The out of contract players this summer?

Yeah reckon so.

The worst example we've ever had of this was going into that awful Motherwell play off and 90% of the squad being told that they wouldn't be getting a new contract. Still baffles me to this day
Can’t find the article where the manager said that some players wouldn’t play for the team again but think it coincides with the poor form

If any of the out of contract players pick up a bad injury at this stage who is going to take a chance and sign them.
That's partly why they've switched off. It's nothing new, it happened to Laudrup back in the day. It's probably something we've all done when we're working our notice in a job, once you know it's over your care factor goes out the window.

Last edited:
Nah, not for me.

Last year definitely - big first team players Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Arfield, McGregor was a huge group of guys to be losing at once. Could see a few of them definitely had their heads elsewhere.

This year it’s literally only Lundstrum who’s a first team regular.

There's only one player playing regularly who's ooc
Borna should be playing left back with Ridvan out but he can’t be trusted. This is a guy who has played for Croatia and plenty big games for us so we should be able to count on him for a few games. But we can’t and it effects where Sterling plays and we lose the balance in the side.

I’d imagine Lundstram is a big voice in the team, if he has mentality checked out then the voice may alter and he loses the drive. That undoubtedly will impact others around him.

Clement has already said the situation of having so many ooc is not great.

We can't afford to play them tbh, no doubt they've been told that the club won't be offering them deals and to look for new clubs in the summer.

We have to be ruthless, and we haven't been in recent years.

It shouldn't.
Ross County only had 2 contracted players in their first team against us last week for next season.
Dundee have around 20 loan players.

Just excuses really. We should be winning every game in the league against the less fortunate clubs.
Most of those players will be playing to try and win new contracts, with our squad it’s only really lunny who could be doing that. Borna, roofe, and jack know this is their last few months.

Most of those players will be playing to try and win new contracts, with our squad it’s only really lunny who could be doing that. Borna, roofe, and jack know this is their last few months.
New contracts/contracts elsewhere. Pretty much the same as any of the out of contract players for us. Nobody will be on their holidays as none are good enough to get a great contract - the more successful they are towards the end of season the more cash at a better club they have a chance of. Barisic has chucked it though based on last week. In comparison Dahnda, who could make sure he doesn't get injured having signed for hearts was brilliant last week.

Will say it again mate, being out of contract should not stop you from wanting to win trophies . Is this a modern day thing?
Agreed but there minds may be elsewhere. You would also think that they would want to impress potential suitors

Horrendous squad management. Clement has already commented on it.

Exactly, telling Barisic sorry son you’re not good enough, Yilmaz is my LB you’ll be sitting on the bench till you move on,.

Oh wait a minute I’ve no LB can you go out and give your all against a team of jobbers fighting for their survival, chasing every ball hurtling in to challenges like their life’s depended on it. Aye nae bother boss I’ll risk my new contract for that, nah I’ll just hang about the periphery of the game and do nothing.

It shouldn't.
Ross County only had 2 contracted players in their first team against us last week for next season.
Dundee have around 20 loan players.

Just excuses really. We should be winning every game in the league against the less fortunate clubs.

I’m pretty sure Ross County only give 1 and 2 year contracts.

Anyway it’s all Apples and pears, they players are fighting for a contract anywhere to have a job.

Barisic for instance at age 31 has a new contract in a new country, his last one he’s not jeopardising that having been dropped for months and not been getting any minutes.

No, it’s too convenient an excuse.

If you look at the players in question - Jack, Roofe, Barisic, McLaughlin and Lundstram - only the latter is getting a regular game and we’re supposedly negotiating a new deal with him.

Of the others, Jack, Roofe and McLaughlin barely feature to have any effect, while Barisic has already been marginalised by the manager.

They’re getting PAID too ffs! You’re right about trophies but they’re paid to do a job
I agree and it’s infuriating, however, human nature to start to think about what’s next and ensure you don’t risk that.

Presume in Borna’s situation though that he’s lined that up and headed to Turkey.

Think it may just simply be, they bust a gut when Clement first came in, a few players like Lundstram, Dessers, Goldson are running themselves into the ground since there is not much else in terms of options and the lack of consistency in the midfield choices and picks from the manager. All adds up.

Injuries have been rotten but we've regressed since some of the players came back in. So that's not much of an excuse.

Let's start turning it round today at 3.

Back