The only team we've beaten domestically, since February, is hapless Hibs

Ampersand

The only team we've beaten domestically, since February, is a Hibs side who play wide open every time we play them.

The underlying fundamentals are extremely worrying about our style of play and the quality of chances we create and, for me, only so much can be blamed on the players in my opinion.

These two wins versus Hibs were hardly "routine" either, with the SC game being won with Lundstram scoring a rebound from a penalty and a late Silva goal, and in the league game at Ibrox, Hibs caused us problems in transition in the first half, and scored a goal deep into added on time in the 1st half, only to have that parity cancelled out by an amlost instant Dessers header, before a late Matondo goal from a low xG chance.

We last won a domestic game, that wasn't Hibs, and that was versus Killie (1-2 win) , who created an xG of 1.36 vs our own 0.73, so you could argue we were fortunate to win as they had better chances against us, and we had to rely on two low xG chances to get the goals, these being a Tav FK and a Lawrence shot from near the edge of the box.

Clement's reign seen initial success being built on a strong defence and outperforming our xG, mostly, at the other end but we've conceded goals in every game of late, apart from the SC Hibs game, and last night of course.

We can bemoan injuries, missing chances and a poor defensive structure, but unfortunately for us, these planets have aligned this past month and a half and at a crucial part of the season which threatens to derail our entire campaign, just as we got back on track.

With 5 league games to go, we are needing to go to St Mirren, Parkhead and Tynecastle and win, as well as taking care of a McInnes Killie side who wont roll over, and Dundee, at home.

Our last game away at St Mirren was a scrappy affair (0-1 win) and Robinson sets his team up to fight like their lives depend on it.

We then have to go to Parkhead, a place where we've seen us melt countless times, and failure to win here will have deep repercussions in the title race, but also for Clement who will have gone 3 games against them without a win, which was a big part in Beale's downfall eventually as we couldn't beat them in the games that mattered, and arguably, Beale had a harder task with going up against Postecoglu and two of our talismans had checked out (Morelos and Kent).

I said the other day that these players never fail to disappoint and many of them, possibly 90% of them, need to be moved on as they are serial losers now, and they know it, but the manner of our collapse has me concerned for next season's chances and if the manager is the right man for the job.

Clement has past success of winning titles in Belgium and that was the big appeal to the Board when they appointed him, but his record since then hasn't been great, though not bad either.

During his first season at Monaco, he had great success and qualified for the CL, but his second season there looks to have been marred by a catastrophic collapse in form at the end of the season where they managed 1 win in his last 7 games of the season, which saw them miss out on European football.

What part is Clement playing in our own deterioration in form and results? For me, the manager isn't blameless here and needs to have a strong finish to the season otherwise I will have grave reservations about his long term plans and future success.

The only team we've beaten domestically, since February, is a Hibs side who play wide open every time we play them.

The underlying fundamentals are extremely worrying about our style of play and the quality of chances we create and, for me, only so much can be blamed on the players in my opinion.

These two wins versus Hibs were hardly "routine" either, with the SC game being won with Lundstram scoring a rebound from a penalty and a late Silva goal, and in the league game at Ibrox, Hibs caused us problems in transition in the first half, and scored a goal deep into added on time in the 1st half, only to have that parity cancelled out by an amlost instant Dessers header, before a late Matondo goal from a low xG chance.

We last won a domestic game, that wasn't Hibs, and that was versus Killie (1-2 win) , who created an xG of 1.36 vs our own 0.73, so you could argue we were fortunate to win as they had better chances against us, and we had to rely on two low xG chances to get the goals, these being a Tav FK and a Lawrence shot from near the edge of the box.

Clement's reign seen initial success being built on a strong defence and outperforming our xG, mostly, at the other end but we've conceded goals in every game of late, apart from the SC Hibs game, and last night of course.

We can bemoan injuries, missing chances and a poor defensive structure, but unfortunately for us, these planets have aligned this past month and a half and at a crucial part of the season which threatens to derail our entire campaign, just as we got back on track.

With 5 league games to go, we are needing to go to St Mirren, Parkhead and Tynecastle and win, as well as taking care of a McInnes Killie side who wont roll over, and Dundee, at home.

Our last game away at St Mirren was a scrappy affair (0-1 win) and Robinson sets his team up to fight like their lives depend on it.

