The Rangers mantra that is absolutely destroying us

Bearsden Bear

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "not the Rangers way" - this horrible cliche, which 20 years ago, I was very vocal about how harmful it was to us as a Club, and how the support needed to wise up. Not everyone did, but then everyone suffered.

Now it is time for the Board to wise up. Actually, I am wrong, the time was a year ago, when there was already overwhelming evidence of systemic bias (perpetuated by the football authorities in Scotland) against our club through the statistics showing that our nearest rivals over many games required to commit twice as many fouls as we did in order to earn a yellow card.

Last year, we were aware of it, but the country was not, and the Club' silence in not highlighting these massive discrepancies publicly, set the scene for a 14-point swing in Celtic's favour by a remarkable series of "honest mistakes" by officials, which then allowed Celtic to win the title by 4 points, and be in the Champions League and then budget accordingly. Rangers FC - who, naively, seem to believe that it is "not the Rangers way" to complain about referees - were utterly negligent in not highlighting this a year ago.

This weekend's inter-city derbies surely added further fuel to the "double standards" fire, and so Rangers should be calling a major media conference, with tables showing the # of red/yellow cards per fouls committed, and just asking the question, 'Why?"!

Not all referees are Celtic fans - although this weekend's ones surely are - but many others are simply too scared to give a decision in our favour or against them. They need to be petrifed to give bad decisions against us, in the sure and certain knowledge that their actions are being closely monitored, and they will be held to account for any further fraudulent actions. The whole integrity of the Scottish game needs to be put under the brightest of spotlights, and we should be seen to be at the forefront of such a move.

Honest decisions, facilitated when necessary by VAR - can only benefit the game as a whole, which every football fan should want.

Over the last year or two, there are many things that need answering by the board.

Numerous things both on and off the park. I.e. the Australia debacle, issues with match day experience, and so on etc

I dont know what the solution or the protocol is at an AGM, but perhaps someone who is very articulate at explaining and documenting these obvious discrepancies and apparent bias could bring it up.

Or is that just not "the Rangers Way" ?

I honestly wonder if people are just wilfully not listening to the media after our games. The biggest talking point of the weekend’s football up here has been Lundstram’s red card, and the overwhelming majority of pundits have said it was the wrong decision. It hasn’t exactly been swept under the carpet.

How do you square the circle of their moonhowlers behaving in the exact same manner during the 90s and accusing us of planting referees and being out to get them. Both sides have done it, or only now one side is doing it?

I honestly wonder if people are just wilfully not listening to the media after our games. The biggest talking point of the weekend’s football up here has been Lundstram’s red card, and the overwhelming majority of pundits have said it was the wrong decision. It hasn’t exactly been swept under the carpet.

It’s properly mental at this stage. Genuinely worrying.

In recent years we've made very public statements about referees and their performances, released a whole dossier of corrupt decision making by the SPFL, led the calls for VAR, and nothing has come of it. We'll get VAR soon, but it's much later than it should have been.

The biggest flaw with this argument, every time, is the notion that anything we'd do would be reacted to in the same way as others doing it would. That's not the case, and we have numerous pieces of evidence to support that.

So for all the "board needs to wise up" stuff which many seem to argue, I'd ask simply what people genuinely believe would be achieved - what else can we do? If you believe there is a systematic bias against us, what do you think is likely to happen when you highlight that bias to the people who are in charge and enacting it?

In recent years we've made very public statements about referees and their performances, released a whole dossier of corrupt decision making by the SPFL, led the calls for VAR, and nothing has come of it. We'll get VAR soon, but it's much later than it should have been.

The biggest flaw with this argument, every time, is the notion that anything we'd do would be reacted to in the same way as others doing it would. That's not the case, and we have numerous pieces of evidence to support that.

So for all the "board needs to wise up" stuff which many seem to argue, I'd ask simply what people genuinely believe would be achieved - what else can we do? If you believe there is a systematic bias against us, what do you think is likely to happen when you highlight that bias to the people who are in charge and enacting it?

Bang on.

The idea that we’ve been silent is frankly, absurd. We’ve been more vocal than any other club in Scotland, by an absolute distance.

It’s an utter waste of time, because we repeatedly refuse to focus our grievances on actual deserved injustices, and instead adopt a scatter gun approach where every decision that doesn't go exactly as we’d like it is evidence of a conspiracy.

