The spread of goals

Craigie

Including the pre season friendlies we have already had 14 players scoring for us this season. Goals from everywhere, with the exception of the Davis/Kamara/Jack selections.

Tavernier - 6
Morelos - 6
Kent - 5
Hagi - 3
Goldson - 3
Aribo - 3
Defoe - 2
Roofe - 2
Itten - 2
Arfield - 2
Helander - 1
Jones - 1
Bassey - 1
Barišić - 1

Who would have thought we would score 9 goals in 2 tough away games with Alfredo up front yet he didn't score any of them.

Who would have thought we would score 9 goals in 2 tough away games with Alfredo up front yet he didn't score any of them.
Shared between a full back, 2 centre halves, the best player in the country and two (so far) bit part forwards.

Must be a nightmare to defend against!

Shared between a full back, 2 centre halves, the best player in the country and two (so far) bit part forwards.

Must be a nightmare to defend against!
Good to pose opposition managers & defenders lots of different questions.
Last couple of season they targeted Alfie and at times we were blunted. Thats not going to be the case this season.

Hate to make this seem negative but if Davis, Kamara and Jack were our starting midfield then there's a serious lack of goals. Luckily everyone else is chipping in but centre mids should have at least 1 between them by now. Jack apart obviously, it really showed against Hibs when the space the other two had at the edge of the box and they didn't even take a shot at it.

It wasn't a criticism of Morelos, he has absolutely played his part. Just an observation supporting the OP.
Didn't perceive any Alfie criticism DH. Just observing we are a more rounded team.
Loved his goals but enjoying his wider contribution, more goals will come from him particularly if the 'he's staying' rumours are correct.

Our main issue last season was that Alfie's form dropped and the goals dried up for us. This season we're far less reliant on him and it's great to see.

We're looking much better as a team this season, AM is still nowhere the form we know he can have but he is still contributing to the team.

We're scoring all these goal and none of our central st have got fully going yet, that's a great sign.

Great"stats",and good to see.
We have relied on ALFREDO too much over the last couple of years.

Not me for one, and Morelos played well in both these games. I thought his first half performance yesterday ws excellent, that of a mature and unselfish striker. Link up play was excellent, holding up the ball, drawing out defenders, giving an out for midfielders continually...and the list goes on.

Still I have friends who say "the thing that frustrates me about Morelos is that he comes back to midfield or goes wide, he should be in the middle..." I have now resigned myself to a shrug of the shoulders of why another explanation would be wasted. I remember, Derek Parlane used to play a similar role, out wide, coming back to pick up the ball etc. If Morelos stays another season, we may we seeing the new King of Ibrox, that last part was tough to type as DP is one of my 70s heroes.

True but he's been more involved in the build up play, linking well & working hard.
He has been.

For all the talk of him going off the boil he has probably had to try and re build his natural style of play just to stay on the park for a full game.

Ridiculous really.

Back