The Recruitment Panel Who Picked Caixinha

Teddyjohn

Graeme Park, Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson headed up the three man ‘recruitment panel’ that first of all told us we’d be appointing a DOF before a manager, and then backtracked when they made a mess of that. Pedro should never have been considered for the job let alone given a three year contract, a £8m-£10m transfer kitty and pay his ex-club compensation. It seems now that Park was doing his mate Pedro Mendes a favour by putting his client’s name forward for the managerial position.

Robertson and Dickson should follow Pedro out the door and I hope Graeme Park either steps down from the board or he’s voted off at the AGM by sharehorders. I also hope Robertson and Dickson aren’t awarded their massive bonuses for this year after this latest mess they’ve helped create.

On paper Pedro has a brilliant CV and footballing education.

His experience of winning is lacking

I’ve been a big supported of Pedro since he arrived. But it is astonishing his name came out of nowhere(well... UAE). His CV has a decent spell in Mexico but really nothing else.

It was a strange appointment at the time, and is looking more and more like a terrible judgement by the board.

On paper Pedro has a brilliant CV and footballing education.

His experience of winning is lacking
His CV is dreadful. He switches job constantly, his club in Qatar were only 4th and his overall win % at his previous club’s was only about 40%. Santos Laguna was his grand achievement and yet he only finished the league in 8th position. He’d have made a good coach or assistant Rangers manager at the very most, but not the top job.

Graeme Park, Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson headed up the three man ‘recruitment panel’ that first of all told us we’d be appointing a DOF before a manager, and then backtracked when they made a mess of that. Pedro should never have been considered for the job let alone given a three year contract, a £8m-£10m transfer kitty and pay his ex-club compensation. It seems now that Park was doing his mate Pedro Mendes a favour by putting his client’s name forward for the managerial position.

Robertson and Dickson should follow Pedro out the door and I hope Graeme Park either steps down from the board or he’s voted off at the AGM by sharehorders. I also hope Robertson and Dickson aren’t awarded their massive bonuses for this year after this latest mess they’ve helped create.

It’s simple Robertson and Dickson should be sacked and Park removed from the operations board asap.

This is the big problem when it comes to inevitably replacing Pedro.

I've got zero confidence we have anybody on the board that has a clue about appointing a manager.

We have to hope the DOF knows what he's doing, but given that the same people appointed him and much of his background is in youth football I don't hold out much hope.

I think we will tomorrow offer him 6 months pay to leave now . My respect for him will remain intact if he accepts .

If he tries to be greedy he goes into the same box as warburton for me . A salesman .

I was always going to need a lot of convincing that someone coming from Qatar and before that Mexico was going to be the right fit for us.

Really wanted it to work out for the manager and have been a supporter of his. However if the team can't win tonight after Sunday surrender its time for the board to dig deep.

Frank De Boer is free

This is where the failure was. PC should never have been interviewed, let alone appointed. And I say that as someone who likes him and has given him a lot of benefit of doubt. To appoint him before a DOF was horrific...to then let him select players and spend decent amounts again without having appointed a DOF, leaving us open to yet another overhaul, was criminal.

Wonder if It's too early for Mikel Arteta

You'll need someone who talks the lingo

Imo this appointment has set us back years. When Pedro and Co are released it will cost us fortunes as will it cost us to get shot of pena hererra etc, all money which will be drawn from the next managers transfer budget.

At very best the appointment was a massive gamble, at worst and more realistically it was a complete dereliction of duty by the 3 man recruitment panel who must face retribution.

At a time when we needed a safe pair of hands to gain ground on them this board delivered a maverick with a bang average cv that should have seen him as a target for lower end chairmen on a vanity drive!!

I’ve been a big supported of Pedro since he arrived. But it is astonishing his name came out of nowhere(well... UAE). His CV has a decent spell in Mexico but really nothing else.

It was a strange appointment at the time, and is looking more and more like a terrible judgement by the board.

Andy Gray did an event at The Louden earlier in the season which my cousin ( who is an old acquaintance of Andy Gray) attended. Andy Gray works in Qatar. Andy Gray told my cousin that up and until the point that Pedro was appointed by us, he had not heard of him. I made this known on a thread in the old site and one responder made the point that while Gray may be based in Qatar, he does not cover the local clubs out there. While I can accept that comment I still feel that if Pedro was highly prominent in Qatar it would not have been unreasonable for somebody in Andy Gray's position to at least have a little knowledge of him. The point I am making is that our board took one massive risk in selecting a little known manager on the strength of a recommendation and a job interview. If I had been on our board I would not have done it and the board members concerned should be honest with themselves to admit they made a mistake.

