Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Keepers:
Robby McCrorie (26) - contract 6/2025 - Sell (£500k)
Kieran Wright (25) - contract 6/2025 - Keep
Jack Butland (31) - contract 6/2027 - KEEP
Buy new 2nd choice goalie and or promote a youth player

Defence

Adam Devine (21) – RB – contract 6/2025 - New Contact and Loan Out
Johnly Yfeko (21) - CB contract 6/2026 - Loan Out
James Tavernier (32) – RB- contract 6/2026 - Sell, only if Saudi interest is real (£6/7m) :(
Leon King (20) - CB - contract 6/2026 - Keep as 4th/5th choice
Connor Goldson (31) - CB - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£3m)
John Souttar (27) - CB - contract 6/2026 - Keep as 2nd choice/rotational RCB
Ben Davies (28) - CB - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£3m)
Ridvan Yilmaz (22) - LB - contract 6/2027 - Keep
Dujon Sterling (24) - Anywhere - contract 6/2027 - Keep as Midfielder/Back up RB
Jose Cordoba In - £3m LCB
Jefte - £500k
Ben Johnson In - Free
First Choice RCB in

Midfield

Tom Lawrence (30) - AM - contract 6/2025 - Sell (£1m)
Scott Wright (26) - LW/RW - contract 6/2025 - Sell (£500k)
Alex Lowry (20) - AM - contract 6/2025 - Keep and New Contract
Rabbi Matondo (23) – LW/RW - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£4m)
Ianis Hagi (25) - AM – contract 6/2026 - Sell (£4m)
Todd Cantwell (26) - AM – contract 6/2026 - Keep
Kieran Dowell (26) - AM - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£2m)
Nico Raskin (23) - CM – contract 6/2026 - Keep
Ross Mcausland (21) - RW - contract 6/2027 - Keep
Mohamed Diomande (22) - CM - contract ? - Keep
Bailey Rice - Promote to First Team/Loan Out
Connor Barron In - Free
David Watson In - £2m
Cortes in - Loan with option to buy
Sima In - Loan
Danny Armstrong In - £2m (Wright replacement)
Box to Box Midfielder In
Creative Number 6 Midfielder In
Winger/Striker Hybrid

Strikers

Sam Lammers (27) - ST - contract 6/2027 - Sell (£4m)
Cyriel Dessers (29) - ST contract 6/2027 - Sell (£4m)
Danilo (25) - ST - contact 6/2028 - Keep
Lawrence Shankland In - £2m
Kilechi Iheanacho In - Free

Transfer Money in - £29M
Transfer Money Out on players identified - £9.5M
Budget Remaining for positions identified - £19.5M (Starting CB, 2 x CM's, Winger/Striker & Back Up GK)

Get it done, Nils my man.
Have you put the decimal place in the wrong place for players in?!? We were talking yesterday on another thread about letting Tav and Goldson go for free, and debating whether we would pay part of the contract just to offload Lawrence, Dowell and Wright and you’ve got us making £14m on them! If we sold all the players you mention there we’d be lucky to get £8m for the lot.

Then Lawrence would be twice the amount. I guess in a game of football manager where you control all the other teams this could work.

Bair from Motherwell has been excellent tore us apart with strength , tenacity , strong running , hold up play and finished his chance well
He is also good in the air , something we lack.
God knows what deal he has with Motherwell or how much they would want , but imho he is better than Dessers and would do well for us
Are you sure about that? We played Motherwell 3 times this season, the first game he was anonymous as they ended up with 2-3 shots on target, none of which he was involved in. The second game he played 5 mins and when they beat us at Ibrox he took the goal well but was almost unmarked and had no involvement in their other goal (or decent chances). Not really tearing us apart. His game seems to be hanging around at the penalty spot, which is where he scored from. I've seen nothing to suggest he's better than Dessers.

EDIT: Just went to look and see if maybe I was missing something and turns out he played for St J for 2 seasons before Motherwell. Didn't even remember him from there and scored 1 goal in 30+ games before being released for free. Not what we need.

Last edited:
People need to remember were moving away from a "traditional" scouting set up and have went down the analytical route. We will be looking at parameters, stats, trends and if someone matches what we need we go and scout them in person.

It's the mentality side that is harder to judge but getting away from older players and bringing in younger guys with hunger is a start.
Sometimes the right older player can make all the difference. When you look at some of our most important signings - Davis, Weir, Defoe - if they have the right mentality and are available we shouldn’t discount them just because they have no sell on value. Even a Bocanegra, Berg, Hill, Balogun are examples of how a solid centre back with experience can get the best out of a back line yet we’ve not done that since pre Gerrard.

His attitude and character, resiliency are his big qualities actually. I really admire that about him.

His standard of play and the teams lack of forward confidence around him is bringing us down and having a negative effect. At times he is ridiculously bad. A striker missing big chances happens, but he so bad I genuinely believe it affects the team. His complete inability to press a defensive line, retain the ball, pass, move across defenders, create space is just not acceptable.
Agree with most of that but toxic was a poor choice of word.

