The Reuben brothers and Castore?

Coop1872

I've been looking at a few articles in the Chronicle Live regards the Newcastle situation - their proposed takeover and kit deal with Castore. The Reuben brothers are reported to be part of the consortium looking to takeover at Newcastle. Here is an article about the brothers.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...stle-united-takeover-reuben-brothers-13547418

"The Reuben brothers' website confirms they are billionaires with property interests in central London and also Newcastle.

The siblings, in their 80s and 70s, are rarely in the media and Simon, who is three years younger than his brother David, has given only one interview to a British publication in his entire career.

The 2019 Sunday Times Rich List put their worth at £18.664bn."

Jamie Reuben - son of the billionaire David, and nephew to Simon Reuben - has recently resigned from his role as a director on the board of Queens Park Rangers prompting further Newcastle takeover speculation, as you can see in the following article.

"Brothers David and Simon Reuben built a fortune in real estate and technology and have become one of the wealthiest families in the UK. Indeed, in May 2019 they were named as the second richest family in the UK by the Sunday Times Rich List with a net worth of £18.664 billion."

As you can see from the above quotes they are very wealthy but also very private people.

This article looks at Newcastle's proposed deal with Castore and mentions the Castore/Rangers connection.

"They (Castore) were moved to distance themselves from rumours in Glasgow that Mike Ashley was a shareholder - which would have been disastrous given his unpopularity at Rangers and an on-going replica shirt boycott. "We have investors who like to remain private. Our biggest investor is one of the wealthiest families in the UK," Tom Beahon said in May."

Is it possible the Reuben brothers are Castores' biggest investor and are behind the proposed Newcastle kit deal providing their takeover goes through?

Last edited:
I've been looking at a few articles in the Chronicle Live regards the Newcastle situation - their proposed takeover and kit deal with Castore. The Reuben brothers are reported to be part of the consortium looking to takeover at Newcastle. Here is an article about the brothers.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...stle-united-takeover-reuben-brothers-13547418

"The Reuben brothers' website confirms they are billionaires with property interests in central London and also Newcastle.

The siblings, in their 80s and 70s, are rarely in the media and Simon, who is three years younger than his brother David, has given only one interview to a British publication in his entire career.

Jamie Reuben - son of the billionaire David, and nephew to Simon Reuben - has recently resigned from his role as a director on the board of Queens Park Rangers prompting further Newcastle takeover speculation, as you can see in the following article.

"Brothers David and Simon Reuben built a fortune in real estate and technology and have become one of the wealthiest families in the UK. Indeed, in May 2019 they were named as the second richest family in the UK by the Sunday Times Rich List with a net worth of £18.664 billion."

As you can see from the above quotes they are very wealthy but also very private people.

This article looks at their proposed deal with Castore and mentions their Rangers connection.

"They were moved to distance themselves from rumours in Glasgow that Mike Ashley was a shareholder - which would have been disastrous given his unpopularity at Rangers and an on-going replica shirt boycott. "We have investors who like to remain private. Our biggest investor is one of the wealthiest families in the UK," Tom Beahon said in May."

Is it possible the Reuben brothers are Castores' biggest investor and are behind the proposed Newcastle kit deal providing their takeover goes through?
Yes.

Good bit of detective work that.
As a former financial journalist and adviser to some high net worth clients, I can say the Reubens are very secretive but have fingers in many pies.
They are renowned for keeping their noses clean and not attracting any unwanted attention.
If they are backers of Castore, that would explain a great deal.
Suddenly the Newcastle association makes much more sense and is a lot less sinister as far as Rangers are concerned.
It would also explain Rangers not calling out the Beahon’s publicly for being linked to fatty’s tat emporium!!!
it may even be the other way round that Castore will end up taking over SD!!??

This article looks at Newcastle's proposed deal with Castore and mentions the Castore/Rangers connection.

"They (Castore) were moved to distance themselves from rumours in Glasgow that Mike Ashley was a shareholder - which would have been disastrous given his unpopularity at Rangers and an on-going replica shirt boycott. "We have investors who like to remain private. Our biggest investor is one of the wealthiest families in the UK," Tom Beahon said in May."

Terrific work here mate

good spot that. it's funny these guys who are minted but keep their lifes private. the two brothers who bought ASDA last month spring to mind.

List of Castore shareholders is in the confirmation document listed here:

In terms of investors, Tom Singh and Arnaud Massenet are in the 'very well off' bracket but not in the 'richest in the country'.

There is nothing about Castore on the Reubens website (They are pretty open about a lot of their investements these days, they want to be seen as 'big players', but that's not to say they don't make small investements through Trusts etc.

One interesting link to us is they are major shareholders in Metro Bank

Sorry but how does that quote from Beahon make it any less likely that Ashley is a shareholder vs. Reubens?
Ashley isn’t a family and the Beahon’s have always described their backers as a family. A bit flimsy but the op does seem to fit.

Good work OP. Interesting reading. Much better to read thoughtful posts than the simple one line agenda driven negative stuff from some :/

Ashley isn't a Castore shareholder, I have no idea why some Rangers fans are desperate to push the narrative that he is.

Im not saying he is, I have no idea. To be honest the thought had never crossed my mind until I saw this thread.

The point of this thread seems to be to prove that Ashley isn’t involved and it’s the Reuben brothers, I just don’t see how the quote makes one any more likely than the other.

Good work OP. Interesting reading. Much better to read thoughtful posts than the simple one line agenda driven negative stuff from some :/
I am actually someone who has felt a bit uneasy with regards the Castore deal, which is why I was reading through some of these articles in the first place. I have no idea if the Reubens are involved with Castore, just putting out the information to see what others think.

Im not saying he is, I have no idea. To be honest the thought had never crossed my mind until I saw this thread.

The point of this thread seems to be to prove that Ashley isn’t involved and it’s the Reuben brothers, I just don’t see how the quote makes one any more likely than the other.
I'm not trying to prove anything, see my post above. Like I said I have been sceptical about the Castore deal for a while.

I know reubens relatively well as they backed firm I was with recently trying to buy banks. They care about real estate and hard assets so I would be surprised if they in castore although it might be throw away money to them as stake is probably just a few million at start up.

No. Its the Massenet family, Tom Singh and Robert Senior.

Last edited:

This was Jamie Reuben last week.
Some fans have started legal action against the premier league - he’s backing it. No smoke without fire?

The point if this thread is to offer a possible suggestion as to why castore are getting the Newcastle deal.

The inference is that the Castore links to Newcastle's kit deal recently are possibly from the fact the Reuben brothers could be their family backers and are looking to buy the club rather than people immediately thinking (because Castore were talking to Newcastle) that that came from an Ashley link to Castore.

Sorry but how does that quote from Beahon make it any less likely that Ashley is a shareholder vs. Reubens?
Castore’s shareholders are listed on the Companies House website mate. All, bar one, are named individuals. The other is a Jersey-based company that has been investing in Castore for the last 4 years.

The Fat C*nt has NO control, or involvement, in Castore.

Back