We then have to go to Parkhead, a place where we've seen us melt countless times, and failure to win here will have deep repercussions in the title race, but also for Clement who will have gone 3 games against them without a win, which was a big part in Beale's downfall eventually as we couldn't beat them in the games that mattered, and arguably, Beale had a harder task with going up against Postecoglu and two of our talismans had checked out (Morelos and Kent).

I said the other day that these players never fail to disappoint and many of them, possibly 90% of them, need to be moved on as they are serial losers now, and they know it, but the manner of our collapse has me concerned for next season's chances and if the manager is the right man for the job.

Clement has past success of winning titles in Belgium and that was the big appeal to the Board when they appointed him, but his record since then hasn't been great, though not bad either.

During his first season at Monaco, he had great success and qualified for the CL, but his second season there looks to have been marred by a catastrophic collapse in form at the end of the season where they managed 1 win in his last 7 games of the season, which saw them miss out on European football.

What part is Clement playing in our own deterioration in form and results? For me, the manager isn't blameless here and needs to have a strong finish to the season otherwise I will have grave reservations about his long term plans and future success.
There was a time in fairly recent history that the team at the top were struggling (which is putting it lightly) against Livingston at home, the worst team in recent top flight history. There are gonna be periods like this for both teams.

We've had one at the worst possible time. Hasn't been helped by the lack of any fight in midfield and defenders being kept in when they should've been dropped, no wide players to create chances and a striker who needs 30 chances to score 1.

Diomande back, Sterling into the middle and having a natural left back in Yilmaz will help but likely only get us the Scottish cup.

We needed a proper push in January to get players in that could hit the ground running and take us to the league. Instead we got a few loan signings and left the window weaker than we entered it due to injuries.

Just for context, how many league games have we played since February?

The way you have worded this its as if we have played every team in the league.

Not making excuses for the team, their displays of late have been horrendous but you need to qualify your post mate.
We've won one of our last five in the league @Trafalgar, we've played M'well at home (L), Hibs at home (W), Celtic at home (D), Ross County away (L) and Dundee away (D).

Given what he inherited I’ve always seen this season as a free hit for Clement.

It’s disappointing how it’s panned out these past couple weeks for sure, the drop of form off a cliff is alarming from how he started off.
To not win any of the last three games before the split with the position we had gotten herself into is plainly unacceptable.

We need to get it right over the summer as we can’t keep having these rebuilds.

We needed a proper push in January to get players in that could hit the ground running and take us to the league. Instead we got a few loan signings and left the window weaker than we entered it due to injuries.
Hindsight is wonderful but I think Shankland would've been the missing piece for us.

Hindsight is wonderful but I think Shankland would've been the missing piece for us.
I don't think its hindsight as even us as fans could see he was an obvious signing to be made. Its incompetence on the part of the recruitment side of things to pass up that sort of deal with so much money on the line this year.

Not sure I necessarily agree on the basis that Shankland is a striker who thrives on service - look at the absolute state of our midfield right now and lack of acceptable service coming in from the wide areas, what chances is he putting away?

Would absolutely rather have him than Dessers or Roofe but I don't know if slotting him in there would solve all of our problems which run much deeper.

1 win in our last 5. 9 scored and 9 conceded. 10 points dropped.

Similar to the 22/23 collapse pre-Gio sacking/World Cup break when we dropped 12 points from 15 games.

Similarly to the 21/22 post winter collapse where we got 3 wins from 8.

Similar to the 19/20 post winter collapse where we got 3 wins from 8.

Similar to the 18/19 post winter collapse where we got 5 wins from 10.

Wonder why..

Similar to the 22/23 collapse pre-Gio sacking/World Cup break when we dropped 12 points from 15 games.

Wonder why..
I have never actually seen it set out like that, that’s an eye opener and an embarrassing set of stats for those players.

I have never actually seen it set out like that, that’s an eye opener and an embarrassing set of stats for those players.
I had to genuinely double check because it just seemed to ridiculous to be true.

It is though and it's genuinely disgusting.

That has to being able to handle the pressure there can’t be any other explanation to it. The expectation to win the league up here and most games is obviously too much for them. You get the odd result here and there that all clubs get.

Going into Europe we are most times the underdogs which must suit this team and the pressure is off.

When we won 55 there were no fans so they didn’t have the pressure from the fans on their back in the stands to win the games if they were playing bad or pushing them to win games, might not be a popular opinion on here I’ve seen it shot down when it’s mentioned but when you look at those stats how else can you explain it

Wonder why..
That's absolutely shameful. The players should be embarrassed by that.

