Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 apps all season, obviously Leicester will want rid

Looked good for Australia in the world cup but not hardly played since

Is he good enough?
Watched him 3 times at Ross County earlier in his career. Very composed footballer that stood out in a very poor team.

Not just physical although he is very strong, but a good passer of the ball.

There are a couple of things McLean would bring to the table.

He played over 50 games this season, so he is robust (may change with age).

He is very experienced and we are all hoping to get rid of our experienced players in the summer.

He is homegrown.

He'd be ideal to mentor someone like Lennon Miller if we could sign him. They could really share the position with both getting about 30-40 appeances.

It wouldn't be a crazy signing like Nesbit.
He was also anonymous in the Leeds game and looked to struggle with the pace. Hopefully Clement etc have been looking at some players with pace and power instead of a plodder.

I mean, thats the kind of post I’d expect to see across the city where they actually do focus on the player trading model slightly too much.

About 10% of the signings we make fall into the ‘player trading model’ and it should be about 60/70% this summer.
I’d say our signings for ‘player trading’ is closer to 0%.

If a player is poor, we hold onto them in the forlorn hope they will at some point give us something useful, and if they are half decent we are too scared to sell them and hold them until they walk out the door for nothing (Kent, Morelos) or age and injuries whittle their value down to zero and we are stuck with them (Roofe, Goldson, Barisic).

Last edited:
Thats a decent appointment by us. Didnt even hear about this last month, just read it on Ibrox noise there when searching.
I'm guessing this was a Koppen appointment. I know it's been a disappointing season the way it looks like finishing especially if we do t win the cup, but I am excited to see the players we bring I under this new leadership and model. Certainly doubt its going to be the usual championship ooc players.

Jeezo, a lot of snidey digs at each other already on this thread.
giphy.gif

How is this thread almost on 1k posts already!

About 400 posts are from people talking about how big the thread is already.

200 more are from people crying about the quality of player mentioned in the 150 unsubstantiated rumour posts.

100 are from @Boab4 wanting folk banned and correcting spelling mistakes.

And only about 200 are actually sensible discussion about transfers:))

Get a proper spine in the team,top class centre half,centre midfielder and centre forward,no projects but tried and tested even if it takes most of the transfer funds.

Ironic considering your username
Haha I mean resigning players from the past. I am not wanting us to sign Laudrup ffs, or maybe I should change my name now to Clement56.

Its just the same drivel every season. Kent will brought up and Morelos and Katic etc Unnecessary when they most likely will never play for us again. We need to move forward.

All we need is defenders that can defend and dont panic when they see a slightly taller than average striker.

Midfielders that can protect the defence and contribute going forward as well as working hard off the ball.

Couple of wingers that can beat a man and score goals and a couple of strikers that dont miss from 4 yards out or are scared to shoot.

We should have all that sorted by the UCL qualifiers.

Then beg or blackmail someone to sign Scott Wright and a few others.

Good luck Mr Koppen :D

Back