Consider the harm you are doing to the club you profess to love and support.

This current team lof losers and bottle jobs actually get far more support than they deserve.

A baw hair short of 50,000 at every home game for a team who continually shit the bed and have failed to beat their rivals once this season is amazing.
As for Silva

Im actually embarrassed he plays for us
His antics in the most recent old firm game boiled my piss
I never want to see that over reaction to a tackle from a Ranger

His celebration after his goal at the weekend.....

Well if I told you what I thought about that, I'd get an IP ban from here

Basically IMO our supporters are having a negative impact on our team performance going into a crucial stage of the season.
We have Barisic and Butland involved in verbals with supporters when they were doing supporters a favour by signing stuff.
Add in Silva giving some back after scoring a goal presumably to criticism from some supporters.
The thread is not designed to engage in the reasons behind the criticism the players are receiving.

However it is for people to consider the negative impact that criticism is having on our players with 4 games to go which could possibly end up in winning a treble.
It may be unlikely but still possible:
You would want our players to be in a positive frame of mind but undoubtedly our players are on edge even our player of the year Butland.

In summary we should be collectively behind the players be loyal and be a positive force to try and bring success.
It would be naive to believe the players are not aware of what is happening on Social media and I have to say some of the comments on here about players are toxic and cogently negatively impacting the squad IMO.
I’m sure many on here will say they need to man up and it’s part of being a Ranger and while there is some truth in that players are human and surely we should be behind the team especially when going for the treble:

I remember the Ally Ally GTF days but this essentially was when the team were languishing in mediocrity and not as we are now chasing success.
A grip on reality and positive support from now to the end of the season would be nice.
Consider the harm you are doing to the club you profess to love and support.
Players being screamed at by self entitled "supporters" because players wont sign something is clearly out of order but, the supporters have a right to make their feelings known if the team are playing awful.

If they go a full league season without beating Celtic in the league then they deserve a fair bit of stick about their collective performances. Personal abuse is another matter entirely.

We get beat on the 25th May and the support will be out the stadium in a heartbeat. I certainly won't be staying around to applaud them off the park in what could be another celtic double.

Butland could quite easily get a move back down south. He has been our best player this season but would be well within his rights to think he couldn’t be arsed with pish like that. Some fans are a disgrace.
I suspect that's exactly what we're going to see happen if we receive a bid reflective of what he's worth. Anything over £15m and Super Jack will be away.

We better enjoy his next four games in between the sticks for Rangers because they may be his last. He is not just a brilliant player but a gentleman of the upmost class. If he does go we'll miss him greatly I think.

A really fair and balanced analysis. No fair minded fan could deny the long injury list has prevented Clement using the game plan he would want to. He has had to constantly improvise and that worked for a while then during our recent bleak period it stopped for a time. Despite all of that, as you rightly point out we could still end the season on a high note. Everyone has simply got to give it there all and see where it takes us.
Indisputable. The frustrating thing is that I'm sure Beale and GVB would have said the exact same thing about their teams being decimated by an injuries and how that hampered performances. Constant injury crises have somehow become the norm at Rangers.

This current team lof losers and bottle jobs actually get far more support than they deserve.

A baw hair short of 50,000 at every home game for a team who continually shit the bed and have failed to beat their rivals once this season is amazing.
As for Silva

Im actually embarrassed he plays for us
His antics in the most recent old firm game boiled my piss
I never want to see that over reaction to a tackle from a Ranger

His celebration after his goal at the weekend.....

Well if I told you what I thought about that, I'd get an IP ban from here
Seems a fairly erratic post for me.

Is this the whole team who are losers and bottle jobs? Who exactly?
Who continually shits the bed?

The problem for me is that nearly all the team have been changed over the last year or two yet they are labelled by some on here as serial losers.
Can you be a serial loser after a season which has not ended.

A lot of people attach this label to the old guard but how many are still here and playing regularly.
On Saturday we will go into the game with 3 who have played for a few seasons.
Tav a record goalscorer for a fullback.
Serial loser really.

Barisic who we’ve probably no choice to start given Ridvan’s injuries.
The only other one is Lundstrum who has had a pretty decent season.

I think the labels attached to our players are primarily lazy posts with not a great deal of thought going into them.
In my experience fullbacks are not the difference between winning the league anyway.

Players being screamed at by self entitled "supporters" because players wont sign something is clearly out of order but, the supporters have a right to make their feelings known if the team are playing awful.
Sure but do we really need to shout abuse at players when they are signing kit and autographs for kids.
Do we really expect them after a game to stand and sign for every single person who wants something signed?

We’ve just won a game 4-1 so hardly playing awful.
Yup there was a blip against Dundee and Ross County but since Clement came you can scarcely say they have been awful in terms of results.
If we were so bad the league would have gone a long time ago.

Sure but do we really need to shout abuse at players when they are signing kit and autographs for kids.
Do we really expect them after a game to stand and sign for every single person who wants something signed?

We’ve just won a game 4-1 so hardly playing awful.
Yup there was a blip against Dundee and Ross County but since Clement came you can scarcely say they have been awful in terms of results.
If we were so bad the league would have gone a long time ago.
This was my post
"Players being screamed at by self entitled "supporters" because players wont sign something is clearly out of order but, the supporters have a right to make their feelings known if the team are playing awful."

I clearly said in it that players shouldn't be shouted at by self entitled supporters

Back