The stadium

What an absolute disgrace of a way to treat people. Scorching hot and couldn't even get a drink. Went town about 20 minutes and a woman was handing out cups telling you to go to the toilet and fill with water. By halt time there were none left and with only one stall open wit stupid queues folk were having to pass about used plastic cups to go to a toilet to fill up. Utter disgrace of a way to treat people. They do not give one shit though clearly.
The club need to feed this kinda Intel back to UEFA.

Or maybe we're all just happy to wait til some poor bugger collapses and dies through heat stroke or dehydration?

It a was a shite hole and UEFA are lucky they did not have major problems to be dealing with today! I was in a MyGers section and there was German fans next to us!

What an absolute disgrace of a way to treat people. Scorching hot and couldn't even get a drink. Went town about 20 minutes and a woman was handing out cups telling you to go to the toilet and fill with water. By halt time there were none left and with only one stall open wit stupid queues folk were having to pass about used plastic cups to go to a toilet to fill up. Utter disgrace of a way to treat people. They do not give one shit though clearly.
I’d like to know what Rangers will do about this.It’s shocking.

Make no mistake, this stadium got the final because Sevilla CF won so many EL titles. They were due a final hosting, apparently. They got a final in 1986(EC) and, fans wise, it has improved very little since then.

Why on earth would a stadium with no cover on 3/4 parts of the ground get a final in the month of May with soaring temperatures of 35°C?

Seen plenty heading into the female toilet for tap water in the upper cat 2 seats rangers side, until the big Spanish dyke put a stop to it and police officer Marshalled the door, 1 toilet for men in that whole area of about 8 sections and nothing to drink from at least an hour before KO.

End of the game I was worried, trying to get out and nearly lost my balance due to the pressure of people behind me.

One tumble and your looking at a major incident.

Shithole.
Absolutely. An utter disgrace that stadium hosted a European final. Backhanders clearly went down for that.

The club need to feed this kinda Intel back to UEFA.

Or maybe we're all just happy to wait til some poor bugger collapses and dies through heat stroke or dehydration?
Or falling trying to edge past a two inch wide gap on the row with no seat backs to hold onto.

Completely the wrong choice of venue. Too small, dilapidated, access arrangements abysmal and frankly the Spanish police don't know how to manage a football crowd. You can't be a host city with a unaccomdating police force.
I know there are a load of thugs n the Spanish police but I also wonder if its a problem at an organisational level because they don't have a culture of travelling fans, so they don't have the experience or the processes developed over the years for segregating and managing crowds in a proactive manner.

Not just UEFA that needs to be accountable but the Spanish FA for putting forward the stadium in the 1st place

UEFA need to look into this and ban any games in that stadium and city.

Putting the fans / team supported / rivalries aside (i.e. whether its Rangers, Frankfurt, and yes, Celtic), no fans should be treated like that.

Spanish tap water is not safe for tourists in general.

Facilities should have been available at all times (even if costs were raised and they charged €3 for a bottle of water like a concert venue).

Hampden may be shi.t for views, and the SFA may not be on my Christmas Card list, but at least people are accommodated when coming here.
I got into the stadium at 17:50 - the limited food kiosks !!!!!
Were selling bottles of juice and water for €4 which quickly run out off none left by 19:30 when I went back - they were trying to sell raw hot dogs by putting them on a hot plate for less than a minute bunging it in a roll - plenty bears refused to take them and gave them back to be cooked properly.

To top it all off these state of the art food kiosks at the top of fan seating areas were closed before, during and after the game as bear were looking for water

Back