Given he has done his medial ligaments, is now over 30 and is on very high wages, I reckon it will prove extremely difficult to get rid of him this summer
It’s more the statement it sends out if he is still here next season. If Saudi come in for him we should agree to waver any fee.

Do we reckon Clement will give any of Cifu, Lammers or Hagi another small chance in preseason or will they all just be gone straight away?
Hagi is the only one I could see being given an opportunity as he obviously hasn't been here under Clement however, I don't believe for a minute he's got the physicality, speed or numbers that the gaffer is looking for.

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

Diomande, Sterling, Raskin.

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)
New proven energetic game grabber CM.
New cf (shankland, Miovski)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.
Can’t disagree with anything on here.

It’s more the statement it sends out if he is still here next season. If Saudi come in for him we should agree to waver any fee.
If a club in Saudi come in for him, I don’t think a fee will be an issue.

The main issue is if a club in Saudi, or anywhere for that matter, do come in for him at all.

One things for sure, despite the understandable anger of how the season has went, we can’t and won’t be doing a mass clearout, we can’t afford to replace them all in one go with good quality

I know it's been said a lot already, but I do hope we're looking at Miovski.

Aberdeen got him for around 600k and he's scored 25 goals in 51 games for a struggling team.

Only 24 and has potential sell on value. Looks pacey, holds the ball well and a natural finisher.

I like Shankland, but as an investment, Miovski has to be the way to go. Wonder if they'd be interested in a trade involving Wright?
I can see how that would go. “He”ll cost you £6m if you want him. If we’ve got to take Wright back too then it rises to £8m!0

Kevin Nesbit at Ibrox on Tuesday night got it on good authority from someone close to him that he’ll be a Rangers player this summer, he’s been bombed out at Millwall so they are going to be easy to deal with. Big Phil likes what he sees apparently.
That should go down well on here :oops:

If a club in Saudi come in for him, I don’t think a fee will be an issue.

The main issue is if a club in Saudi, or anywhere for that matter, do come in for him at all.

One things for sure, despite the understandable anger of how the season has went, we can’t and won’t be doing a mass clearout, we can’t afford to replace them all in one go with good quality
In terms of mass clear out I will settle for just 5 - Lundstram, Tav, Goldson, Borna, Wright.

Kevin Nesbit at Ibrox on Tuesday night got it on good authority from someone close to him that he’ll be a Rangers player this summer, he’s been bombed out at Millwall so they are going to be easy to deal with. Big Phil likes what he sees apparently.
Oh aye.

Clement likes what he sees does he? What is it he's seen exactly?

Last edited:
Now that is news. Previously the talk was he was off in the summer. Looked like he was a player before the inevitable injury.
Not doubting four lads but I heard from someone who works around the youth team that we are wanting to move him on. So who knows.

Believe that when I see it

Let's be honest we probably won't sign any of the players mentioned in this thread so far. Clement and Koppen will have identified targets long before now.
I think we will see new players in the doors quickly, as soon as the transfer window opens. Clement strikes me as someone who knows what he wants in a player, hopefully Koppen can find them with our budget.

With all due respect no he isn't. I can say that very confidently so feck knows who's told you that.

sorry pal but I can’t reveal my source here, just wait and see then.
Feel free to pm me saying who and I'll pm you back telling you why I know it's a lie mate:):D

No harm done mate you can post info people tell you that's the point of the thread. 100% not happening though.

You’d need to ask the big man that yourself just passing on what I’ve heard pal, don’t shoot the messenger
A poster on here saw him in one of the lounges, but that doesn't mean hell be signing either.
TBH I know nothing about the player.

How the hell can Scott Wright still have a year to go on his contract? Needless to say he'll be here for another year because he ain't getting the money elsewhere.

See posts like this need to stop or people that do hear stuff just won't post it. Whole point in the thread. The guy who posted it may well have been incorrectly told it, doesn't mean he's telling lies. No need for that type of reply.

The only thing that needs to stop is people talking pish.

The only thing that needs to stop is people talking pish.
How do you know somebody hasn't told him that... People will get told stuff that's wrong. Can't automatically presume they're just making it up. He was at Ibrox btw that part is true. So it'll have came from that rather than just a mad lie pulled out the sky.

They obviously signed Taylor and Turnbull before that but in the last 3 years Siegrist is the only player they've signed from Scotland.

Our recruitment in that period has been poor they've had their poor year this year and got away with it.

Got away with it big time, like only they can.

Is it 14 players Rodgers has signed since his return? And in the game against us last week, none of them started. Incredible luck to have the squad he has had to fall back on.

How do you know somebody hasn't told him that... People will get told stuff that's wrong. Can't automatically presume they're just making it up. He was at Ibrox btw that part is true. So it'll have came from that rather than just a mad lie pulled out the sky.
Rumours thread, and people moan about rumours being posted. Unbelievable.

Back