Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

He wouldn’t get a sniff in the Celtic midfield

He’d command at least 20k a week

He’s in his 30’s with no sell on value

Why oh why would anyone believe that’s the type of player we need?
Given we are looking at big numbers being turned around in the summer not everyone who comes in will be with a mind to sell on.

That's not to say that Kenny McLean is a target (or not).

Why would you not wanting to be sign Sima when it's the exact profile we should be looking at? Young with plenty of potential to move on again for good money. He's scored 16 goals for us this season and been a huge miss when he's been out given his pace and strength that he brings to the front line.
Could not agree more. I’d much rather spend the money on Sima, one of 3 players who regularly scored for us this season, has a lot of potential, wouldn’t need time to bed in, settle or adjust, is 22 years of age and scored 16 goals in 38 appearances over 26 year old Daniel Armstrong who would need time to settle in, has limited ability, would at best be a squad player, take game time away from our own youth in McAusland, and has managed 9 goals in 45 appearances this season. Maybe that’s just me though

Something to look at right enough . Colombian. Tall and apparently pretty strong and a lefty . Not a scorer of goals .

This makes him sound more like a good defender than MF . Probably a battler type and low’ish salary .

Not a lot of obvious quality in the clips I see but who knows how we will wheel and deal with the budget challenges we face during this rebuild

This one gives you a better idea of his player type I would think. A winner of duels and pretty quick def feels like he is a battler type and decent passer if not fdb standard .

Fm 2016 legend

I forgot how much I missed this thread

Links to Kenny McLean and Nisbet plus endless chat about the home grown quota.
Seems like we have been caught in a time warp with some of the madness!

I’d like to think the former chief scout at PSV, who is now our head of recruitment, would be looking a tad further afield than Kenny McClean and Kevin bloody Nisbet.

Ive no idea where he lives mate. Was just part of a post of things id heard with the disclaimer that ive no clue if its true. Either he meant it was his house or its a lot of shite. Ive honestly no idea.

The Jack giving nothing away and Shankland being settled in bothwell is the only thing i can say is accurate.
And neither of those pieces of information are relevant to a transfer rumour thread.

1. I could also come on here and say Ryan Jack hasn't told me where he'll be playing next season. Everyone could.

2. You've told us that Shankland lives in Bothwell, as if that's somehow related to transfer rumours. If Lawrence Shankland lived in Outer Botswana, he would still up roots and move house if he was offered £500 a week more than what he earns right now. Where he currently lives means nothing in relation to his next career move.

Let's be honest, you also knew those bits of information weren't related to transfer rumours in any way. You just want to try and give the impression you're some sort of "high roller" because you occasionally see or speak to some footballers. That's why you desperately tried to paint these interactions as being related to transfer activity, when they're not at all.

IMO it's pretty low to have conversations with Rangers players, under the pretence of general chit-chat at the school gates, then come on here to reveal details of the conversation and identity of the player, just for likes.

You're not special because you occasionally bump into a footballer in your daily life, lots of people do. Most of them however, are mature enough not to go online and broadcast it in a desperate attempt to claim some sort of kudos.

Kenny McLean as the poster boy for the progressive transfer model. Gotta love the tosh on here, keeps me entertained. I do love this thread though for the odd ITK nugget.

I also particularly enjoy the outrage from some posters about things that have never and likely never will happen.

'Nisbet? If that's the best Koppen can do I'm burning my season ticket!!!'

Forget about his goals and assists?

Missed him big time?

Put in a shift every week?

If Kent had stayed he would have coasted around like last season, scored 3 or 4 goals and we would still have finished second.

Whilst I get he didn’t do well for most of his final season. He would absolutely have been more useful that Silva at left forward!

As much as id love John Kennedy the Brazilian wonderkid we are more likely to sign John Kennedy the bravest man in Scottish football from the puddle drinkers, he fits the bill for our treatment table after all :D

And neither of those pieces of information are relevant to a transfer rumour thread.

1. I could also come on here and say Ryan Jack hasn't told me where he'll be playing next season. Everyone could.

2. You've told us that Shankland lives in Bothwell, as if that's somehow related to transfer rumours. If Lawrence Shankland lived in Outer Botswana, he would still up roots and move house if he was offered £500 a week more than what he earns right now. Where he currently lives means nothing in relation to his next career move.

