The Press meeting before a game

thevietnambear

Do any of the people who attend actually ask any difficult questions.
At times you can't even hear what the question is.
Anybody attended on of these meetings.

I honestly don't know why we have them.

In this day and age we have enough internal club platforms to communicate out from. The fans can get their info from there. %^*& the press.

Load up a quick video from manager/player and that will do.

In 2024 we should not need to go through this archaic presser before and after every game with the same tedious format. It's painful to witness.

I wasn't there yesterday - I was in a dentist's chair having x-rays and for Friday's press conference I will be back in said chair having a temp crown fitted.
Your next question should be to young Ridvan to see if he has any contacts back home to get you a deal. Hollywood Mark could be a new name if he can

Tav won’t be dropped. He has good faith in the bank.

But there’s absolutely no reason why Goldson should continue in the line up. He’s regressed massively this season.

Parting of the ways in summer best for all

The problem we have now is that we need fellow players as well as the fans to fed up of Goldson's bungling for dropping him to have a positive effect rather than a negative one.

I don't think the squad are at that stage yet.

Same applies to Tav, but we're miles off that.

Maybe Stevie could have asked are you dropping Tav & Goldson directly.
To me thats a Fan media question most want to know.

No one is gonna ask that as the manager as they know the manager will treat it the level of respect it deserves

Also the answer to your main question, one their after clickbait answers and no matter what the question is even if it’s a good non click bait one, the manager and the players are media trained and give the answers that are media friendly.

No one is gonna ask that as the manager as they know the manager will treat it the level of respect it deserves

Also the answer to your main question, one their after clickbait answers and no matter what the question is even if it’s a good non click bait one, the manager and the players are media trained and give the answers that are media friendly.
I would assume that a Press meeting is to give information and for the press to ask questions.

Well he's not going to say yes or no to that and give away team news a day in advance is he?

The majority of the "difficult questions" people want asked don't get asked because the manager isn't going to answer them. That's why they ask questions they're likely to get an answer to.

I honestly don't know why we have them.

In this day and age we have enough internal club platforms to communicate out from. The fans can get their info from there. %^*& the press.

Load up a quick video from manager/player and that will do.

In 2024 we should not need to go through this archaic presser before and after every game with the same tedious format. It's painful to witness.
Thing is, it's not really archaic though. The massive amount of media the manager and players need to do now is actually fairly new, in relative terms at least. Broadcasters in particular demand them to use as filler for their 24/7 coverage and it allows them to analyse the crap out of every generic and inane sentence uttered. Podcasts ditto. The written media just twist what was said and put their own spin on it. Totally agree it's a complete overload though and a quick 5 minute rundown on the squad, fitness updates and any other info deemed relevant would be plenty.

Do any of the people who attend actually ask any difficult questions.
At times you can't even hear what the question is.
Anybody attended on of these meetings.

You mean like

Why are Goldson, Lunstram Tav immune to your constant rotation while they continue to look weak and show a lack of effort and cost your team every week?

If you were a cocky twat you'd point out this is is the same guy that hooked a player for a flick or whatever it was

I would guess even if the manager was going to drop Tav or Goldson or any of the regular players, he wouldn't admit to it before a game and give our opponent the heads up.

Absolutely pointless asking.

They do become a bit tedious after time, what I will say is I actually felt sorry for big Phil yesterday. Usually after a collapse or a few defeats, near the end, I can’t abide listening to the manager in these. Im not suggesting he’s near the end by the way.

The problem is, as has been mentioned before, is that people think press conferences are robust exchanges of views. They are not. They are totally controlled, obligatory PR events.

If you ask a question a manager doesn’t want to answer, he won’t answer it. It’s that simple.

If you start ranting after a defeat (which is what people really want when they come out with the disingenuous ‘difficult questions’ line) you will literally be ignored, it will be clipped by opponents of the club and fans of other clubs will piss themselves laughing at it.

I very rarely go to press conferences because they are generally the same thing. All that comes out of a presser of note is injuries/squad.

These threads should be titled ‘I’m in the huff about our form and upset that nobody has told the manager I hate player X and Y’.

He's obviously not going to discuss individual players and selection choices and a ridiculous question like that is just going to piss him off.

That's not a difficult question, it's an unbelievably stupid one.

You mean like

Why are Goldson, Lunstram Tav immune to your constant rotation while they continue to look weak and show a lack of effort and cost your team every week?

If you were a cocky twat you'd point out this is is the same guy that hooked a player for a flick or whatever it was
And if you asked that he would say, rightly, "You're talking absolute shite and I won't be answering any questions from you in the future"

I’ve certainly heard tough questions asked- Clement commented yesterday on the criticism of Tav after being asked.

If you are looking for him to slaughter players to the media, like some folk do on here, it’s rightly never going to happen.

I once asked Walter privately why he kept picking certain players during a rough spell in his second time as boss. He looked at me as if I was stupid and said witheringly ‘because I think they’ll help us win the game. Is it no obvious?’

That really is the reason. And managers aren’t going to walk away from a presser saying ‘I was going to pick this player but that guy just told me some folk on FF don’t want me to so I won’t now’.

Most of the usual questions are met with a predictable response

1st question on Jacks interview yesterday "is it good to get a game quickly after Sunday" I think we all know the answer Raman.

Only real benefit i get from them is the team/injury news

Edit - this is for all interviews,not just Rangers

I once asked Walter privately why he kept picking certain players during a rough spell in his second time as boss. He looked at me as if I was stupid and said witheringly ‘because I think they’ll help us win the game. Is it no obvious?’

That really is the reason. And managers aren’t going to walk away from a presser saying ‘I was going to pick this player but that guy just told me some folk on FF don’t want me to so I won’t now’.

We literally don't have any other options other than the two players people want dropped either.

It's absolute nonsense.

The problem is, as has been mentioned before, is that people think press conferences are robust exchanges of views. They are not. They are totally controlled, obligatory PR events.

If you ask a question a manager doesn’t want to answer, he won’t answer it. It’s that simple.

If you start ranting after a defeat (which is what people really want when they come out with the disingenuous ‘difficult questions’ line) you will literally be ignored, it will be clipped by opponents of the club and fans of other clubs will piss themselves laughing at it.

I very rarely go to press conferences because they are generally the same thing. All that comes out of a presser of note is injuries/squad.

These threads should be titled ‘I’m in the huff about our form and upset that nobody has told the manager I hate player X and Y’.
I think folk expected fan media to go in and start asking ridiculous questions like you mention above. As you say, if you don’t toe the party line you will just be ignored. Not much you can do about it really.

If you heard him he is not dropping his captain,he said he had a bad game against Ross County and Tav knows he had but no mention of his usual nightmare against the scum,every time me we play them.

Back