The Rangers AGM

safe standing definitely garnering a lot of traction on FF at least, think this is the time to engage again. Survey and cost up a proposal that the board have to make a decision and justify a yay or neigh.

It isn’t a hill to die on for me, we need to remember a conversion will be for life and something that cannot be used in European games. We do have an ageing support and perhaps this will rejuvenate a more youthful following. Fill the corner in and then from there to BF1 is your standing area with nobody bumped from their seat behind the goal

I agree mate. I’m £500 for BF1, gladly pay £1k for the first season in a standing section

Hopefully broomloan collective gets support

At least the club could do is pay for a proper cost evaluation and go from there with a proper plan to raise funds and put a price on season tickets to get it started.

As someone said it would be safer with a standing section than it is currently by having a rail in front and behind you.

So many positives to take from that. Great AGM and people are doing such a fantastic job pushing our club forward. Yet majority of the thread taken up by wee boys greeting about wanting to stand at the match. Some people will just never be happy.
or gettin a good pie lol

Rangers AGM 2021
James Bisgrove said they recognise the culture of Supporters Clubs and will back them to receive more tickets.
There was a furore over the allocation Rangers received from Hearts for their game at Tynecastle on December 12.

They get a return in terms of shares for that, not that I say that to belittle their input, its not a grand philanthropic gesture, its made with business brain fully engaged as well as their hearts.
The fans are, and always will be the real heroes of the clubs return to prominence IMO.

It's very much a joint effort for me.

We needed their funding to keep us functioning, as well as supporting Gerrard, to make us competitive.

Rangers AGM 2021
James Bisgrove said they recognise the culture of Supporters Clubs and will back them to receive more tickets.
There was a furore over the allocation Rangers received from Hearts for their game at Tynecastle on December 12.
So where’s their cut coming from then?

Reducing club use or mygers? They need more tickets for corporate as it is

Bisgrove is a whopper. Good to know it’s him that’s ultimately in charge of mygers/ticket office though

I’ve been to a few games in Germany and their matchday experiences blow us out the water. Fans here just turn up to the game before kickoff and go straight home. There’s nothing to do before the game or after except go to a pub.
Lived in Germany for 10 years, been to BMG, Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern, Hannover and a few smaller grounds. Germany is hyped up to more than it is because they have safe standing areas and you're allowed to buy a beer. Outside there's occasionally fanzones, selling beers, bratwurst, burgers, pommes and the like. It's really not that different from going to the pub for a beer and picking up something from the burger van. Fanzones are often a fair walk from the stadium.

Safe standing might be good for some, and if it pays for itself, or is "crowdfunded" then fair enough. It's not like it's critical to the success of Rangers, it's more to satisfy those who feel entitled to a bit more...or annoys them because "they" have it.

Lived in Germany for 10 years, been to BMG, Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern, Hannover and a few smaller grounds. Germany is hyped up to more than it is because they have safe standing areas and you're allowed to buy a beer. Outside there's occasionally fanzones, selling beers, bratwurst, burgers, pommes and the like. It's really not that different from going to the pub for a beer and picking up something from the burger van. Fanzones are often a fair walk from the stadium.

Safe standing might be good for some, and if it pays for itself, or is "crowdfunded" then fair enough. It's not like it's critical to the success of Rangers, it's more to satisfy those who feel entitled to a bit more...or annoys them because "they" have it.
Another person that has zero understanding on this issue

In what way is it an entitlement to want a standing section? It’s not as if we want it to reduce ticket costs etc

So many positives to take from that. Great AGM and people are doing such a fantastic job pushing our club forward. Yet majority of the thread taken up by wee boys greeting about wanting to stand at the match. Some people will just never be happy.
Wee boys Hahaha take this mindest so far away

Plenty guys with good and important jobs who are also active supporters. Nothing about wee guys infact it's the opposite educated guys who want the best match day experience.

Sorry you prefer to use Ibrox as an escape from not wearing the pants in your relationship and insult "wee guys"

Don’t see why you can’t have both mate, the club’s not exactly cash stretched to provide small things for fans who fork out hundreds a season.
For me it's all about the modern sporting experience and making the most out of the customer experience while maximising income. Some people want to make a family day out of the football experience and talking from personal point of view, there is nowhere to take my under age nephew pre game or after, which also makes the day a rush.Every comfortable business is in Partick, City centre ect. Be good to go to the rangers cafe to get a decent burger, watch a game or have a beer after while traffic and queues get easier. I would have liked the designers to consider a roof cafe/beer garden on top of the new building. Would have been great for the summer and brought in a greater level of income.
But glad it appears to have been a positive AGM with a lot of happy bears

Awful take.

