The Silence From The Board

Coplandbear

Time to step up and defend the club we are being deliberately targeted here in a calculated and sinister campaign which shows no sign of slowing down it's an all out war on Rangers and our supporters also our players and management team have been targeted too.

Various journalists, media outlets and politicians are jumping on the anti Rangers bandwagon and there hatred/propaganda is on show at every turn some of the content out there is beyond shameful it's libel and slander.

More needs to be done by the board enough is enough here.

Last edited:
Fvck sake its time the board got it in the neck now.

Do people not realise there are some active police investigations going on?

Or that the club have a mountain of shite shift through before commenting.

See I opened the thread to say something like this but, when you actually read the OP, he is talking about a wider scale and he is absolutely on the money.

They simply must call out the co-ordinated campaign against us.

Time to step up and defend the club we are being deliberately targeted here in a calculated and sinister campaign which shows no sign of slowing down it's an all out war on Rangers and our supporters.

Various journalists, media outlets and politicians are jumping on the anti Rangers bandwagon and there hatred/propaganda is on show at every turn some of the content out there is beyond shameful.

More needs to be done by the board enough is enough imo.
The board can't do anything until the prejudicial "investigation" announced by Police Scotland fizzles out as we all know it will.

Then it's gloves off.

I think the board will be saying nothing in public whilst a live police investigation is under way. I also wouldnt be surprised if things are happening behind the scenes. I am as frustrated as any other fan with the present narrative however, Im giving the board the benefit of the doubt here.
Failure to act however will result in a shit storm from the fans.

See I opened the thread to say something like this but, when you actually read the OP, he is talking about a wider scale and he is absolutely on the money.

They simply must call out the co-ordinated campaign against us.

Its takes time especially with a police investigation on the go!

There is a reason why he posts on a fans forum and not involved in a high profile business PR response.

The club, the players and the fans have been getting absolutely destroyed for 6 days now.

Politicians, journalists, bloggers & social media pricks spreading lies, getting more emboldened by the day as they face no real challenge. Attempting to discredit everything about our club, fans & history.

Nobody is defending us, not one person. The fans can’t fight back on their own, we don’t have leaders, no big voices fighting our corner.

Its an absolute annihilation of everything about us but the club have the fingers in the ear so it won’t stop.

II’m worried how far it’ll go until its too late and we’re caught sitting on our hands. They have free reign with zero real opposition.

Last edited:
They stated that they stand with Kamara after the kudela incident, so it’s time to stand up for the guy again.
me thinks lawyers will have told them not to say anything, i have no doubts the club will strike when its ready to strike.
I wish I shared your optimism.
I think a few too many of us remember last years bluster statements.

Or that the club have a mountain of shite shift through before commenting?

What do people actually want? For them to put out a statement every week saying ‘gonnae no dae that’? To spend huge sums of money we don’t have on legal battles we probably wouldn’t even win, every season?

They’re on a hiding to nothing in the republic of Scotland.

Last edited:
Again, he is talking about a wider scale which didn't just begin to happen this week.

Perhaps others need to start taking responsibility about a fight back instead of whining about the club. i.e. stand for election, get into journalism and take the fight back to them.

Everyone looking for the "headshot" statement or action from the club for every single comment is tiring.

Start logging complaints with the various organisations like the rest of us are doing.

Time to step up and defend the club we are being deliberately targeted here in a calculated and sinister campaign which shows no sign of slowing down it's an all out war on Rangers and our supporters also our players and management team have been targeted too.

Various journalists, media outlets and politicians are jumping on the anti Rangers bandwagon and there hatred/propaganda is on show at every turn some of the content out there is beyond shameful it's libel and slander.

Not the boards fault folk can't behave. I think it makes sense to let it blow over (it will) and make a statement after the Police announce their investigation is done

yLq4Z75.gif

Everything always becomes Rangers fault with some fans. They have absolutely nothing to work with after the scenes of George square and some fans have given nothing to work with ever.

Perhaps others need to start taking responsibility about a fight back instead of whining about the club. i.e. stand for election, get into journalism and take the fight back to them.

Everyone looking for the "headshot" statement or action from the club for every single comment is tiring.

Start logging complaints with the various organisations like the rest of us are doing.

Again, I still think you've missed the point of the OPs post.

I don't disagree with you and I did come into the thread with the same view as you. But he makes a valid point which is wider than what has just went on this week.

I don't really want to compare us to them but Celtic vehemently go after anyone who dares criticise them and shut everything down.

We need to be stronger and call out the bigotry and double standards we face as a club and as a support.

Yeah it is noticeable that 1872 have not said anything.
The Club need to speak, it is the Club and the support that is under a sustained, coordinated and planned attack.

