The never-ending allure of Adidas

Adidas to me have always been synonymous with football since actively following and playing in the early 80's.

The Tango ball from the 82 World Cup has never been bettered in my opinion and looking back at late 70's photos of players with the Adidas World Cup boots, only the Puma King can lay a claim to be their equal, and that is probably due to Maradona wearing them.

Slightly tarnished image after supplying them but I might forgive them in the future if they supply our gear for a better deal than theirs and we then vastly outsell them too.

Got a bit tired of Adidas the past few years.

Been more into the likes of Nike Internationalist or Nike Air Pegasus recently.

Would definitely go back to buying Adidas at some point though. Still love digging out my Stockholms. Fancy getting them refurbished actually.

Last edited:
Nike seems to be blowing Adidas out the water with trackies etc for the young team.

Just my perception but a lot of Nike stuff was hard to get at Xmas time and speaking to the staff is extremely popular.

Miler T-shirts
Half zips
Tech Fleece

Not the same demand for Adidas.

For football boots etc, that’s much closer I’d imagine.

Like the adidas originals (trefoil logo) stuff rather than the three stripe (modern) logo and you can't really beat a pair of gazelles

I´m not sure it´s even comprable to Nike in the same way it used to be.

Nike are just so far ahead with everything now, hardly anyone wears Adidas how they used to.

Nike´s the most popular clothing brand in the world, yet they somehow manage to portray a feeling of some sort of exclusivity. They have done really well in recent years.

Adidas. Still buy their trainers. Good fit and comfortable.

Used to get football boots by them too when I played, sometimes puma.

My favourites, i sold a pair a few years ago for nearly £300, never wore them and doubled my money.

s-l1600.jpg

Just give us the zx600 in their original colour Mr Adidas. I sold my 2006 pair and regret it daily.

Adidas do good waterproof Goretex trainers under the Terrex range.

Handy for when out walking in the rain stops your feet getting wet, good quality as well so last for a long time.

Late 80s Adidas strips were fantastic.

At international level you had West Germany, Netherlands and CCCP.

In England there was Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

And then in Scotland there was Dundee Utd.

All crisp, clean designs. Our Umbro strips at the same time were fantastic but I do think it’s a shame that neither of our 3 Adidas strips were that classic 3 stripe down the sleeve.

Late 80s Adidas strips were fantastic.

At international level you had West Germany, Netherlands and CCCP.

In England there was Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

And then in Scotland there was Dundee Utd.

All crisp, clean designs. Our Umbro strips at the same time were fantastic but I do think it’s a shame that neither of our 3 Adidas strips were that classic 3 stripe down the sleeve.
Aberdeen too I think. I had a Liverpool crown paints adidas in about 86-87 ish. Absolute belter.

Under Armour would be my 1st Choice

Nike then Adidas

Adidas made some of the best Rangers Kits in 92/93 mind you.
Like many I just stopped wearing it when THEY got a Kit deal with them & the Trainers are crap.

Since 2012 I generally support the club sponsor. So puma, then Hummel and now Castore. The postie kindly delivered Castore trainers this morning free of charge.

Adidas have always been a football brand in the main. I just see Nike as an American sportswear firm.

I only get Nike stuff if its 40 or 50% off.

Got a friend who was very high up at Celtic and Spurs merchandise department and always slated Nike's deal with Celtic for being so restrictive, basically Nike wanted full control of all the merchandising. It was that bad they approached JJB and asked if they could have the same deal Rangers had with them and were turned down.
It may have that extra kudos to be with Nike or Adidas but its not always a good business move.

Karhu - FInnish brand do some excellent trainers . Comfort levels are amazing

cloud walkers

karhu-fusion-20-dawn-blue.jpg

Back