The Rangers Store - Outwear Sale.

Wouldve debated the navy bench jacket to go with the rest of the training gear but sold out

The thing with a lot of the stuff is that no-one is really going anywhere where the would need to wear some of this stuff. People are at home much more than they have ever been.

One big void is obviously match going fans. Many would normally buy this stuff to wear to matches home and away. With that not happening there is less requirement for these types of garments for the forseeable future.

Now, a heated throw on the other hand..........

when these type of posts were appearing a couple of months ago, folks were all over them. Now we see lukewarm response to Castore. Based on the quality, delivery & comms issue I won't be buying anything until I can see it in front of me. I'm 160 miles away. Castore really have shot themselves in the foot.

I would actually like some of the stuff without the Rangers Crest on it , this would actually annoy the tims even more as you could wear it into pubs and they would know what it represents and couldn’t complain to folk about wearing it as no crests. Like the body warmer for instance, decent price rather than their lifestyle range which is very pricey

I would actually like some of the stuff without the Rangers Crest on it , this would actually annoy the tims even more as you could wear it into pubs and they would know what it represents and couldn’t complain to folk about wearing it as no crests. Like the body warmer for instance, decent price rather than their lifestyle range which is very pricey

Have at it

Sounds like sales are slow, no wonder it's grossly overpriced.

I was in on Friday £80 for a rain jacket :)), i see it's now £56
“Quality” of the brand - they are totally missing the target market I think, or maybe I am tighter than the Rangers defence.

That disappeared before the turn of the century mate.
Not at all, the Hummel stuff was far more affordable for a family to buy than Castore - Ashley aside, before that was what Umbro and again was reasonably priced.
This years offerings are just overly pricey for an average Joe Bloggs and his two kids.

The rain jackets... how waterproof do you think they are. Decent for running in light rain?

Not at all, the Hummel stuff was far more affordable for a family to buy than Castore - Ashley aside, before that was what Umbro and again was reasonably priced.
This years offerings are just overly pricey for an average Joe Bloggs and his two kids.

Correct

Just a wee example

Umbro rain jacket

Linfield £48
West Ham £60

Until they went on sale Rangers Castore £80 :oops:

Correct

Just a wee example

Umbro rain jacket

Linfield £48
West Ham £60

Until they went on sale Rangers Castore £80 :oops:
You dont want to be too critical as they are marketing themselves as a unique, bespoke and quality manufacturer - which is fine and well - but it then comes down to affordability and for me, I’d rather spend £80 on a nice day out for the 3 of us than on a jacket. Thats just me though.

The rain jackets... how waterproof do you think they are. Decent for running in light rain?

Can only go on seeing it in the flesh last week, I wouldn't be confident it'd keep you dry despite the official description. The jacket has a waterproof coating, keeping you warm and dry even in the harshest of Glasgow winters and has subtle white branding on the chest.

Can only go on seeing it in the flesh last week, I wouldn't be confident it'd keep you dry despite the official description. The jacket has a waterproof coating, keeping you warm and dry even in the harshest of Glasgow winters and has subtle white branding on the chest.

How I imagine it to be honest. Don't expect anything at that price range to be anywhere near waterproof.

Just fancy some Rangers gear for out running.

How I imagine it to be honest. Don't expect anything at that price range to be anywhere near waterproof.

Just fancy some Rangers gear for out running.

Sorry to go off at a tangent. Was thinking of getting my boy an away top , but keep hearing the quality was crap. Is this still the case. Can’t manage to the shop to have a look.

Most of the gear looks good it might be pricey but if it wasn't selling it would be on sale. like every every store on the planet the only stuff that goes on sale is the stuff no one will buy which is the case with these outerwear items. Its not a reflection on the rest of the Rangers/Castore items which if anything sell out.

Last edited:
Probably the stuff that isn't selling as no ones going to the games. Normally see quite a few of the big jackets in the stands, no ones buying that to watch the game from their sofa.

I am not surprised the Grey and Orange bench jacket, rain jacket and Gillet is on sale it looks terrible it looks as if its a washed out grey.
It was my first visit to the shop this afternoon the hagi hoodie looks great the Orange training top is very smart and they had a smart black polo shirt which i haven't seen online as for the negative apart from the home top you're struggling to buy any other item of clothing in blue.

Yeah i know they do that stuff , i mean the rangers branded stuff for instance , hoodies with orange wings , take badge off and we can wear it anywhere without questions , we know what it is and so does everyone else , win win

Have at i

Yeah i know they do that stuff , i mean the Rangers branded stuff for instance , hoodies with orange wings , take badge off and we can wear it anywhere without questions , we know what it is and so does everyone else , win win

if you are wearing castore, everyone already knows you are a rangers fan - no need to produce yet another product line

I don’t care what anyone says , Castore rushed to bring out FAR too many different items instead of focussing on less items but better quality .

I cannot ever recall such a large range of different items even in our Nike or Adidas equipment days .

There’s simply no need or market for certain things . How many people are buying a huge light grey with orange trim managers jacket ? Talk about niche .

Hopefully Castore out this right for next seasons stuff . Quality over quantity

I've been pretty critical of Castore in recent times, but I actually think the Outerwear range is pretty decent on the eye and actually looks like quality products. Clicking on that link in this thread is the first time i've noticed the actual pricing of the outerwear range and I'm surprised it wasn't a tad more expensive than that when it was full price. Therefore I think the sale prices are very good for what you're getting.

I don’t care what anyone says , Castore rushed to bring out FAR too many different items instead of focussing on less items but better quality .

I cannot ever recall such a large range of different items even in our Nike or Adidas equipment days .

There’s simply no need or market for certain things . How many people are buying a huge light grey with orange trim managers jacket ? Talk about niche .

Hopefully Castore out this right for next seasons stuff . Quality over quantity
Yes I think they were too eager to impress early doors. Personally I I would prefer a wee bit more for kids. Still can’t get my son any socks for the kits online and I’ve been to busy to drive to Ibrox to see if they have them. Hopefully the club also start doing homewares etc, my son would love a Rangers duvet, pjs housecoat. He would wear everything Rangers if he could.

The varying quality is the problem, and they haven’t done a thing to address it.

Everything is priced very high. Some of the items are close to being worth that pricing, and some of them are genuine jumble sale quality.

The jumpers and joggers are genuinely Primark level gear. The jackets seem a lot better, and no issues with the shirts.

They might look ok online, but it’s not what you receive. They know this and haven’t done a thing about it.

I've been pretty critical of Castore in recent times, but I actually think the Outerwear range is pretty decent on the eye and actually looks like quality products. Clicking on that link in this thread is the first time i've noticed the actual pricing of the outerwear range and I'm surprised it wasn't a tad more expensive than that when it was full price. Therefore I think the sale prices are very good for what you're getting.

£80 for a rain jacket, is that not expensive enough?

Back