The starting 11 the last time we were away to Cowdenbeath

That should've been a team that wiped floors where we were at the time, whether we look back at horror now or not. It was pure complacency that it didn't!

I'm pretty sure I was on route to Noel Gallagher gig trying to follow the gene on my phone, utterly utterly depressing, especially after they got a tanking the week before

That should've been a team that wiped floors where we were at the time, whether we look back at horror now or not. It was pure complacency that it didn't!

Management I reckon. Complacency or not the management was so so poor.

From Boyd, Vuckic, Miller to Kent, Defoe,Morelos.

From Clark, Hutton,Law to Arfield,Jack,Davis.

That really is a scary team to look at, Thank Goodness those dark days are over.

Was there that day, my god it was painful. Big Daly got the shout to go on & had to go bk to the dressing room cause he forgot his shin pads . Fkn joke but painful . Only plus I met DK that day

God that keeper was awful! He was about 5'9 and any well struck shot would go right through him. So bad he made us long for cammy bell to be fit!

God only knows what roles Nicky Clarke and Darren McGregor are playing in that formation - winger and full back respectively? Kyle Hutton as playmaker? I’m away for a lie down.

I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the formation to be fair.

I seem to remember Miler in midfield though?

I dread to think how much that first XI were being paid. I thought I had banished those memories. Now they're coming back... Oh goodness. Help.

Scary stuff. I think only Wallace and Miller (as they were then not now) would have a chance of first team minutes in the current squad.

Did we not have more full internationalists playing then than we've had in many of our games this season ?

surely not. That first 11 only zaliukas was playing for lithuania. Wallace Mcculloch Boyd and miller had all been capped but didnt play for years.

we now have Arfield, Morelos, Barisic, Jack, Mcauley, Lafferty, Davis, Grezda, Coulibaly, Murphy and McGregor all in the team who are current and consistent internationalists.

You don’t know who they are, really? o_O

Vuckic scored about 10 goals for us that season, McGregor was our POTY & played against us twice last month, Zaliuskas was the captain of Hearts for years.
I think I dont remember because there was hardly much to be excited about back then

Was that the game with the 3 touch direct free kick. Horror show!
Ah, the old 'roll it the side and let Boydy or big Jig blast it in to the wall, which will be about 2 yards away from the ball by the time they actually hit the shot'. We must have spent hours in training perfecting that routine.

Boyd, Miller both still playing and scoring regularly in the top league. McGregor recently reminded us he can be a threat on boxing Day. Lee Wallace playing and winning with us in the top league but a few weeks ago. Nicky Law brought to us after establishing himself as Motherwell's best player in the top flight.

One week prior to this game Hearts beat the same eleven players 10-0. Yes, ten nil.

But "Super Ally would've been a great manager for us with the proper resources, he was hamstrung blah blah pish pish"

To be fair, I think the pressure of living up to the previous season's glorious unbeaten league record just proved too much for these players. :eek:

Last edited:
One of the few games I've left earlier.

Horrendous ground and howling wind. Watching Zaliukas hit a long ball to nobody again was my cue to head to the pub.

Looking forward to a much more enjoyable visit on Friday!

Boyd, Miller both still playing and scoring regularly in the top league. McGregor recently reminded us he can be a threat on boxing Day. Lee Wallace playing and winning with us in the top league but a few weeks ago. Nicky Law brought to us after establishing himself as Motherwell's best player in the top flight.

One week prior to this game Hearts beat the same eleven players 10-0. Yes, ten nil.

But "Super Ally would've been a great manager for us with the proper resources, he was hamstrung blah blah pish pish"

Don't think mccoist was in charge that day Tom Miller said on the rangers podcast the last time we were away to Cowdenbeath was days before king took over mccoist was away by then

Awful team that should still have wiped the floor with Cowdenbeath.

The Hearts side that battered 10 past them;

Alexander, Paterson, Wilson, Ozturk, Gomis, Walker, Nicholson, King, Pallardo, Zeefuik, Eckersley.

Vuckic :D

A few of those games we sat more or less where we wanted. I miss those days, used to be easy parking right at the stadium and getting out and home quick.

dW1FJ1J.jpg

Correct. Boyd was a disgrace in his second spell at Ibrox.

No one would agree more than Boyd himself, he said he was " stinking the place out "

But let's not forget what a great player he was for Rangers, and some of the great goals he scored.

Too many on here ready to twist the knife the minute Boyd's name comes up.

Back