The Segregation Of The Away Support At Ibrox

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I watched highlights of a Rangers v Dundee Utd game from 1993 on The Rangers Archive page the other day. Great site btw for anybody that isn’t aware of the page. They have some cracking footage on there.

Anyway, I couldn’t help but notice the segregation arrangements between the two sets of fans in the Broomloan Front. Not a policeman or steward in sight and only 6 empty seats and some tape between the Rangers support and Dundee Utd's. It was also quite noticeable that there was no turning towards the opposition support and giving them pelters when anybody scored either.

When did things ramp up between teams? Not just Dundee Utd btw. The obvious answer would be that it started when we ran into problems in 2012, but that would be wide of the mark, things had changed well before that. I just found it curious that there was little or no aggro between the teams and this was at a time when the casual scene would still be going on, although not as bad as the late 80”s, but certainly still happening.

It was going on before our put down to the lower leagues but certainly has been ramped up during that period because we didn't do what they wanted us to do which was to be extinct.They hate that their plan didn't fully work out and they got the other diddy teams on board to shaft us at every opportunity,that and them getting their placemen into influential positions to do as much damage as possible to us.Make no mistake they hate us and are in shock that their plan didn't fully work out.

It was going on before our put down to the lower leagues but certainly has been ramped up during that period because we didn't do what they wanted us to do which was to be extinct.They hate that their plan didn't fully work out and they got the other diddy teams on board to shaft us at every opportunity,that and them getting their placemen into influential positions to do as much damage as possible to us.Make no mistake they hate us and are in shock that their plan didn't fully work out.

The hatred towards us is at an all time high. They know we are back, and it’s absolutely killing a lot of them.

Back