Surely there is no one left that can deny we have a mentality problem

Wonder why..

Same core of players (Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Borna, Lundstram, Wright, Roofe, Jack), poor recruitment, areas of neglect.

There's plenty and they keep bringing up Tav's penalties.
My thing is Tav has continually been bailing them out over the years, but when he drops off from assisting and scoring, no one steps up and takes up the slack.

Last night, we all half expected the net to bulge when Tav took his two free kicks, and the net didn't.

I also saw the frustration in Tav's face when he strained to reach a header in the Dundee 6yd box, and he managed to knock it down, only for Dessers to be hiding between two defenders.

I don't think Tav has a mentality issue, I think we have an attacking issue.

For years, Tav and Borna were supplying the amo on both flanks. Borna still has a great delivery but looks like he's downed tools.

I just think it's very easy for teams to defend against us as we are impotent up top. We don't create enough from open play, our corners are abysmal, our link up play in and around the box is non-existent.

The manager's track record at breaking down teams in Monaco got him the bullet.

I fear that history is repeating itself.

My thing is Tav has continually been bailing them out over the years, but when he drops off from assisting and scoring, no one steps up and takes up the slack.
He's let the team down more than anyone else in this current run against celtic.

9/10 times you need to pick up more points in the old firm than they do and 9/10 times you need to beat them to win the cup. He and Goldson have let us down more than anyone else.

The mismanagement of the club is the reason no one else can step up.

Our recruitment has been horrendous and failure is rewarded.

Last night, we all half expected the net to bulge when Tav took his two free kicks, and the net didn't.

I also saw the frustration in Tav's face when he strained to reach a header in the Dundee 6yd box, and he managed to knock it down, only for Dessers to be hiding between two defenders.

I don't think Tav has a mentality issue, I think we have an attacking issue.

For years, Tav and Borna were supplying the amo on both flanks. Borna still has a great delivery but looks like he's downed tools.

I just think it's very easy for teams to defend against us as we are impotent up top. We don't create enough from open play, our corners are abysmal, our link up play in and around the box is non-existent.

The manager's track record at breaking down teams in Monaco got him the bullet.

I fear that history is repeating itself.
And yet his track record in Belgium saw him win three titles in three years with two different clubs.

Find it interesting how focused people are on his spell at Monaco and completely ignore his very successful spells at Beveren, Genk and Brugge, the latter being a club in a similar position to ours.

Not making excuses for the team, their displays of late have been horrendous but you need to qualify your post mate.
Correct between 2nd Jan and 28th Feb we had 11 straight wins.So our bad run started on March 2nd against Motherwell during which we played Benfica twice a draw and a 1- 0 loss and beat Hibs twice.While not brilliant its not that bad.
The Ross County defeat and Dundee draw have tipped people overboard.Its understandable with the finishing line in site and had we won those games we would have one hand on the trophy.

Wonder why..
I genuinely do wonder why.

There are very few players still in the squad from 18/19.

I'm fact, even compared to three seasons ago the squad is vastly different.

It can't simply be down to the few players who remain. The malaise is too widespread.

As seemingly always, a stat is simply made up to read like a disaster.
The answer is since Hibs, three league games!
The scum, RC and Dundee.

And yet his track record in Belgium saw him win three titles in three years with two different clubs.

Find it interesting how focused people are on his spell at Monaco and completely ignore his very successful spells at Beveren, Genk and Brugge, the latter being a club in a similar position to ours.
My OP didn't ignore the spell in Belgium. The board recruited him for his track record in Belgium and proof that he can win titles.

The issue for me is our xG is abysmal, and now our defence, which was the bedrock of the resurgence in the title race, is as equally abysmal.

Winning one league game since February is a cataclysmic collapse. I am done with these players but we are not creating and missing loads of chances, and we haven't been creating laods since Clement came in.

Last season, we wanted a striker as we were missing loads of chances, but under Clement, we have, on average, been outperforming the xG, meaning we have been more clinical, which was/is great, but you can't always be clinical with Dessers.

It can't simply be down to the few players who remain. The malaise is too widespread.
if you look at this current run from the last 5 games..

Motherwell grabbed a winner at the back post (Tav's side) with no one marking him.

Celtic's first 2 were from Tav bottling it and a Goldson handball.

Ross County's 2 and 3rd came again from our right hand side of Defence.

Of course, there are no guarantees in football, but you can't keep the same players in the team and expect didnt results.