The majority of the AGM was positive, people are right to want better engagement though in regards to safe standing.

Was there not talk in the past that our old H&S 'friends' would require each step in the stands to be wider in order to introduce safe standing? Just something that's niggling at the back of my brain from years ago. Could simply have been an excuse to fob folk off but I'm sure I recall something about that. That doesn't make it non-achievable of course. Like everything else, if you throw enough money at it then its do-able - if its even required.

Then there's the old chestnut about increased attendances. For sure, in other countries safe standing can lead to a slight increase in capacity. Pretty sure the regulations in the UK stipulate a ratio of 1:1 right now - and there's no signs at all of that being changed.

And, as pointed out earlier in the thread, I suggest that the BF isn't the ideal location considering that there might be occasions - admittedly few - where we have to give up some of that area to visiting fans. Plenty alternatives though, subject to fan re-location problems which, ultimately, may be the biggest issue. I recall the outcry from some on here when they got shifted from the Red Zone seats over to the Away corner earlier in the season. Imagine that x 3000.

So where’s their cut coming from then?

Reducing club use or mygers? They need more tickets for corporate as it is

Bisgrove is a whopper. Good to know it’s him that’s ultimately in charge of mygers/ticket office though
I would like to think the club finally acknowledges that official RSC's are best vehicle for away tickets and match day travel.

I would like to think the club finally acknowledges that official RSC's are best vehicle for away tickets and match day travel.
It’s lip service mate, unless they’re meaning the % will go back to 30%.

Bar72 being corporate has caused them a massive headache, they should’ve been included in mygers tbh

So realistically club use is now 25%, mygers 50% and buses around 25%

Wouldn’t be surprised if club use goes to 30% for tight allocations with buses only getting 20%

Wee boys Hahaha take this mindest so far away

Plenty guys with good and important jobs who are also active supporters. Nothing about wee guys infact it's the opposite educated guys who want the best match day experience.

Sorry you prefer to use Ibrox as an escape from not wearing the pants in your relationship and insult "wee guys"
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another person that has zero understanding on this issue

In what way is it an entitlement to want a standing section? It’s not as if we want it to reduce ticket costs etc
Zero understanding :D

What do you actually go to the game for? Are you a "customer" who wants an "experience"?

As a fan I've been to multiple places, good and bad, and in order, all that interests me is the result first and the performance second. Getting to the place we're playing would be third, then perhaps some sustenance at the place would be appreciated. Whether sitting or standing would be totally immaterial. Prefer to stand, but not really important. Being there is the important bit.

Chelsea turned the West Stand Upper (equivalent of our Club Deck) into a full stand of hospitality. The message was basically prize freeze for one season then pay up or move out.

There will be no urgency for safe standing by the club because its a cost rather than a revenue generating opportunity.

I've suggested in here and another thread a small standing area over 1 or 2 sections with a slightly increased ticket price to cover the costs. BF1 and 2 where most already stand anybody.
The club have been told in previous years the fans would fund it. I’m sure C1872 suggested/offered to help a few years ago too.

The issue is the board.

You can debate all day about where it should be, how big, how to fund, yadda yadda yadda. None of it matters because the board are simply not interested in the slightest as they do not care for the matchday experience or the average fan.

I don’t know what the next step is, but I really wish all the major organisations, fan groups & RSCS set up a proper campaign for everyone to get behind. The whole ‘mixed response’ is utter bullshit.

It’s lip service mate, unless they’re meaning the % will go back to 30%.

Bar72 being corporate has caused them a massive headache, they should’ve been included in mygers tbh

So realistically club use is now 25%, mygers 50% and buses around 25%

Wouldn’t be surprised if club use goes to 30% for tight allocations with buses only getting 20%
however as like always remains to be seen

my last post on it, as its brain damaging

Zero understanding :D

What do you actually go to the game for? Are you a "customer" who wants an "experience"?

As a fan I've been to multiple places, good and bad, and in order, all that interests me is the result first and the performance second. Getting to the place we're playing would be third, then perhaps some sustenance at the place would be appreciated. Whether sitting or standing would be totally immaterial. Prefer to stand, but not really important. Being there is the important bit.
I honestly don’t care about the experience other than standing safely

I’d be happy with concourse facilities remaining the same so long as we get safe standing. It’s not the safest thing in the world standing behind the plastic seat infront

Safe Standing would be great and something I support, but there were far bigger issues today (particularly on the financial side) and that was all very positive.
Disagree with your point.

