Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I know it’s not a suggestion thread, but was looking at some out of contract players, one which Nils Koppen might look at is Dani De Wit
26 years old 31 appearances with 10 goals this season. Plays central mid or attacking Midfield. Looks physical and hard worker.
I was digging about at his profile and skills reel in December , not sure about him but he has a profile that would have you examine him I do agree .
No pace .

Yes in his first season, considerably better.

There’s a lot more upside to developing McCausland as a squad player than spending money on Armstrong to be a squad player.

Unless you think he’s good enough to be a starter at Ibrox?
I don't think either of them are.

Just curious about what makes you think Ross has had a "considerably better" season than Armstrong.

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

Diomande, Sterling, Raskin.

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)
New proven energetic game grabber CM.
New cf (shankland, Miovski)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.
That would be a terrific squad to finish 3rd.

Kevin Nesbit at Ibrox on Tuesday night got it on good authority from someone close to him that he’ll be a Rangers player this summer, he’s been bombed out at Millwall so they are going to be easy to deal with. Big Phil likes what he sees apparently.

Making our manager sound like a guy in an 80's movie reacting to women sunbathing does nothing to help the credibility of this rumour.

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.
giphy.gif

Was mentioned on radio Scotland sport tonight how good player he is
Played in Belgium Union SG
Wonder how much
I’m glad to see you mention USG. On a separate note (but appropriate to raise in this thread), USG’s player trading model is yet another example of data-driven decision making in football working. Unsurprisingly Tony Bloom is a minority shareholder in USG. I really, really hope Koppen subscribes to these football analytics platforms.

“What they (USG) are achieving relative to their budget is ridiculous, really ridiculous. They have a very high utilisation and the money they are spending on their recruitment is also having a huge impact on a per-pound basis. I find Brighton very similar - every pound you give Brighton is like giving two pounds to everyone else.”

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

It's a transfer thread tradition that someone posts a starting team with 12 players!

I don't think either of them are.

Just curious about what makes you think Ross has had a "considerably better" season than Armstrong.
IMO, Armstrong would offer us much more than McCausland does. But that doesn't mean we should sign him, we need much better.

Cant believe people are comparing Jones to Armstrong. All jones was is pace, exact type of player OHallaron was.

Armstrong has pace, has a trick to beat his man (Jones didnt) has a great delivery left foot and right foot from open play and set pieces (jones didnt). He created the most chance in the league this season.

Cant just compare them because they both played got Killie.

People are wanting a complete rebuild but wanting every player to cost about £5m each. When are people going to realise this isnt ever going to happen. We also need scottish players in squad for europe.

The folk that dont want Armstrong will be the people who are happy to spend £7m on Sima even tho he except his goal return he doesnt do much, struggles to control the ball at times and not very often beats his man when faced up against him. Or the folk that still dont think we miss Kent, a player who can pick a ball up anywhere on the pitch and drive Us into the last 3rd. Forget about his goals and assists, we have missed him big time this season, and the folk that say he downed tool his final season, have a watch back and you can see him putting a shift in every week even playing when injured.

Or the folk that still dont think we miss Kent, a player who can pick a ball up anywhere on the pitch and drive Us into the last 3rd. Forget about his goals and assists, we have missed him big time this season, and the folk that say he downed tool his final season, have a watch back and you can see him putting a shift in every week even playing when injured.
Forget about his goals and assists?

Missed him big time?

Put in a shift every week?

If Kent had stayed he would have coasted around like last season, scored 3 or 4 goals and we would still have finished second.

Screwball on Clyde SSB claiming to be a rangers fan thinks we don’t need rebuild and we should sell J ack Butland for £7m and buy the Killie goalie and Danny Armstrong!!!

%^*& off Timothy
Heard that and another from other side wants to know where money coming from to rebuild our team

I know it’s not a suggestion thread, but was looking at some out of contract players, one which Nils Koppen might look at is Dani De Wit
26 years old 31 appearances with 10 goals this season. Plays central mid or attacking Midfield. Looks physical and hard worker.
Good to see you mate, we all set for another few months of mayhem?

Why is he at Ibrox in the first place though , not the first time either he turned up during a previous transfer window didn’t he .

Anyway if there was ever interest I think it will be no more I can’t see PC wanting a poor pro ( if he is which it seems to be commonly said )
Won't be happening mate happy to be bookmarked:D

Brighton also sold Andi Zeqiri a left footed striker to Genk last summer who looked like he might have something we don’t at striker which is directness and speed . A little like Miovski maybe ?

Anyway it looks like he hasn’t managed to settle in Genk here are his numbers

Last edited:
I’m glad to see you mention USG. On a separate note (but appropriate to raise in this thread), USG’s player trading model is yet another example of data-driven decision making in football working. Unsurprisingly Tony Bloom is a minority shareholder in USG. I really, really hope Koppen subscribes to these football analytics platforms.

“What they (USG) are achieving relative to their budget is ridiculous, really ridiculous. They have a very high utilisation and the money they are spending on their recruitment is also having a huge impact on a per-pound basis. I find Brighton very similar - every pound you give Brighton is like giving two pounds to everyone else.”

Thanks
I didn't realize that

Cant believe people are comparing Jones to Armstrong. All jones was is pace, exact type of player OHallaron was.

Armstrong has pace, has a trick to beat his man (Jones didnt) has a great delivery left foot and right foot from open play and set pieces (jones didnt). He created the most chance in the league this season.

Cant just compare them because they both played got Killie.

People are wanting a complete rebuild but wanting every player to cost about £5m each. When are people going to realise this isnt ever going to happen. We also need scottish players in squad for europe.

