The Subway Loyal

After conceding the late goal at the weekend I saw some people commenting about the number of late goals we concede, perhaps it might be linked to fans leaving en-mass from the 75 minute, maybe it is having a negative impact on the players.

One way of reducing the problem might be to have it so if that people tap their smart card or scan their QR code again on their way out of the stadium they get an extra 50 MyGers points, obviously it would have to be only people who do it 5 minutes or so after the final whistle.

It would be rewarding people who stay to the final whistle for their loyalty, it would not be punishing people for leaving early.
Shut up

After conceding the late goal at the weekend I saw some people commenting about the number of late goals we concede, perhaps it might be linked to fans leaving en-mass from the 75 minute, maybe it is having a negative impact on the players.

One way of reducing the problem might be to have it so if that people tap their smart card or scan their QR code again on their way out of the stadium they get an extra 50 MyGers points, obviously it would have to be only people who do it 5 minutes or so after the final whistle.

It would be rewarding people who stay to the final whistle for their loyalty, it would not be punishing people for leaving early.
Imagine the queue to get out the stadium as everybody tries to leave at the same time delayed by scanning their smartcard or QR code again.

I have no idea why people think they should tell other fans what they can do
If you want to leave early, and there are many reasons for doing so, do it.
If you want to stay until the Final whistle, great
I was Best Man at a wedding many years ago, I went to the first half then hurried to the Church
Should I not have bothered going?

I was Best Man at a wedding many years ago, I went to the first half then hurried to the Church

It doesn't really happen at EPL clubs, or dare I say it, even celtic fans don't really do it.

It is embarrassing for the club.

You're just saying that because they all come to your pub haha.

Didn’t think it was as bad as normal on Saturday. Queues at subway at 5 almost back to the shop testament to that.

It doesn't really happen at EPL clubs, or dare I say it, even celtic fans don't really do it.

It is embarrassing for the club.
Mate. I was at the Chelsea - Arsenal game when Chelsea won 6-0 and were 4-0 up in the first half. Rather than stay to watch a great performance and the continued annihilation of a city rival, a load of fans bailed out at half time to go to the pub.

I don't get to Ibrox much but was there on Saturday. I left, or tried to leave, right on the FT whistle but it took a wee bit of time to get from my seat at the back of the club deck to outside. By the time I got round to Copland Road, the subway queue was back beyond the Masonic club and getting bigger.

I don't like to see it on telly but when you see the queue, I couldn't blame anyone for wanting to get to the front of it as quickly as they can. Each to their own.

I think we’re pretty bad mate. A simple questionnaire might help unravel the mystery.

Always find the mythical notion of a full and rousing stadium right to the 96th minute regardless of performance is the chat of people who don't actually attend games
Its just a reflection of the pish poor support UK teams offer. Decent at turning up but nothing beyond that. The culture is awful and just accepted.

Wouldn’t be tolerated at clubs such as Ajax, Dortmund etc.

Two in my row in CR1 left after 20 minutes of KO.
They weren't regulars and if I'd given my tickets to someone like that I'd be well pissed off.

Literally come all the way from Peterhead to watch games week in and week out, people that live 5 mins down the road can't wait 5 mins at the end? Crazy if you ask me, fair enough if theres a reason. But if you cant catch 'The next train' is nonsense.

It seems more people than ever leave early every week these days, i find it bizarre and a little embarrassing tbh but people can do as they please i guess.

I'm in no way defending them but the wether you leave at the final whistle or 10 mins before you bring the same amount of money to the club so they're not going to care. It's folks desperate for tickets that I feel sorry for.

I'm in no way defending them but the wether you leave at the final whistle or 10 mins before you bring the same amount of money to the club so they're not going to care. It's folks desperate for tickets that I feel sorry for.

Other than people in a situation where they can't afford it, who of course I feel for, there isn't really that much a need to ever be desperate for tickets to games to be fair, they are pretty accessible.

Yes - didn’t think it was too bad today, plenty folk stayed and cheered the team off the pitch. BUT a significant minority did leave early.

