Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We have to be. Roofe needs replaced and we can't gamble on Danilo coming back to full fitness. We've been in that movie too many times.
We need 4 minimum. Remains to be seen if Lammers is to be one of them. I doubt it though

Tin hat on but I’d give him a pre season and let him play as the 9.

Going back to last pre season he looked the best of Beale’s signings IMO.

Could be worth another chance im his favoured position, otherwise sell him for the rebuild funds.

Mental that we’ve revamped the recruitment department, brought in Clement + Koppen and ended up signing Kenny McLean (no harm to him since I know he’s one of us).
Get your point, but it would be negligent of them not to have a look at Scottish players or players familiar with our league.

I’m not saying that in a sense I want to sign Kenny McLean or the likes, but merely pointing out why I don’t think it would be that far fetched for them to sign or review some local players.

Tin hat on but I’d give him a pre season and let him play as the 9.

Going back to last pre season he looked the best of Beale’s signings IMO.

Could be worth another chance im his favoured position, otherwise sell him for the rebuild funds.
I think if Danilos fitness wasn't such a gamble he probably would be given a chance as one of the 4 strikers, as it is though I think we sell if there is interest

Get your point, but it would be negligent of them not to have a look at Scottish players or players familiar with our league.

I’m not saying that in a sense I want to sign Kenny McLean or the likes, but merely pointing out why I don’t think it would be that far fetched for them to sign some local players.

I appreciate this will be the theme of the Summer but I think it’s more about quality than nationality or knowing a League.

We lack athleticism, physicality and directness.

Maybe there’s a place for the likes of KM in this. It would run counter, though, to Clement’s initial thoughts on the squad.

I think if Danilos fitness wasn't such a gamble he probably would be given a chance as one of the 4 strikers, as it is though I think we sell if there is interest

Absolutely mate! His stock might never be higher after a solid loan period in the Netherlands.

We should make our money back and some more IMO.

Kenny McLean is 32, has another two years on his deal and Norwich have a year's option on top of that. He'll cost money.

I like him as a player but no chance should we be forking out money for a guy of that age and profile.

Agreed!

Goes against everything we want our “trading model” to be.

Not sure if your jesting mate but if your ITK and that’s the level we’re going for. I’ll be binning the ST.

If he signs give me a shout, my cousin is looking for a ST.

Just moved back to the country and doesn’t have any MyGers points of note so a name change would be handy for him.

Would be happy if all our signings this summer are in their early 20s in the same mould of the likes of Cortes and Diomande. We need young, quick, athletic players all over the pitch. The only exception I would make is for Shankland. And before anyone says it, I'm sure that there are better strikers out there however I do not trust us to find them. Go and get the guy that's right on our doorstep, is in the last year of his contract and is a Rangers fan. Sometimes is the most obvious signing is the right signing.

Last edited:
Seen on rangers rumours (I know) someone put up tonight a South American striker doing a medical

Wolves interested in Fluminense winger Jhon Arias, who is also wanted by Atletico Madrid

Yesterday, Colombian outlet Canal RCN, listed Wolves as one of the clubs interested in Fluminense forward Jhon Arias, who is a wanted man ahead of the transfer window.

The report details that alongside the Old Gold are Premier League sides West Ham, Crystal Palace and Burnley, with Rangers also mentioned as an interested party.

Hence why I said “What we want it to be”
Yeah, but we’ve been wanting it to be that way for years apparently and look what we’ve ended up with.

Here’s hoping the new Head of Football Recruitment actually succeeds in implementing it, finally.

Kenny McLean is 32, has another two years on his deal and Norwich have a year's option on top of that. He'll cost money.

I like him as a player but no chance should we be forking out money for a guy of that age and profile.
Also their captain I think

Are you suggesting a first decent showing no more on Tuesday wipes out way too many piss poor performances. And it's saw not seen. Presbyterian education helps in a debate old chap.
The irony of you, I haven’t suggested nothing old chap. I have told you he will improve.

New director of scouting from PSV and this thread is full of the same shit players we've been linked to for years.

Hopefully people are at it.
Of course they are. No one has a clue who we are in for. It’s just the same regurgitated shite every transfer window thread.

I keep coming back for more though. This must be what crack cocaine feels like..

Re jhon arias that seems pie in the sky he will be on the verge of 27 by the time the window closes and has a long term contract .

Batshuayi I feel may appeal to the manager but it would be dependent on clearing pretty much our three expensive front line salaries and I would think we would be hoping to get two strikers so him and another could be plausible .

One to watch I would say

Judging solely from the players we signed in January and their profile. I cant see us signing Kenny McLean. I reckon young, energetic and athletic will be the player profile of the typical summer signing, and lets be honest, it needs to be. Theres not a whole lot of resale value in the current squad and the ones we could make good money on are young (Butland aside).

I spent a bit of time at the weekend, watching the highlights of Clements team in Belgium. He seemed to be the midfielder that gave his team the balance & aggression. He’s 31 but we are gonna need some players with good experience. Can’t all be 19-23 with potential.
Something to look at right enough . Colombian. Tall and apparently pretty strong and a lefty . Not a scorer of goals .

This makes him sound more like a good defender than MF . Probably a battler type and low’ish salary .

Not a lot of obvious quality in the clips I see but who knows how we will wheel and deal with the budget challenges we face during this rebuild

This one gives you a better idea of his player type I would think. A winner of duels and pretty quick def feels like he is a battler type and decent passer if not fdb standard .

Last edited:
He wouldn’t get a sniff in the Celtic midfield

He’d command at least 20k a week

He’s in his 30’s with no sell on value

Why oh why would anyone believe that’s the type of player we need?
Is he not the type ? I think you could be wrong on that not that I am claiming it should be him in particular given the reasons others have offered re expected costs .

Last edited:
Back