This all started in ernest when THEY called into question the refs integrity ! Referees went on strike and afterwards we then had social media bullying. The non compliant refs were under threat. Now they have their men in place and the frightened won’t blow the whistle OR are keen to blow the wrong one. It’s a problem, when Bankier can openly slate a referee at an AGM and go unpunished. They are now the “establishment “ club.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "not the Rangers way" - this horrible cliche, which 20 years ago, I was very vocal about how harmful it was to us as a Club, and how the support needed to wise up. Not everyone did, but then everyone suffered.

Now it is time for the Board to wise up. Actually, I am wrong, the time was a year ago, when there was already overwhelming evidence of systemic bias (perpetuated by the football authorities in Scotland) against our club through the statistics showing that our nearest rivals over many games required to commit twice as many fouls as we did in order to earn a yellow card.

Last year, we were aware of it, but the country was not, and the Club' silence in not highlighting these massive discrepancies publicly, set the scene for a 14-point swing in Celtic's favour by a remarkable series of "honest mistakes" by officials, which then allowed Celtic to win the title by 4 points, and be in the Champions League and then budget accordingly. Rangers FC - who, naively, seem to believe that it is "not the Rangers way" to complain about referees - were utterly negligent in not highlighting this a year ago.

This weekend's inter-city derbies surely added further fuel to the "double standards" fire, and so Rangers should be calling a major media conference, with tables showing the # of red/yellow cards per fouls committed, and just asking the question, 'Why?"!

Not all referees are Celtic fans - although this weekend's ones surely are - but many others are simply too scared to give a decision in our favour or against them. They need to be petrifed to give bad decisions against us, in the sure and certain knowledge that their actions are being closely monitored, and they will be held to account for any further fraudulent actions. The whole integrity of the Scottish game needs to be put under the brightest of spotlights, and we should be seen to be at the forefront of such a move.

Honest decisions, facilitated when necessary by VAR - can only benefit the game as a whole, which every football fan should want.
Brilliant post mate but you'll still some on here saying we should be playing through the cheating and bias to win games. They're utterly mental!

It’s not even being a conspiracy nut to question why it takes on average Celtic 4 fouls to get a yellow card most games. Take today for example they had 11 fouls no bookings. Hearts had 8 fouls and 2 red cards. It just doesn’t add up.

It takes a minor miracle for a Celtic player to be sent off in most games and over a decade since they had 2 in the same game.

The fact is Collum or any other referee calls those decisions against celtic and it costs them points they are finished with refereeing. The outcry from media led by the club would mean they would never officiate again, they know this hence they don’t even want to issue a yellow card for fear the same player commits again and forces a red.

You’ll be ridiculed for telling the truth mate this mob running us are not fit for purpose and it’s going to either take a miracle or something to toxic to change it.

Sickens me that we let the scum get to the champions league by winning last years title, and they look a certainty to win this one.

Hell mend our board if that happens.

The board really need to be street wise here and go after Collum after Saturday and his disgraceful decisions

Remind people Collum sent off Candeias for blowing a kiss ffs at St Mirren

The dignified silence isn’t working and we need to fight dirty

There are far too many pro scum referees who are out of control and Clancy at the scumhut today is another example

The foul count for Scum v Hearts is disproportionate and totally corrupt

No way can Hearts have 12 fouls with 2 reds and 7 yellows but the scum have 11 fouls and no yellows

McGregor pulls back Haring who is breaking but Clancy gives a foul but no yellow card

I didn’t watch the 2nd half but Clancy is a cheat

The club need to publicly come out and say this isn’t acceptable

Gio shat himself on Saturday after the game when he should be asking why a very similar challenge is a yellow but our foul is a red card ?

I think the media has a lot to do with it. Mutton n his crowd are all over refs when the give a decision to rangers. Right or wrong. Where as our so called friends in the media I seen miller have a go at Morelos on Saturday what he said was right buff was in the wrong but no way should that have been the biggest talking point after that game.

We should be making it known that Collum wasn't good enough on Saturday absolutely but it's far from a conspiracy. We've had some decisions in our favour as well already this season.

I'd rather we focussed on actually playing decent football on the pitch which so far seems not to be happening. Big problems with the tactics, lineups and transfers in for me.

Put our energy where it is effective.

Lundstrams red card can be discussed by us and pundits until we are all blue:)) in the face but it's up to the club to take a serious turn to themselves and put it out there ,get on the refs backs get on the spfl backs and voice it with serious intent. Enough is enough, the final straw has been broken and if nothing is said now then I'm afraid it'll never be addressed.