The folk that dont want Armstrong will be the people who are happy to spend £7m on Sima even tho he except his goal return he doesnt do much, struggles to control the ball at times and not very often beats his man when faced up against him. Or the folk that still dont think we miss Kent, a player who can pick a ball up anywhere on the pitch and drive Us into the last 3rd. Forget about his goals and assists, we have missed him big time this season, and the folk that say he downed tool his final season, have a watch back and you can see him putting a shift in every week even playing when injured.

Why would you not wanting to be sign Sima when it's the exact profile we should be looking at? Young with plenty of potential to move on again for good money. He's scored 16 goals for us this season and been a huge miss when he's been out given his pace and strength that he brings to the front line.

Why would you not wanting to be sign Sima when it's the exact profile we should be looking at? Young with plenty of potential to move on again for good money. He's scored 16 goals for us this season and been a huge miss when he's been out given his pace and strength that he brings to the front line.
It’s that whole being out injured that’s burned me out mate and with the money he would cost

At £7m not a chance i would sign him.

At a decent price maybe, but he isnt a £7m player, and we wouldnt be making a profit on him in a couple of years if we paid that. Plus where is all this money coming from?

It’s that whole being out injured that’s burned me out mate and with the money he would cost

The one after AFCON was annoying. Guess it comes down to cost he only has 12 months to go so be interesting to see what they want for him but we should be making that permanent.

700 posts already….

Wonder if we will look at Harry Souttar? There were rumours of us being interested in a loan, and he seems out of favour at Leicester

At a decent price maybe, but he isnt a £7m player, and we wouldnt be making a profit on him in a couple of years if we paid that. Plus where is all this money coming from?
Wolves paid €40 million for Silva

If we sign Sima and he continues to improve, as he should with this management team, then we could easily triple our money!

I don’t think us on a forum can really dictate what a player can be valued at, some of us are still living in the early 90s when it comes to transfer fees.

£7m is peanuts, that’s what Brighton paid for him based on his age and great form in a league comparable to ours - he quite literally is a £7m player.

He’s only 22, so I think we could definitely make a profit as well. If you don’t think he’s worth £7m, then that’s fair enough but Sima’s proven he can score goals with us.

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure I’d pay that for Sima either due to his technical limitations but he’s quite clearly an effective player with his physical attributes and goal scoring ability from a wide position.

However, that’s less of a gamble than players we may try to get cheaper.

He has 12 months left on his contract with them so who knows how much Brighton will want for him. He's 23 in June the exact sort of profile we should be recruiting and looking to move on in a year or 2. The money will come from player sales so about using the resources right.

Do you think Danny Armstrong improves the Rangers 11 or is it a squad improvement signing? Is he a better player than Sima?

Have you put the decimal place in the wrong place for players in?!? We were talking yesterday on another thread about letting Tav and Goldson go for free, and debating whether we would pay part of the contract just to offload Lawrence, Dowell and Wright and you’ve got us making £14m on them! If we sold all the players you mention there we’d be lucky to get £8m for the lot.

Then Lawrence would be twice the amount. I guess in a game of football manager where you control all the other teams this could work.
I would suggest that you, and anyone else who was discussing letting our Captain & Vice Captain, who both have 2 years + left on their contract, leave for free, should immediately hand over control of all your finances to your next of kin.

The fact that you have tried to act smug & dismiss my valuations and come out with that nonsense in the same post is hilarious.

Not a rumour just speculation but i wonder if the name Eder Balanta will come up at any point in the summer. Can play as a 6 or in the middle of defence, joined Brugge the same season as Clement did and he has played far less for them since Clement left for Monaco, including going to Schalke on loan in January last season.

Out of contract at the end of the season and a proper six with Belgian title and Champions League experience is something this squad is missing and could do with.

Ben Davies (28) - CB - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£3m)
Midfield

Tom Lawrence (30) - AM - contract 6/2025 - Sell (£1m)

Rabbi Matondo (23) – LW/RW - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£4m)
Kieran Dowell (26) - AM - contract 6/2026 - Sell (£2m)

Strikers

Sam Lammers (27) - ST - contract 6/2027 - Sell (£4m)
Cyriel Dessers (29) - ST contract 6/2027 - Sell (£4m)
Davies £3m he's barely played this season. He's on a good wage. We'll be lucky to shift him for anything near that

Matondo who can't stay fit & is on 26k a week.

Dowell? Injury prone before we signed him & he's barely been fit up here. Why would someone buy him for £2m. He's another one who'll see his contact out with us. A bizarre signing & giving him a 3 year deal was madness.

Lawrence has been here two seasons & has been mostly injured. Thankfully he's only got 1 year left on his deal. Another one we've given a big wage to.

I think you're going to be disappointed

He has 12 months left on his contract with them so who knows how much Brighton will want for him. He's 23 in June the exact sort of profile we should be recruiting and looking to move on in a year or 2. The money will come from player sales so about using the resources right.

Do you think Danny Armstrong improves the Rangers 11 or is it a squad improvement signing? Is he a better player than Sima?
If there’s a way to do the deal for Sima we absolutely should. Young, fast, powerful, scores goals. Exactly what we need.

Davies £3m he's barely played this season. He's on a good wage. We'll be lucky to shift him for anything near that

Matondo who can't stay fit & is on 26k a week.

Dowell? Injury prone before we signed him & he's barely been fit up here. Why would someone buy him for £2m. He's another one who'll see his contact out with us. A bizarre signing & giving him a 3 year deal was madness.

Lawrence has been here two seasons & has been mostly injured. Thankfully he's only got 1 year left on his deal. Another one we've given a big wage to.

I think you're going to be disappointed
I think the first two will be hard to shift but we definitely need to move the latter two on. Maybe not top dollar but off the payroll.

Back