Anything from a business point of view is always going to be viewed by the board as a more important issue than safe standing.

It would be a side project if you like, but it means a lot to those who want it. And would transform the matchday experience for a lot of us.

There’s no reason why projects like Safe Standing can’t be delegated and the board can work on the business side.

It happens in every company on the planet. The board give budgets to individual departments to go and do their work.

It’s still better fan experience wise than here. The club’s focusing on improving things commercial wise whereas things fans have been asking for to be improved aren’t. You can only now just pay by card at the kiosks and the disabled section is only now being improved because of pressure.

No chance of safe standing happening anytime soon.

Any soundbites from the club in regards to seating have always been heavily weighted towards increasing the corporate hospitality seating, with no thought towards safe-standing.

Some right self-entitled important people in the support.

For me, it's about the best product on the pitch. I'll happily go without a posh feckin pie for that.
It’s entertainment mate. Wanting as good a match day experience as possible is far from being self entitled.

I wish that some posters had the same amount of passion and enthusiasm for better disabled access as they do for safe standing.
Both things aren’t exclusive however disabled facilities will reduce overall revenue for the club, hence park saying it’s depending on increasing capacity

I’d like both to happen but it won’t

Is Edmonton House not the old brick supporters club at the front of Spurs stadium? :))

Edit: Close, that's Warmington House and Edmonton Dispensary is next door.

Really disappointing the club aren’t taking the greater good over some bangers in the Copland who had full flooded knickers when asked about moving.

Safe standing should be a priority, the stadium is dying it’s the worst it’s ever been. A atmosphere is horrific

I totally get there is a fair number of regular Ibrox supporters who want a safe standing section, and ideally I hope it can happen so that their wishes are catered for. To be honest, no idea where it should be, how big it should be, how it impacts current season holders who would potentially lose their seat, or away allocations for Cup ties. As a principle I have no problem with it, as always the devil will be in the detail. And nobody seems to have that detail as things are right now.

But while I know about the survey results, there's a world of difference between agreeing it would be a good thing, and having it as a top priority. For example if the question was phrased like this, would 80% still put it at the top?

"Rangers have limited resources to carry out improvements to Ibrox stadium and to improve the match day experience. Please rank these potential improvements in order of priority for you.

A safe standing section
A modern disabled supporter facility
Upgraded toilets in all areas
Upgraded and improved catering in all areas
Increasing stadium capacity
A matchday fan zone"

Not saying safe standing isn't a good thing, but where should it be against other potential spends at a time the club financial position is well known?

No mention of mygers. My head is going to explode :eek:

It’s been mentioned on here before by other prominent posters, this is the only place I see/hear folk acting like spoilt children over it.

We were high TC points and go to almost every euro away, however due to the old away scheme system we were lucky if we got 5 domestic away tickets a season. we were going to more Euro away than domestic away, We are Gold MyGers and had 5 domestic already this season. It’s working for us.

It is impossible for fans who want to go to every game to go to them all, allocations dictate this, As frustrating as it is I accept it, doesn’t make me any less a fan, having to sit in the house watching it on TV, however there has not been one game this season that spares haven’t been getting passed around, even in the TO on here, doesn’t matter if it is Brondby or Livi it’s happening always has always will,

It’s been mentioned on here before by other prominent posters, this is the only place I see/hear folk acting like spoilt children over it.

We were high TC points and go to almost every euro away, however due to the old away scheme system we were lucky if we got 5 domestic away tickets a season. we were going to more Euro away than domestic away, We are Gold MyGers and had 5 domestic already this season. It’s working for us.

It is impossible for fans who want to go to every game to go to them all, allocations dictate this, As frustrating as it is I accept it, doesn’t make me any less a fan, having to sit in the house watching it on TV, however there has not been one game this season that spares haven’t been getting passed around, even in the TO on here, doesn’t matter if it is Brondby or Livi it’s happening always has always will,
I’ve had a ticket for every game and probably the most outspoken

No toys out my pram because I’m missing out on tickets haha

I wish that some posters had the same amount of passion and enthusiasm for better disabled access as they do for safe standing.
People are obviously going to be a bit more selfish and shout louder about things that will directly impact them. Hence the bigger discussion for safe standing.

The disabled access not many will know much about. I certainly don’t. But I do know that its been mentioned at every AGM for 3/4/5 years now. Nothing but lip service paid to it.

Another poor show.

Back