If only we had a fan group with a significant shareholding that could challenge both governing bodies for us.
They will release a statement a couple of days too late and it will be ignored.

They should be questioning the integrity of certain individuals and the league as a whole and keep at it.

It's also been stated as a brutal challenge highly cynical etc etc. Trying to downplay the hypocrisy of it being a challenge made in near enough every game . Trippier sent off today for Newcastle then rescinded by var for the same challenge ,there is no hiding place for this debacle.

Those cvnts have all the power in the media and the authorities.

We need something very radical, militant and probably un-Protestant if we're ever going to shake lose the foundations of the sinister forces that work against us.

For all their abilities, that simply isn't our Board's wheelhouse and without the club spearheading this we're pissing in the wind.

It's so corrupt that Scottish football is becoming pointless.

I'd stop taking away tickets. Hit all the other clubs financially.

Start somewhere, do something.

I would suggest we have to say we raise this at AGMs, we have turned the Presbyterian Cheek so many times, we’re like a spinning top. Having said that our tactics and style of play was shit, no strong attacking, no shooting also contributed to the draw

A good friend of mine is a top level (Scotland) referee/4th official, and other than a referee being able to choose their final game before retirement (which is effectively at the home of the team they support) he assures me there's no bias towards any team from officials.

As hard as it is to believe, I trust his word. He's the most straight laced and honest guy you'll ever meet. They're just inept and of an incredibly poor standard.

That said, I absolutely believe our leadership team should be highlighting the inconsistencies PUBLICLY.

The stench of corruption in Scottish football is overwhelming.
The Dundee email scandal was a highlight and since then it has continued unabated not least via the series of refereeing 'honest mistakes' which by coincidence always seem to benefit the one rancid club.

There is an ingrained fear of Celtic that is absolutely rife in Scottish football and it extends from opposition clubs to match officials.

Whether they are filth fans or not is irrelevant. Every single one of them know the consequences for stepping out of line.

Unfortunately our club have sat back and allowed this poison to fester whilst making ourselves an all too easy target.

It’s now too far gone. It feels like to even have a sniff of winning the league in this country now we will need a repetition of the 20/21 season where they are absolutely dire and we blow away every team we play. Any season where both clubs are fairly evenly matched in terms of ability and we can forget it.

I bet the match officials were absolutely delighted that the filths big 10iar season was all but over by Christmas to keep the pressure firmly away from them.

A good friend of mine is a top level (Scotland) referee/4th official, and other than a referee being able to choose their final game before retirement (which is effectively at the home of the team they support) he assures me there's no bias towards any team from officials.

As hard as it is to believe, I trust his word. He's the most straight laced and honest guy you'll ever meet. They're just inept and of an incredibly poor standard.

That said, I absolutely believe our leadership team should be highlighting the inconsistencies PUBLICLY.

It won’t be a pre-planned conspiracy like the mentally challengeds think has existed against them in every single domestic game they’ve competed since inception.

It’s all down to fear of them. It might be subconscious with most officials but it exists, and it affects their decision making just about every single week.

They bully. They fight dirty. They make examples of officials. They threaten them. They hound them out of their jobs.

Officials know the consequences of not keeping the filth happy with their performances. We are the polar opposite and are as soft as shite so are easy to go against.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy, cheating or other skullduggery at play with these poor calls.

What I do believe is that there is an element of subconscious "bias" shown due to Celtics documented campaign, both officially and unofficially, over any perceived slight.

A 50/50 call - hell even a 70/30 - in favour of Rangers is days of scrutiny and abuse.
The same call against Celtic is nothing.

As a human being, that must be at the back of your mind.

I genuinely don't think some of our officials have the mental capacity to make the quick split second decisions they do within a conspiracy.

I would suggest we have to say we raise this at AGMs, we have turned the Presbyterian Cheek so many times, we’re like a spinning top. Having said that our tactics and style of play was shit, no strong attacking, no shooting also contributed to the draw
I agree, and the point of my post was not just about yesterday. There is a serious, strong and consistent pattern here, which must be exposed in order to be corrected.

It won’t be a pre-planned conspiracy like the mentally challengeds think has existed against them in every single domestic game they’ve competed since inception.

It’s all down to fear of them. It might be subconscious with most officials but it exists, and it affects their decision making just about every single week.

They bully. They fight dirty. They make examples of officials. They threaten them. They hound them out of their jobs.

Officials know the consequences of not keeping the filth happy with their performances. We are the polar opposite and are as soft as shite so are easy to go against.
Official have been compromised they can't referee games with impunity for fear of the consequences.