Let's be honest, you also knew those bits of information weren't related to transfer rumours in any way. You just want to try and give the impression you're some sort of "high roller" because you occasionally see or speak to some footballers. That's why you desperately tried to paint these interactions as being related to transfer activity, when they're not at all.

IMO it's pretty low to have conversations with Rangers players, under the pretence of general chit-chat at the school gates, then come on here to reveal details of the conversation and identity of the player, just for likes.

You're not special because you occasionally bump into a footballer in your daily life, lots of people do. Most of them however, are mature enough not to go online and broadcast it in a desperate attempt to claim some sort of kudos.
Strangely aggressive post. I know neither mean anything, they were just add ons to the rumour about the estate agent that my friend told me. While i do find out some things at times from the people i know, i made it clear neither meant anything in my post. I dont even want to sign shankland, nor was i speaking to him. I simply said that he has settled in bothwell and put his kids in the school nursery which would maybe mean that he would be more inclined to sign for us than take more money in the championship etc. As i say, i dont actually want us to sign him.

As for the latter bits of your post, I care not for ‘likes’ on a football forum. The transfer rumours thread was posted and so flippantly added on that information as part of a post about cantwell or butland. I neither think im ‘special’ or a high roller, I am a depute head teacher, not a ceo of a fortune 500 company.

And, as for talking to ryan jack, I hardly think me saying ‘he gave nothing away’ is betraying his confidence, nor would he care.

Every poster on here who gets inside info at any point and posts it has to have gotten it from somewhere, otherwise there wouldn’t be a rumour thread and it would instead be called a ‘Transfer Announcement Thread’. If it bothers you that its me that posts something, perhaps relieve your stress by placing me on ignore and that way you dont have to know anything that may cause you the stress that the previous post seems to.

Have a good day

Would Kenny Mclean not just be another Tom Lawrence?
There are a couple of things McLean would bring to the table.

He played over 50 games this season, so he is robust (may change with age).

He is very experienced and we are all hoping to get rid of our experienced players in the summer.

He is homegrown.

He'd be ideal to mentor someone like Lennon Miller if we could sign him. They could really share the position with both getting about 30-40 appeances.

It wouldn't be a crazy signing like Nesbit.

Strangely aggressive post. I know neither mean anything, they were just add ons to the rumour about the estate agent that my friend told me. While i do find out some things at times from the people i know, i made it clear neither meant anything in my post. I dont even want to sign shankland, nor was i speaking to him. I simply said that he has settled in bothwell and put his kids in the school nursery which would maybe mean that he would be more inclined to sign for us than take more money in the championship etc. As i say, i dont actually want us to sign him.

As for the latter bits of your post, I care not for ‘likes’ on a football forum. The transfer rumours thread was posted and so flippantly added on that information as part of a post about cantwell or butland. I neither think im ‘special’ or a high roller, I am a depute head teacher, not a ceo of a fortune 500 company.

And, as for talking to ryan jack, I hardly think me saying ‘he gave nothing away’ is betraying his confidence, nor would he care.

Every poster on here who gets inside info at any point and posts it has to have gotten it from somewhere, otherwise there wouldn’t be a rumour thread and it would instead be called a ‘Transfer Announcement Thread’. If it bothers you that its me that posts something, perhaps relieve your stress by placing me on ignore and that way you dont have to know anything that may cause you the stress that the previous post seems to.

Have a good day
I'll wait for his response to the multiple posts of people suggesting players that we should sign, that aren't relevant to a thread on transfer rumours.

I forgot how much I missed this thread

Links to Kenny McLean and Nisbet plus endless chat about the home grown quota.
Mon at least those two names are different I’m just waiting for the dreaded link to McBurnie :))
Love this thread it’s constantly mad with posters getting angry with each other over something we have no control over.

As much as id love John Kennedy the Brazilian wonderkid we are more likely to sign John Kennedy the bravest man in Scottish football from the puddle drinkers, he fits the bill for our treatment table after all :D
I'm not so sure. He is obviously a good player, but his scoring record might put off the bigger clubs like Benfica.