The whole thing is a mess. An unmitigated shambles. We need to stop what we are doing. Get shot of PC and let's try and steady the ship. We need to get someone to the end of the season and realise that this season is all but over.
The selection process and panel will have to be made to include football people. Not businessmen.
The boards legacy will be tainted by these last two appointment.

Park should be not be near the recruitment process. I don't know the man, however I know people who do and let's just say he isn't thought of as someone who knows a lot about football. If this was the case why he was given the job, ie Parks friendship with Mendes.

The events surrounding Pedro's appointment are highly worrying and irregular.

What the %^*& were the Board playing at ???

Graeme Park, Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson should go in my opinion but it doesn't excuse the fact yet again the Board weren't unanimous in there appointment and this also happened with Warburton.

I wonder if anyone on the recruitment board had actually ever watched a Pedro Caixinha team play football.

The feel-good factor of the summer seems like an absolute age ago.

The progress game at home the way it worked out I actually had to take a week of work to be able to attend (self employed work away) genuinely made the effort to be at game as I thought it was a start of a new era - the game was a damp squib things have got worse since

I know people who are no saying they are bye with this season already and no gonna bother going anymore it’s not even Halloween yet

The feel good factor of the summer? It lasted a long weekend at best. We were pumped out of Europe at the beginning of July. Pedro will be gone by the weekend .... surely ???

The feel good factor of the summer? It lasted a long weekend at best. We were pumped out of Europe at the beginning of July. Pedro will be gone by the weekend .... surely ???

Think he has to now - no option other than this surely?

It's looking quite feasible that they were swayed by Pedro's character. He's a bold, impressionable, likeable guy and I suspect he came across very well in his interviews.

I'm gutted it's not working out. I love his passion and the way he talks about us, but unfortunately the results are making is nigh on impossible to defend him. I've never wanted a manager to succeed so much, but it looks like it's not to be. I just now hope he can leave with a bit of dignity and that the supporters respect him as a guy who tried his best, even if it wasn't good enough.

The board made a mistake, it happens a lot in football. They didn't set-out to lumber us with a dud manager. Personally, I thought it was an intruiging left-field appointment at the time. A lot of people were initially very impressed with Pedro - because he talks a great game. I haven't trusted him since the 5-1 reverse against the scum but I'm not going to demand blood because the board got it wrong. They have the club's best interests at heart and should have more than enough goodwill in the bank from the support after saving the club from fatso & co.

The progress game at home the way it worked out I actually had to take a week of work to be able to attend (self employed work away) genuinely made the effort to be at game as I thought it was a start of a new era - the game was a damp squib things have got worse since

I know people who are no saying they are bye with this season already and no gonna bother going anymore it’s not even Halloween yet
They have to keep going mate, no matter how disheartening it can be they simply have to keep providing asupport. I have 2 sons (16 and 13) who are Rangers daft like me, however, my eldest is old enough (just) to remember us winning the league and cups etc and is completely committed by following home and away. My youngest however has a different attitude ( for now) and can be quite indifferent at times to whats happening with our club. This is a worry for me, ( my youngest was there tonight and witnessed that shoite) , we're now over half a decade into Rangers mediocrity and I'm genuinely afraid that if a substantial percentage of the older generation have " had enough " , what chance our future bears?. Our support have been nothing short of magnificent these last few years and I'm hoping that will continue no matter what challenges lie ahead. I say this as i see no quick fix to ending the rattlers dominance ( hugely politically motivated ) and must recognise some people will see no reason to keep doing what they're doing . ( hope I'm wrong of course).

I'll say this. I knew nothing about him when he was mentioned and said he would not last long, i am correct.

The whole Recruitment Panel should be sacked as well.

Its a British/Scottish/Irish Management team we need, with experience.

I go with a shortlist of Michael O'Neill (Clear first choice),David Moyes,and(Curve Ball here) Gary Neville.

I'll say this. I knew nothing about him when he was mentioned and said he would not last long, i am correct.

The whole Recruitment Panel should be sacked as well.

Its a British/Scottish/Irish Management team we need, with experience.

I go with a shortlist of Michael O'Neill (Clear first choice),David Moyes,and(Curve Ball here) Gary Neville.

Gary Neville was a disaster at Valencia.

Moyes a disaster as Man Utd, Sociedad and Sunderland.

No thanks

Reactions: Mez
Realistically anyone with EPL experience will command a huge wage so you wonder if we can afford it.However we are still a big draw for players and managers so if the board could find the money and bring in a top class manager we are not beyond saving.
It has to be done quick though.

Back