The Board are negligent regarding this issue...it is killing us on the park and off it.
Seriously what is the point of Rangers competing in this league?

Septic have literally ended the careers of Scottish referees McDonald being one. Hugh Dallas lost his job at the SFA not because of a E mail but because Rangers won the league at the beggar dome when he refereed and they never forgot it. When they go after a referee they will get full backing from the Scottish press and media. An assistant referee was in his local wearing a Rangers top or a referee is a minister in the church of Scotland or a referee was drunk while following the orange walk etc etc etc. If Rangers attempted this the press and media would have a field day there would be absolutely no support from them. It's probably what the cnuts want so they can go full bhuna on how Rangers are paranoid and have lost the plot.

If there is a conspiratorial bias it’s a little unusual that it didn’t work in Celtic’s biggest league campaign in their history. No ten.
Because that season was flawless in every match. We scored early goals , taking the initiative from opposition players, and match officials.
The officiating against our club is so poisonous, that unless we are a couple of goals up at half time , discreet percentages decisions from a referee be it bookings , fouls , or offsides, begin emerging with a common thread. Which is to impair our ability to use the laws of football to win a match.

The evidence is laid bare, when considerering the progressive results achieved by our club in European competition. Where our team are not inhibited by officials diminishing tempos of our performance through their sporting negligence .

Draw a parallel to the SPFL ‘s most protected club, in Europe , why do you think they continually fail on a regular basis ?

I think it’s because they assume the veil of officialdom protection on the continent too. Why would they assume anything else.? They think all the SPFL decisions provided in their favour , are because of their innate football ability .

They can’t adapt to the reality of having to progress in football competition on the exclusive merits of their football application .

Rangers are definitely being refereed in an unfair pro active and reactive way, to stifle our progress at all costs. The methodical way they go about it is designed to be discreet, difficult opening fixtures, if the opportunity presents itself to impact on a Rangers result . Grab it, influence it .
I believe there is institutional cheating at the heart of the SFA.

The only chance we have of winning this league is buy controlling every game from start to finish , scoring quick fire goals every match . Be flawless. What a burden to place on our players and management . The board should demanding VAR before the old firm game . To remind them that we are on to them.

I think there is a fine line with this stuff too.
I agree club should come out and condemn when required; as we have done so in past.

Fans, ex-players and the media can and should highlight.

However, a look at the Hearts corruption thread shows where we need to draw a line too...

It's been the biggest talking point...yet our club remain silent on it or Gio gives out wishy-washy answers and pretty much says it's one of those things.

Over the last year or two, there are many things that need answering by the board.

Numerous things both on and off the park. I.e. the Australia debacle, issues with match day experience, and so on etc

I dont know what the solution or the protocol is at an AGM, but perhaps someone who is very articulate at explaining and documenting these obvious discrepancies and apparent bias could bring it up.

Or is that just not "the Rangers Way" ?

"perhaps someone who is very articulate at explaining and documenting these obvious discrepancies and apparent bias could bring it up".

As Ive been saying for years, Rangers need to employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies by the media, football authorities and others. Making individual isolated complaints is useless.

It’s not even being a conspiracy nut to question why it takes on average Celtic 4 fouls to get a yellow card most games. Take today for example they had 11 fouls no bookings. Hearts had 8 fouls and 2 red cards. It just doesn’t add up.

It takes a minor miracle for a Celtic player to be sent off in most games and over a decade since they had 2 in the same game.
They had a player go into the crowd after scoring last week who was on a yellow no red card
if that was any other teams player would have been spent off

Wish Gio would point it out in the interviews after the game too .
No need for a rant , but , in Saturday for example , simply point out , that the referee has cost us two points .

If there is a conspiratorial bias it’s a little unusual that it didn’t work in Celtic’s biggest league campaign in their history. No ten.

It’s mental that people seriously look at as some sort of grand conspiracy tbh - proper moon howler stuff.

Referees make poor decisions every single game. The one thing that would be correct to say is that it doesn’t always balance out over a season - but sometimes we benefit from that.

Anyone talking about some massive anti-rangers conspiracy and in the same breath claiming Morelos shouldn’t have been sent off, is part of the problem imo. As a supporter base we don’t pick and choose our battles, we simply view anything that doesn’t go exactly as we’d like it as being anti-Rangers, and part of a conspiracy.

Exact same behaviour we’d have mocked them for in the 90’s and we all know it.

Back