Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We cannot replace very member of the squad that, for example, this board wants punted.

Some unpopular decisions (for fans) will be made about players staying in the squad.
I'd want us to move on as much as possible but realistically that's just not going to happen.

For example I'd like all of Goldson, Balogun and Davies to go with better, younger players brought in.

We will more likely have one out, one in for that position.

All the posters pushing for Armstrong, have you watched him regularly?

I work in Ayrshire alongside 4 Killie season ticket holders.

Every single one of them say he is nowhere near the level to play for Rangers regularly. Say he is very similar to Jones but with less pace.

Will play amazing one game, where he's taking on the opposition and contributing towards goals, then easily go 4 or 5 games where he does very little, makes poor decisions and heads into dead ends etc

Every single one of them say we should be signing Watson, he's their main man and will go on to much greater things.
For Armstrong look up Jordan Jones

Journalist who was talking about our interest in Cordoba a couple weeks back saying both us and Besiktas have spoken to him and it’s his decision to make now.

Also said he thinks Cordoba should choose us.
In this video he's saying the club will accept the higher offer.

The journalist says he would recommend that Jose goes to Rangers to play in the UK and compete in the CL.

The journalist says he would recommend that Jose goes to Rangers to play in the UK and compete in the CL.
Maybe thinks he can help make us champions but am i right in saying next seasons SPL champions will have to qualify for CLG ?

I'd want us to move on as much as possible but realistically that's just not going to happen.

For example I'd like all of Goldson, Balogun and Davies to go with better, younger players brought in.

I would agree that is one of the critical areas to be refreshed shall we say this summer and it might be difficult moving on the costly pair

Journalist who was talking about our interest in Cordoba a couple weeks back saying both us and Besiktas have spoken to him and it’s his decision to make now.

Also said he thinks Cordoba should choose us.
He absolutely should. Much better stepping stone than Turkey if he does well here. And we're a much more appealing club in general.

Oh and we'll actually pay his wages:D

Not confident we can outbid Besiktas with Turkish clubs attitude towards cash. Just up their offer and never pay it

I think balogun will be moved on given age and injury history and I'd be surprised if goldson isn't off. I could see us keeping Davies. Davies souttar if we're needing to keep teo. and two new ones would be my wild guess. Not sure what will happen with king.

As long as it’s the former that leaves I’ll live with the latter two.

I think balogun will be moved on given age and injury history and I'd be surprised if goldson isn't off. I could see us keeping Davies. Davies souttar if we're needing to keep teo. and two new ones would be my wild guess. Not sure what will happen with king.

Problem we have with Goldson and Davies is the money they're earning its a lot of money elsewhere plus throw in Goldsons injury how many clubs will take the gamble on him?

I would keep Souttar he's had a decent season overall and it's one for the requirements for Europe as well. King needs to go on loan and go play some football I get why he's been kept around this season (European purposes) but he's only played 90 minutes plus whatever time in the B team it's nowhere near enough.

Problem we have with Goldson and Davies is the money they're earning its a lot of money elsewhere plus throw in Goldsons injury how many clubs will take the gamble on him?

I would keep Souttar he's had a decent season overall and it's one for the requirements for Europe as well. King needs to go on loan and go play some football I get why he's been kept around this season (European purposes) but he's only played 90 minutes plus whatever time in the B team it's nowhere near enough.
Fair but if we're only keeping souttar we need another three in that case.

Yes, I believe that to be correct, that's why it was fundamental that we won the league, IMO it's also why the scum have been saving cash.
We would comfortably have the highest coefficient in the champions path, as it stands, if we win the league next season and would benefit the same way Benfica will this season from the league path and get an automatic place in the groups as long as the Champions League winner next season also qualify through their league position. Scottish champions having to qualify each year should be welcomed with open arms by us forevermore as long as we maintain our good form and results in Europe as we will go straight in but they will have to navigate two qualifiers.

I’d keep King but give him more game time. In the youth team King was a far superior player to Mayo yet Mayo would easily be getting a game of us now. He’s never going to be a Davie Weir but then neither were Bob Malcolm, Kirk Broadfoot or Marvin Andrew’s yet they were all winning players for us.

We would comfortably have the highest coefficient in the champions path, as it stands, if we win the league next season and would benefit the same way Benfica will this season from the league path and get an automatic place in the groups as long as the Champions League winner next season also qualify through their league position. Scottish champions having to qualify each year should be welcomed with open arms by us forevermore as long as we maintain our good form and results in Europe as we will go straight in but they will have to navigate two qualifiers.
This will be the last season they are in the CL until we drag the co-efficient back up to a level the league winners will go straight in. They won't be qualifying through the champions or league path. They don't have it in them.

I would keep Goldson to be honest but I know it wouldn't be a popular opinion hopefully a pre-season behind him and back motivated again. Phase him out over time with what he has left on his contract as I don't think we'll get any offers for him despite the Saudi stories.

Need at least 2 anyway Cordoba seems to be one but guess we'll see what happens with the next one.

yer my understanding is we still have a slim chance of automatic qualification if we win the league next season because of our recent past european endeavours, where as the tims need to do it the hard way

I think Armstrong's attitude is considerably better than Jones, who loved the "lifestyle" more than he cared about achieving anything in the game.
Armstrong and Jones are very similar players.

I don’t know about any of their personal lives.

But I think if we signed Armstrong he would turn out like Jones.

He looks good while playing against us and teams who play like us, leaving loads of space.

But would struggle playing against packed defences.

Maybe thinks he can help make us champions but am i right in saying next seasons SPL champions will have to qualify for CLG ?
Was there not something about us automatically qualifying for CL if we win the league next season due to our coefficient points but if the mhanks were to win the league then we both have to go through qualifying rounds?

Recent history tells us wed do better than the scum if we we had to qualify

Last edited:
Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

Diomande, Sterling, Raskin.

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)
New proven energetic game grabber CM.
New cf (shankland, Miovski)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.
If Butland ( hopefully he stays )leaves we need another goalkeeper

Kevin Nesbit at Ibrox on Tuesday night got it on good authority from someone close to him that he’ll be a Rangers player this summer, he’s been bombed out at Millwall so they are going to be easy to deal with. Big Phil likes what he sees apparently.
5 goals in 27 games , sustained a major hamstring injury keeping him out and then got fit and was removed from the squad for disciplinary issues.

If that is the extent of our ambition then the board better find someone else to take the club forward because that’s simply not good enough

Last edited:
Kevin Nesbit at Ibrox on Tuesday night got it on good authority from someone close to him that he’ll be a Rangers player this summer, he’s been bombed out at Millwall so they are going to be easy to deal with. Big Phil likes what he sees apparently.
Better with Shankland
heard that Nesbit was watching his friend that played for Dundee
Hopefully we aren't signing Nesbit

Even if we wanted him he wouldn't take it up anyway.
Why is he at Ibrox in the first place though , not the first time either he turned up during a previous transfer window didn’t he .

Anyway if there was ever interest I think it will be no more I can’t see PC wanting a poor pro ( if he is which it seems to be commonly said )

Nothing really of substance to back this feeling up, but I just sense that Clement / Koppen are not enamoured with Scottish players.

The talk that they weren't/aren't interested in Shankland, the lack of (solid) rumours or links about Miller/Watson/Barron. I think they have more of an eye on overseas markets.

I'd like us to sign domestic players, but I don't forsee it much.

Back