The result of gross mismanagement and incompetence since summer of 2021

CraigM14

Since we won 55 in 2021 the board of directors and “football side” of the operation have overseen quite simply a fucking shambolic period of mismanagement.
Rather than collectively come to a consensus as to how to push on and exert a period of dominance over that mob, it’s fairly clear that there was serious issues behind the scenes during that summer between Gerrard and members of the board which ultimately led to his departure. Now, I’m not saying he was perfect but her certainly had us in a good place.
Factor in the director of footballs management of the squad, it’s fairly clear that we’ve basically just been a big game of football manager where hit and hope would work.
Since summer of 2021, only Callum McGregor and Greg Taylor remain in that mobs strongest 11.

Look at us. If everyone is fit, we still have Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Roofe, Jack all starting or playing key roles, as well as people like Wright and McLaughlin on the wage bill.

Now I know they have a financial advantage, but most people with any form of football knowledge know that players generally have shelf life of around 3yrs at a club, yet here we are today starting with 3 of the same back 4 that we’re starting in 2018. In reality that is a fucking disgrace.

The importance of this summer being right for both the board and the football team is absolutely essential

Since we won 55 in 2021 the board of directors and “football side” of the operation have overseen quite simply a fucking shambolic period of mismanagement.
Rather than collectively come to a consensus as to how to push on and exert a period of dominance over that mob, it’s fairly clear that there was serious issues behind the scenes during that summer between Gerrard and members of the board which ultimately led to his departure. Now, I’m not saying he was perfect but her certainly had us in a good place.
Factor in the director of footballs management of the squad, it’s fairly clear that we’ve basically just been a big game of football manager where hit and hope would work.
Since summer of 2021, only Callum McGregor and Greg Taylor remain in that mobs strongest 11.

Look at us. If everyone is fit, we still have Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Roofe, Jack all starting or playing key roles, as well as people like Wright and McLaughlin on the wage bill.

Now I know they have a financial advantage, but most people with any form of football knowledge know that players generally have shelf life of around 3yrs at a club, yet here we are today starting with 3 of the same back 4 that we’re starting in 2018. In reality that is a fucking disgrace.

The importance of this summer being right for both the board and the football team is absolutely essential
Totally agree and have said same in numerous posts today. Sadly we said the same thing end of last season and look how that turned out. I can only hope it’ll be different this summer. The board under Park has a lot to answer for.

We didn't have money to give Gerrard after 55. We'd exhausted every resource to build his team.

We didn't back Gio after he brought in the best part of about 60 million, then flung him under the bus.

We gave more resources last summer to a fraud.

We've had 2 full summers post Europa league final and we've spent 25 million on Davies, Ridvan, Matondo, Colak, Lammers, Danilo, Dessers, Cifuentes, Cantwell and Raskin.

That's without mentioning keeping failures like Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram, Jack, Wright etc

it's incompetence. We're an absolute shambles and we're closer to pre-Gerrard than the 55 team.

The amount we've spent is unreal! Nearly 7 million on both Lammers and Hagi, both out on loan! Matondo, 3 million and a massive wage, Davies similar!

We didn't have money to give Gerrard after 55. We'd exhausted every resource to build his team.

We didn't back Gio after he brought in the best part of about 60 million, then flung him under the bus.

We've had 2 full summers post Europa league final and we've spent 25 million on Davies, Ridvan, Matondo, Colak, Lammers, Danilo, Dessers, Cifuentes, Cantwell and Raskin.

That's without mentioning keeping failures like Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram, Jack, Wright etc

it's incompetence. We're an absolute shambles and we're closer to pre-Gerrard than the 55 team.
That’s the kind of question that should be put to the board at the AGM instead of the usual guff

This is my worry. That it’s not only the players and/or the manager. That it’s mismanagement from the top down.

And if it is that then it we could try hundreds of players and dozens of managers, but the result will still be the same. Because those at the top don’t understand the requirements or how to meet them.

I agree regarding not having it to give Gerrard, which is why I said that there should have been a consensus found as to how to kick on and strengthen. But instead park and Gerrard just blew up and effectively blew us up in the process

This is my worry. That it’s not only the players and/or the manager. That it’s mismanagement from the top down.

And if it is that then it we could try hundreds of players and dozens of managers, but the result will still be the same. Because those at the top don’t understand the requirements or how to meet them.
Some of them probably do, but the problem is the fragmentation of the shareholders and some associated squabbling. King, for all I am grateful to him, hasn't helped in that regard.

But then what's the alternative, a majority shareholder with complete control like the last one?

We've spent over £30m since Seville to get worse as a collective and watch the valuation of the squad plummet.