I think it's fair to say he wants a move to Europe, so we might be in a good position to give him a stepping stone to the EPL.

There are probably other clubs in Portugal and Spain looking at him. That move would probably be better for him, but I'm not 100% convinced it's impossible.

Have a good day
Poor attempt at trying to discredit my post by making baseless claims about me being aggressive and stressed.

I'm not interested in a back and forth with you. I've tried to show you how you come across when you needlessly namedrop Rangers players and the private conversations you have with them - what you do with that insight is up to you.

He is very experienced and we are all hoping to get rid of our experienced players in the summer.

He is homegrown.

He'd be ideal to mentor someone like Lennon Miller if we could sign him. They could really share the position with both getting about 30-40 appeances.

He was also Norwich Player of the year. Clement said he will be adding a bit of experience, plus we could potentially lose most of our midfield this summer so a player of his type with some young project types might not be the worst idea.

He is homegrown.

He played well last night. I remember him more clearly up here for his time at St Mirren than Aberdeen, yet he was 23 when he left Paisley. Time flies, he doesn’t seem that old in my mind.

Get your point, but it would be negligent of them not to have a look at Scottish players or players familiar with our league.

I’m not saying that in a sense I want to sign Kenny McLean or the likes, but merely pointing out why I don’t think it would be that far fetched for them to sign or review some local players.
The manager said a few months back he would look at Scottish make up bearing in mind the European requirements ,also about bringing thro' youth players. I would expect a couple of Scottish signings and a few of the B Team players to be part of the squad next season . However the main recruitment will I suspect come from abroad and of an age where we can sell on.

Poor attempt at trying to discredit my post by making baseless claims about me being aggressive and stressed.

I'm not interested in a back and forth with you. I've tried to show you how you come across when you needlessly namedrop Rangers players and the private conversations you have with them - what you do with that insight is up to you.
You discredited your own post by jumping on something that was nothing, not reading the original post which was in fact transfer rumours and then launching a strange attack about allegations of why I post information I get, as rare as that is, on a rumour thread. As ive said, stick me on ignore mate then you wont have to be worried.

Zeb Jacobs has left. He was the academy director. Don't know the ins and outs of why he was leaving if it was just too good a job to turn down etc but alarm bells ring a bit when someone leaves a job after such a short time.
Don’t think any tears were shed at his departure.

He overseen a shambolic year at various points in the academy. The B team farce being the main one.

I'm not so sure. He is obviously a good player, but his scoring record might put off the bigger clubs like Benfica.

I think it's fair to say he wants a move to Europe, so we might be in a good position to give him a stepping stone to the EPL.

There are probably other clubs in Portugal and Spain looking at him. That move would probably be better for him, but I'm not 100% convinced it's impossible.
Definitely not Impossible mate na and we can offer the guy more first team football than a benfica can at this point id imagine. I suspect it would take a large chunk of our budget to land him though.

Fingers crossed

Wouldnt be against signing McLean, has loads of experience, knows the Scottish game and knows the club. Isnt that what we are wanting?

Same age as Ryan Jack too who will likely leave.

32 isnt old now in terms of players IMO, the conditioning and training have moved on now and I feel players can play on a little extra now.

In no way the same scenario but you have Modric at 38 and Kroos at 34 still playing at the top level.

He played well last night. I remember him more clearly up here for his time at St Mirren than Aberdeen, yet he was 23 when he left Paisley. Time flies, he doesn’t seem that old in my mind.

You can’t think he played well last night surely? They got pumped 4 going on 8.

Kamara was very good and archie gray/summerville are tremendous.

I don’t think Kenny McLean has the legs to play midfield for us, would like a lot more pace and power in there. He’s a Lawrence/Dowell level player

Harsh mate :eek::)):))

Not every player should fall into the player trading model. Benfica are the best around at it & still have Otamendi, Di Maria.

Our squad lacks experience & leadership up its spine, especially if (or when Lundstram) goes. We don't need to replace our current leaders IMO, but we do need more leaders in the squad in general.

Howling at this. Absolutely relentless.

Back