The real reason 16 Celtic players forced into isolation

Not sure what you are asking mate? I've explained the two rows in front, two rows behind thing in the football protocols. Its risk management. If clubs want to be 100% safe then they space folk out accordingly. If they want to be practical they do the best they can and accept that if a player tests positive he's 'taking others out' with him. For example, you could put 7 folk on a 52 seater coach spaced out appropriately - but its not practical. So, you use two coaches and split your squad between them - accepting the risk that comes from that. Remember, these guys are supposedly in a 'bubble' and tested frequently.
This kind of makes sense. With regards to the St Mirren/Kilmarnock points fiasco, were they not fined for breaching league social distancing rules around travel on buses/car-sharing?

That sounds like the league has specific rules, rather than just recommendations, regarding how passengers are positioned on buses.

This kind of makes sense. With regards to the St Mirren/Kilmarnock points fiasco, were they not fined for breaching league social distancing rules around travel on buses/car-sharing?

That sounds like the league has specific rules, rather than just recommendations, regarding how passengers are positioned on buses.
Think the Killie/Saints thing involved car sharing and other things as well mate. Might even have been that they had so many players sat together that they effectively lost their entire squad and couldn't play the games.

They are so used to getting away with everything, including the most egregious crimes, they believe they are above the law.
When Bitton was sent off for his rugby tackle, the look of disbelief on his face said it all. Surely you can't be applying the laws of the game to a Celtic player!
Yup I commented on that at the time, it was as if their deal was off with the officials and was great to see. His look was priceless as if to say you can't punish us we get away with that usually and Rangers and the other teams get fu@kall as the norm.

Think the Killie/Saints thing involved car sharing and other things as well mate. Might even have been that they had so many players sat together that they effectively lost their entire squad and couldn't play the games.
Yeah, car-sharing, meal times and bus travel. But more that point that they breached league social distancing on those things, which suggests from the league POV it's not just a case of sit how you like and risk the isolation if it happens, more that they actually aren't allowed to sit closer at all.

Yeah, car-sharing, meal times and bus travel. But more that point that they breached league social distancing on those things, which suggests from the league POV it's not just a case of sit how you like and risk the isolation if it happens, more that they actually aren't allowed to sit closer at all.
I know he's a knobend but that wasn't how Daryl Broadfoot described it the other day. He said strictly maintaining social distancing on a 52 seater coach would only allow 7 on there but that's not practical. You have more and accept the risk. Now, whether there is a level at which it becomes unacceptable to 'accept the risk' I don't know, if you see what I mean. You wouldn't put 52 on it, for example.

No idea what Clerr's doing (I know she was supposed to be 'moving on') but he's brought the game into disrepute.
Plus the comments after the Rangers game
Plus Edouards rugby tackle on a Dundee U player.

There must be a huge bump under the carpet at the SFA with all the sweeping going on about anything to do with Celtc.

I know he's a knobend but that wasn't how Daryl Broadfoot described it the other day. He said strictly maintaining social distancing on a 52 seater coach would only allow 7 on there but that's not practical. You have more and accept the risk. Now, whether there is a level at which it becomes unacceptable to 'accept the risk' I don't know, if you see what I mean. You wouldn't put 52 on it, for example.
Wooly as always around this stuff. If they're determined to have breached the rules ((and admitted it) you'd have to think it was defined somehow more specifically, but who knows?

Wooly as always around this stuff. If they're determined to have breached the rules ((and admitted it) you'd have to think it was defined somehow more specifically, but who knows?
Most clubs now seem to accept that you need two busses to move your squad around and if someone tests positive you likely pay the price. It was only the demented ones ravings about 3 per coach the other day that's 'confused' things, probably intentionally, of course.

What is more baffling is that .. two of our chaps broke Covid protocols, admitted instantly, isolated instantly, and no-one (AFAIK) of the party et al had any symptoms et al. They were handed a massive - deterrent - ban to let people know what will come their way.

Now we have a band of Celtic staff and players, roughly 60 chaps in total, travelling to Dubai, visibly ignoring certain protocols in public, at least a couple contracting Covid et al. Now, how on Earth has the CO not acted upon this? Because they self-isolated on demand by the authorities?

Back