Then we've got Lundstram as a mainstay for 3 of those collapses. That's 3 of the back 6 in the first 3rd of the pitch for 3 collapses.

It's not a coincidence. And it's not a coincidence than when we need the leaders to pull it together they fail.

We are like Man Utd, the culture is corrupted beyond repair.

Everything needs to go.

Too many players in the comfort zone. Bring in new guys, they learn that culture quickly. Beat the dross mostly and you get that adulation, sure the odd defeat brings unwanted scrutiny, but beat the dross in the next game and all is forgiven, oh, and I almost forgot, here's £30k a week too.

As seemingly always, a stat is simply made up to read like a disaster.
The answer is since Hibs, three league games!
The scum, RC and Dundee.
Is that a defence?

Thats 7 points dropped as well as 9 conceded.

Made to look bad, aye right ye are..

if you look at this current run from the last 5 games..

Motherwell grabbed a winner at the back post (Tav's side) with no one marking him.

Celtic's first 2 were from Tav bottling it and a Goldson handball.

Ross County's 2 and 3rd came again from our right hand side of Defence.

Of course, there are no guarantees in football, but you can't keep the same players in the team and expect didnt results.

Then we've got Lundstram as a mainstay for 3 of those collapses. That's 3 of the back 6 in the first 3rd of the pitch for 3 collapses.

It's not a coincidence. And it's not a coincidence than when we need the leaders to pull it together they fail.
Ross County's goals were because our midfield disappeared and were letting guys from deep run into our box and our half.

Goal 1 - Simon Murray was in our box, hit a shot, the ball rebounded to him, he was able to control the ball and hit another shot, as dowell and Lundstram are at the edge of the box doing nothing after letting their guy ran into the box, meaning Souttar and Goldson had to deal with the MF runner.

Goal 2 - Dhanda plays a 1-2 with a County player, runs all the way from his half, into our half unopposed after Cantwell decided not to track back. Tav was upfield having just took a corner, Murray break left, gets the ball off Dhanda, and drives into edge of the box, Goldson doesn't block the shot, Lundstram, who has ran with his man all the way into the box, watched the same guy and County goalscorer, get to the rebound after he'd stopped running with his man as he got into the box.

Goal 3 - Lawrence got done by an unfortunate ricochet and Lundstram watches again as a MF runner gambled on a break of the ball to score.

Last edited:
The facts are bad enough without putting jam on them, and cream for that matter, when implying we’ve been dire for longer.
7 points dropped and 9 conceded in the last 3 games we've played.

There us no making that sound worse than it is.

Ross County's goals were because our midfield disappeared and were letting guys from deep run into our box and our half.

Goal 1 - Simon Murray was in our box, hit a shot, the ball rebounded to him, he was able to control the ball and hit another shot, as dowell and Lundstram are at the edge of the box doing nothing after letting their guy ran into the box, meaning Souttar and Goldson had to deal with the MF runner.

Goal 2 - Dhanda plays a 1-2 with a County player, runs all the way from his half, into our half unopposed after Cantwell decided not to track back. Tav was upfield having just took a corner, Murray break left, gets the ball off Dhanda, and drives into edge of the box, Goldson doesn't block the shot, Lundstram, who has ran with his man all the way into the box, watched the same guy and County goalscorer, get to the rebound after he'd stopped running with his man as he got into the box.

Goal 3 - Lawrence got done by an unfortunate ricochet and Lundstram watches again as a MF runner gambled on a break of the ball to score.
Goal 2, Tav's position is empty. Their striker drifts into that position to collect the ball drawing both Goldson and Tav to him, and of course he still manages to get a shot away. Ross County players can see where the big space is, why the f*** can no else in our team? Goldson is right next to that space and is shouting at no one to cover, nor is Tav for the matter and the rest of the team (leaderless) just go about their jobs poorly. That's where leaders are required. Thus, 2nd came from the right side of defence.

The 3rd, there is absolutely no reason for Tav to leave his position. We're playing a high line and Sterling is closer to the player that picks up the ball than Tav is. Tav decides to draw himself out of position, which in turn draws Goldson out, Lawrence complete f*** it and of course the goal scorer collects it in the centre of our 18 yard box. Thus, goal coming from our right sand again.

How are both these chances and goals created from our right hand side?

The ballwatching that you neatly outline above has been happening for months mate. The same shite happened a week and a half ago against the yahoos.

It is basic stuff.