It's absolutely nuts when you think about it.
Finally found the succinct sentence I've tried to conjure up.

Would this be an appropriate time to mention that IMHO they have let the fans down again for next season by letting 2,000 odds of them back in the stadium.
Thet have played the board like a fiddle IMHO.

I'm sure it's been asked if our management would have money to spend
Just wish we hadn't wasted so much money
But listing the stats like that and actually getting a convincing response would be good. But you know they’ll just say lessons learned etc etc. let’s see - I’m more optimistic Koppen and Clement will get it done better this summer

The amount of money we've wasted is criminal. The amount of money we've wasted on players who've spent the majority of their career in the stand injured is even worse.

I don't want to even estimate what thats cost us.

We have said this every year for 10 years.

It was Gerrard’s refusal to sanction sales and then failing to qualify for the CL that meant we had no money.

Barisic, Morelos and Kamara should have been sold that summer.

I agree regarding not having it to give Gerrard, which is why I said that there should have been a consensus found as to how to kick on and strengthen. But instead park and Gerrard just blew up and effectively blew us up in the process
Definetely mate. I meant to add the lack of forward thinking from the board for that scenario in the first part.

It's pure incompetence.

Tav and jack both played in the progres defeat, that's how long we've had this pervasive mentality.

It was Gerrard’s refusal to sanction sales and then failing to qualify for the CL that meant we had no money.

Barisic, Morelos and Kamara should have been sold that summer.
I completely agree, but that for me is where the board need to be stronger.

Gerrard got his way the previous summer when Lille were in for Morelos. It was time for the board to take ownership and tell him it was needs must.

Lets be honest, that ruthlessness from the very top is why they're running away with league after league.

Put it this way I don’t think anyone could get is as bad as last summer.
As bad as some of the signings were, we also got Butland and Sterling for free. Sima on loan.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we had a worse one this time round.

Gerrard got his way the previous summer when Lille were in for Morelos. It was time for the board to take ownership and tell him it was needs must.

Lets be honest, that ruthlessness from the very top is why they're running away with league after league.
Agreed

I’m only guessing but I think SG thought he’d stay for 1 more year and move on.

So with that in mind he didn’t want to start again in positions where he had an established player. At that point the club need to step in and take a longer term view. Some of those players were at peak value and it was in the long term interests of the club to cash in.

55 season aside, the end of the 18/19 season was the only time I haven't been totally disheartened at this time of May since 2011. You could see the progress that was being made and where it would eventually take us.

Seville perhaps offered a bit of respite to the usual May blues but even that season we absolutely chucked the league away whilst they started in absolute disarray.

Celtic funded their Postecoglou rebuild by selling players for millions whilst we hung on to guys who had largely won nothing and let others with value like Morelos run their contract down. COVID seems to get used a lot as an excuse and that's fair enough, but it affected every club, not just us.

The planning, or lack of at boardroom level is a complete joke and we need to pray Nils Koppen is the man to get us proper signings in this summer.

Like you say, we feel closer to the pre-Gerrard team in so many ways. Clearly we have better players now than in 2018 but the same feeling of desperation has returned.

It's shocking what has happened we are so slow in build up technically not at it, we constantly make the same mistakes especially against them.
They look faster and have more shape about them with a lot less mistakes at the back.
However put them against any half decent European team and they are out there depth. If they make 2 or 3 decent signings with the extra money they have we are in no mans land for a long time.

This 100% mate. There should have been compromises on both side, however Gerrard clearly became scunnered enough to leave at this first offer.
What happened between Gerrard being absolutely buzzing on sky on trophy day saying how excited he was after the conversations with the board to the window opening?
The board had to be stronger with him absolutely, but not to the extent that the relationship goes down the drain after he’s just delivered our first title since 2011

this is it for me , if the shoe is on the other foot , and rodgers, or whoever was in charge of that shower ,do we really think their board would countenance not cashing in on their players at the correct time, their manager would be told this is happening so deal with it , we have seen them do this to great effect in recent times, that we had no one at the club with the balls to tell Gerrard , listen we need to get money through the door here for you to build us stronger

If we backed the manager after 55 we'd be dominating just now.

Shows you the state we are in when we are bringing on Scott Wright to save a point.

Having to play Sterling at CB as we have no other options.

Our squad is grim and we need to do a massive clear out.

Every player has a price and no player is off limits.

Hate to admit it but what was once woven into the very fabric of this football club has not only been undone since 2012 , it's never been properly replaced.

If we backed the manager after 55 we'd be dominating just now.
Yes, the filth were in a mess, shit manager, dreadful squad, and going nowhere, we decided to spend zilch, and then brought in Gio, they brought in the fat Aussie,and gave him millions, and now the roles are reversed.

Back