If the club is cooperating with police investigations then even just commenting that this is the state of play is better than complete silence.

A measured, appropriate & legally sound response to this takes time, I personally have faith that the board are hard at work behind the scenes to draft a 'diplomatic' GIRFUY.

Again, I still think you've missed the point of the OPs post.

I don't disagree with you and I did come into the thread with the same view as you. But he makes a valid point which is wider than what has just went on this week.

I don't really want to compare us to them but Celtic vehemently go after anyone who dares criticise them and shut everything down.

We need to be stronger and call out the bigotry and double standards we face as a club and as a support.
They’re operating in a completely different environment to us. They have control of media and plenty feiends in government.

The board don't want to ruffle feathers. Think back to the Covid awards last season, the dossier, feeble stuff.

They’re operating in a completely different environment to us. They have control of media and plenty feiends in government.

Exactly. Doesn't mean we just lie down and take it. We fight back as an entire unite- club and support.

Allowing bigots to dictate the narrative by constantly leaving a vacuum through successive boards over the past 25 years isn't a successful approach.

Everything always becomes Rangers fault with some fans. They have absolutely nothing to work with after the scenes of George square and some fans have given nothing to work with ever.
They can't defend the scenes in George Square so it's hardly a surprise a compliant media in the country are going to town on us. I am not sure what people expect them to do or say in that situation to be honest.

The other stuff with politicians etc they can't do anything until the police investigation is over either. Even when they do adress it nothing will happen to the likes of Yousaff and Dornan anyway they will still keep their jobs.

Exactly. Doesn't mean we just lie down and take it. We fight back as an entire unite- club and support.

Allowing bigots to dictate the narrative by constantly leaving a vacuum through successive boards over the past 25 years isn't a successful approach.
What exactly does fighting back look like in this?
a statement pointing out the guy moaning in the press is a papal knight? This isn’t a time to fly in and make things worse.

They can't defend the scenes in George Square so it's hardly a surprise a compliant media in the country are going to town on us. I am not sure what people expect them to do or say in that situation to be honest.

The other stuff with politicians etc they can't do anything until the police investigation is over either. Even when they do adress it nothing will happen to the likes of Yousaff and Dornan anyway they will still keep their jobs.
It’s a battle that we have zero chance of winning at the moment. A statement would have absolutely no effect on anybody but would give another day of front pages allowing all the stories to be regurgitated explaining why we put out the statement. Then the statement would be ripped apart and used against us too. There is no win for us here.

Yes let’s have a go at the board now I wondered when that was going to happen. Such a pity the thugs/neds whatever you want to call them dragged our club and the huge majority of our support into the gutter on Saturday night. Played right into our enemies hands the board can’t defend their behaviour. The dubbed video and the fall out from it will be dealt with by the club’s lawyers when it is legally correct to do so.

This is coming from a top source but i know why the board are silent just now as there waiting on castore releasing a statement range before they bring out another statement

The reptile media I n this country is driving home the vile agenda in all aspects of our way of life and deliberate anti Protestant attacks

The fact that none of the players have commented has me hopeful that there is a joined up, club led, approach to this. I'm hopeful that they come out all guns blazing when the time is right.
Players, ex-players in Scotland (and overseas) Gerrard, coaches, board, fans groups, friends in the media (more ex-players), Gerrard's high-profile friends (anyone associated with Liverpool, ex-England, media), overseas media with a current interest in Rangers (Colombia, Finland, Sweden, Romania, Croatia and more), lawyers.

A coordinated counter-attack campaign to dismantle this bullshit we face down and bring international derision, ridicule and shame on Scotland and everyone complicit in the attacks, from Yousaf and the other MSPs involved in this to the deranged columnists, Twitter scumbags and the mysterious Wulliewanker. This is what we have to aim for.

Correct. Board have also said they are working with their legal advisors, so they can't realistically be firing off statements every day. Sometimes these things need to be done behind the scenes. I'm sure we'll see and hear the outcomes in due course.

I'm not sure what we can really say?

We're painted into a corner and any robust defence will bring the club into the "anti-Catholic bigotry / racism debate.

We have absolutely no political cover.

The trouble is the other mob see us through their prism of The Piggery being a symbol of Irish Catholicism /Republicanism and faux left wing nationalism.

Because of their own inherent bigotry they think that we are a symbol of everything that they are opposed to and the truth is that we're not.

Maybe we should be? Although I think that ship has sailed.

Not point going off half arsed, plus the handful of roasters on Saturday have made things more difficult
Also need to wait on plod while they search for WullieWanker

Back