Goal 2, Tav's position is empty. Their striker drifts into that position to collect the ball drawing both Goldson and Tav to him, and of course he still manages to get a shot away. Ross County players can see where the big space is, why the f*** can no else in our team? Goldson is right next to that space and is shouting at no one to cover, nor is Tav for the matter and the rest of the team (leaderless) just go about their jobs poorly. That's where leaders are required. Thus, 2nd came from the right side of defence.

The 3rd, there is absolutely no reason for Tav to leave his position. We're playing a high line and Sterling is closer to the player that picks up the ball than Tav is. Tav decides to draw himself out of position, which in turn draws Goldson out, Lawrence complete f*** it and of course the goal scorer collects it in the centre of our 18 yard box. Thus, goal coming from our right sand again.

Because we are using Tav as our only regular attacking outlet.

The team structure on Sunday was horrendous and that's on the manager or the MFers,

The ballwatching that you neatly outline above has been happening for months mate. The same shite happened a week and a half ago against the yahoos.

It is basic stuff.
I agree, lazy bastards.

Lundstram been doing it at various points of the season, but here's a £30k contract.

For the sixth manager running, the team relies on Tavernier to drive it forward.

We will always ship chances from the flanks and the right side in particular due to how the team is setup.

Tavernier obviously has a propensity for brainfarts when he's trying to do everything himself and Goldson aids and abets by trying to be a 'leader'.

We need change. If Tav doesn't head off to sunnier climes in the close season, his integral part in our forward play has to be significantly scaled back over and above its natural reduction due to his age.

I agree, lazy bastards.

Lundstram been doing it at various points of the season, but here's a £30k contract.
The manager has attempted to shoehorn another ballwatcher supreme - Kieran Dowell - into the side, and give him a box to box remit!?!

Headscratching stuff.

The high backs tactic has seen its day as well (as Klopp has been finding out to his cost lately).

Wonder why..
Why do you think?

Because we are using Tav as our only regular attacking outlet.

The team structure on Sunday was horrendous and that's on the manager or the MFers,
Oh , I agree. You can't have a system that allows the right back of Defence to bomb forward and leave his position constantly.

No other team in football does, certainly no successful team.

Fact remains though, the right side of defence has been our biggest weakness for a long, long time.

For the sixth manager running, the team relies on Tavernier to drive it forward.

We will always ship chances from the flanks and the right side in particular due to how the team is setup.

Tavernier obviously has a propensity for brainfarts when he's trying to do everything himself and Goldson aids and abets by trying to be a 'leader'.

We need change. If Tav doesn't head off to sunnier climes in the close season, his integral part in our forward play has to be significantly scaled back over and above its natural reduction due to his age.
it isn't on Clement.

There's plenty and they keep bringing up Tav's penalties.
Not this idiocy again. If you're going to peddle this shit, you need to temper it with a look at the amount of times he's dragged us out the shit. From this season alone I'm thinking:

Goal and brilliant assist when 0-1 at home to Hearts to win 2-1

Free kick away to Killie when 0-1 down and struggling

Last minute equaliser at pittodrie.

Sublime assist for Sima in the 1-0 win at Tynecastle.

Huge pressure penalty to bring us back into the 3-3 at Ibrox (yes I'm aware of the nature of our first goal conceded)

Winner in the league cup final

Winner in the Servette euro tie

it isn't on Clement.
Nah? Who then? The senior, ahem, leadership group?

I don't subscribe to the notion of the players working it out for themselves, otherwise why the need for a manager?

It'd be back to the days of a committee picking the players and settling on the tactics and a 'trainer' to take charge of the fitness like the 20s and 30s.

Clement doesn't escape criticism here mate. Although, it would be daft not to factor in some mitigation as they aren't his players and he only got loans in January due to the biscuit tin mentality of the current operators of the balance sheet.

Not this idiocy again. If you're going to peddle this shit, you need to temper it with a look at the amount of times he's dragged us out the shit. From this season alone I'm thinking:

Goal and brilliant assist when 0-1 at home to Hearts to win 2-1

Free kick away to Killie when 0-1 down and struggling

Last minute equaliser at pittodrie.

Sublime assist for Sima in the 1-0 win at Tynecastle.

Huge pressure penalty to bring us back into the 3-3 at Ibrox (yes I'm aware of the nature of our first goal conceded)

Winner in the league cup final

Winner in the Servette euro tie
Brilliant from and he got the praise he was due. Majority of his goals are still penalties.

Majority of goals we concede against the team we need to beat, for example, are also down to Tav and Goldson.

Back