So galling for the folk who’d have bitten your hand off for a ticket but were unsuccessful.

As soon as Hertz scored there was an exodus.

It seems more people than ever leave early every week these days, i find it bizarre and a little embarrassing tbh but people can do as they please i guess.
Think I’ve only left early once and that was after unirea popped in a 4th with half an hour to go. The stadium emptied.

At the 8pm euro games it’s physically impossible for me to stay to the end as I’d miss my last train. I leave at 85 and even then I have to sprint to the queue and run to catch the train at Queen Street.

Even then I’m in after midnight

Down visiting family in Ayrshire with kids this week so I can actually stay to the end as more trains and closer

Can understand why folk go early if they have a genuine reason to. Personally not been to the last 2 home games due to work, gave my ticket away though rather than leave early, just my preference rather someone got to enjoy it than have to rush away.
I can’t understand why someone would pay £800+ a season between league, European, and cup games, just to leave early every game though. More so if it’s to beat the boozer queues, be as well taking a tablet with 5G and stream it in the pub and save yourself the money and the trip.

Robert we agree with you, there are folk out there that say stay to the very end well if your of a certain vintage in age, standing in a twenty minute queue with dodgy knees? We leave normally round about eighty five minutes, and most times outside it would be a goal for us, it’s now a bit of superstition.

Not sure about subway loyal more likely more drinking time. If the club served beer some would be there until the lights went out and think of the cash the club would make.
Cricket grounds make a fortune selling booze and it would be great if it could be done at Ibrox if done responsibly. Fans could then leave any time up to say 30 mins after the final whistle so no need to rush if not essential.

I usually stay to the end if I’m on supporters bus but on sat I got a lift and the guy likes to leave a couple mins early so we did aswell.

Got home an hour earlier than using the bus so big difference.

I’m not ashamed or embarrassed by doing it either in fact I’ve made a point of doing it every time I’m working nightshift.

?? Correct. We are part of that pish poor culture, arriving late, shouting abuse, leaving early.

Pish poor culture. Selling out season tickets know we won't get to the match for the entire year due to covid, raising millions by way of share issue, buying tens of thousands of replica kits, investing in Edminston house, subscriptions to Rangers Lotto and all the other things we've invested in the last couple of years.

I get your point on this and it's not great but in the grand scheme of things it's small potatoes if we're worrying about people leaving 15mins early.

I don't think saying our culture is piss poor is fair. We back the club to the absolute hilt.

Pish poor culture. Selling out season tickets know we won't get to the match for the entire year due to covid, raising millions by way of share issue, buying tens of thousands of replica kits, investing in Edminston house, subscriptions to Rangers Lotto and all the other things we've invested in the last couple of years.

I get your point on this and it's not great but in the grand scheme of things it's small potatoes if we're worrying about people leaving 15mins early.

I don't think saying our culture is piss poor is fair. We back the club to the absolute hilt.
I’m talking about the matchday culture of our fans, its very much ‘turning up’ as opposed to ‘supporting’.

Gerrard not used to at Liverpool.

Aye. that is bullsht

The Liverpool manager has revealed how upset he was at the sight of Anfield emptying out after Crystal Palace scored the match-winning goal in the 82nd minute.

"With 12 minutes to go I saw many people leaving the stadium," Klopp said after the game.

I've got a mate who supports Clyde but most Saturdays drinks in Partick. He uses the Subway to get home and usually gets on at Partick before half 4. At the Hearts game he was delayed by a couple of minutes and said he was surprised at how many got on at Ibrox when they must have left with at least 10 minutes to go.

Aye. that is bullsht

The Liverpool manager has revealed how upset he was at the sight of Anfield emptying out after Crystal Palace scored the match-winning goal in the 82nd minute.

"With 12 minutes to go I saw many people leaving the stadium," Klopp said after the game.
Watch a Liverpool game - or any EPL game for that matter - and leaving early is barely a thing.

Pro rata we must have one of the biggest percentages of early leavers in the UK.

It's embarassing.

Back