The reason the Livi captian was wearing ear defenders

I made an educated guess this was what it was for.

Excellent work from all involved. Wonderful to see genuine inclusion for all regardless of who you are.

As a father of an autistic kid that’s a brilliant gesture. Absolute credit to Martindale and Devlin for accommodating it and helping awareness.
My daughter is Autistic and I’ve taken her to many gigs wearing ear defenders, and if I showed her this she’d say it was a riddy, but at the same time I know how awkward she feels when she stands out so this is a lovely gesture.

Missed this, logged in too late. Going to show this to my autistic daughter in the morning - she’ll love it! Well done Livi.

Didn’t realise it had taken 10 years to get a wheelchair bound mascot out at a game. Hope this status quo changes. Mind you, a plastic isn’t as soft under the wheels as grass. But a wee runway is easily lifted while the coin toss etc happens.

I thought it was an absolutely terrific gesture from Livingston to not only accommodate the young lad and his wheelchair onto the park, but for their captain to show support to the lad by wearing the earmuffs was equally superb.

It might only be a game of football at the end of the day, but the difference they can make to a young persons life can’t be underestimated. Life’s bigger than football, and sometimes kids with conditions just need that wee boost from time to time and the wee fella clearly deserved that gesture yesterday
Well done to all. Makes the heart go warm seeing that kind of stuff.

Great from everyone involved. Known Davie for years and he's a sound guy despite the stick he gets for his past.

How do I view all the pictures in the link? Can't seem to see them all on twitter? Any help appreciated.

I thought it was an absolutely terrific gesture from Livingston to not only accommodate the young lad and his wheelchair onto the park, but for their captain to show support to the lad by wearing the earmuffs was equally superb.

It might only be a game of football at the end of the day, but the difference they can make to a young persons life can’t be underestimated. Life’s bigger than football, and sometimes kids with conditions just need that wee boost from time to time and the wee fella clearly deserved that gesture yesterday
Well done to all. Makes the heart go warm seeing that kind of stuff.
Excellent post.

I read the tweet and most of this thread, what I don’t get is why the young boy was a mascot at livi when he’s a bear? Nothing wrong with what happened at all (in fact it’s class from livi) but would have thought he’d want to go out at Ibrox? I take it the family are local and travel is an issue?

As an autistic bear with 2 autistic teenagers, this brought a wee tear to my eye. Even if distance wasn't a huge barrier for us, I'd struggle to get my lads in a stadium because it is so noisy and sound is such a huge issue for them - we're armchair fans out of necessity rather than choice.
Have you heard of Broxi's Den at Ibrox? A kind of viewing area within the stadium specifically for fans that have difficulties with loud noises.

Have you heard of Broxi's Den at Ibrox? A kind of viewing area within the stadium specifically for fans that have difficulties with loud noises.
Yeah, I looked into it. Logistically we'd need to sort a hell of a lot out, cause the pre and post match would be very difficult to navigate.

I can manage a few games a year, I think my youngest could just about get there, but the eldest absolutely couldn't cope with just how busy it is either.

We've been and done the tour and that was magical for both of them (and me - done it 7 times cause I love it), we tried a friendly a couple of years ago but it was still too loud and too busy.

I'm actually thinking of picking up b team tickets next time we're nearby and seeing how they do with that, or the likes of Ross County or ICT when we play them next - smaller crowds, smaller stadia, less busy, less traveling too.

Thank you.

What a wonderful thing to read and witness.

But I make no apologies for saying this.

Our club should have Players of all grades going to see our kids, every week of the year.

Just think of that wee jump in the heart and resolve that can happen?
Totally agree. But maybe they do, if so it should get the publicity it rightly deserves…

commented on this yesterday in the match thread. Great gesture.

I’m sure another player went viral for doing the same recently.

Was he the guy involved with the Ryan Jack meet and greet with the wee one who had special needs too? If so his work is fantastic and if someone else your work is also on another level well done..
Same wee lad who was a mascot and was carried onto the pitch by Alfie.

Back