Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

RANGERS are eyeing a summer move for Ferencvaros winger Adama Traore, according to reports.

The Mali international has just helped his club win back-to-back Hungarian league titles.

Despite injury woes the 28-year-old has scored 14 goals in 24 games for the Budapest giants.

Ibrox boss Philippe Clement is planning to shake up his squad after seeing Celtic clinch the Premiership title on Wednesday.

And reports in both Africa and Hungary claim the Belgian is in the hunt for 48-cap international Traore.

The winger is under contract with Ferencvaros until 2025, and valued at £3.5million.

He joined them from Moldovan side Sheriff Tiraspol two years ago, and his CV also includes French outfits Metz and Orleans,

Traore began his senior career with DR Congo side TP Mazembe, and he also had a loan spell with Saudi club Al-Adalah.

Fulham have also been credited with an interest in Bamako-born Traore.

The Premier League side already have a winger with exactly the same name.

Also 28, the former Barcelona, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Wolves ace has Malian origins but was born in Spain.

Hull City also have a player on their books called Adama Traore, who is also from Mali.

Newly-crowned Austrian champions Sturm Graz are also planning to raid Ferencvaros for the in-demand player.

Traore predominantly plays on the right wing so he could be viewed as a replacement for Adbdallah Sima if he ends up back at Brighton following the expiration of his Ibrox loan deal.

But his fellow African offers much more versatility across the forward line and has actually had his best Rangers performances whilst deployed on the left flank.

Sima is currently out injured and is touch-and-go to feature in either the Premiership curtain closer this weekend against Hearts and the Scottish Cup final against Celtic on May 25.

The 22-year-old Senegal star has 16 goals in 38 games across all competitions, with two assists, but has barely played since the turn of the year due to fitness problems.

Meanwhile, Gers could receive a £500,000 cash boost to go towards transfers - if a former players wins promotion with his new club next weekend.

Lazy journalist couldn’t even be arsed to explain that it’s kamara at Leeds

RANGERS are eyeing a summer move for Ferencvaros winger Adama Traore, according to reports.

The Mali international has just helped his club win back-to-back Hungarian league titles.

Despite injury woes the 28-year-old has scored 14 goals in 24 games for the Budapest giants.

Ibrox boss Philippe Clement is planning to shake up his squad after seeing Celtic clinch the Premiership title on Wednesday.

And reports in both Africa and Hungary claim the Belgian is in the hunt for 48-cap international Traore.

The winger is under contract with Ferencvaros until 2025, and valued at £3.5million.

He joined them from Moldovan side Sheriff Tiraspol two years ago, and his CV also includes French outfits Metz and Orleans,

Traore began his senior career with DR Congo side TP Mazembe, and he also had a loan spell with Saudi club Al-Adalah.

Fulham have also been credited with an interest in Bamako-born Traore.

The Premier League side already have a winger with exactly the same name.

Also 28, the former Barcelona, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Wolves ace has Malian origins but was born in Spain.

Hull City also have a player on their books called Adama Traore, who is also from Mali.

Newly-crowned Austrian champions Sturm Graz are also planning to raid Ferencvaros for the in-demand player.

Traore predominantly plays on the right wing so he could be viewed as a replacement for Adbdallah Sima if he ends up back at Brighton following the expiration of his Ibrox loan deal.

But his fellow African offers much more versatility across the forward line and has actually had his best Rangers performances whilst deployed on the left flank.

Sima is currently out injured and is touch-and-go to feature in either the Premiership curtain closer this weekend against Hearts and the Scottish Cup final against Celtic on May 25.

The 22-year-old Senegal star has 16 goals in 38 games across all competitions, with two assists, but has barely played since the turn of the year due to fitness problems.

Meanwhile, Gers could receive a £500,000 cash boost to go towards transfers - if a former players wins promotion with his new club next weekend.
My main takeaway from that article is that there are lots of players called Adama Traore. I'm worried we'd sign the wrong one.

APOEL were looking to sign him permanently.

That's not to say they will.
The president of the club said they’d like to keep him but can’t afford him basically, and would need to work out another loan deal with his parent club or do a sort of multi-faceted deal. I think if Rangers can offer his parent club money up front, APOEL won’t be able to do much about keeping him, if we are still interested that is.

Beck had agreed everything with Celtic in January to go, Liverpool f*cked it by playing him so he couldn't leave for anyone but Dundee hence why he went back.

Suspect they'll sign him in the summer.

Supposedly they're going to throw a whole load of money at getting Tierney back on loan next season according to a Tim I know.

Clement said its going to be
Unless I’ve missed something more specific, he didn’t say it’s going to be huge.

In his pre-game interview at the start of the week he said there will be a turnover in the squad which was clear due to contract situations (eg OOC players and returning loans) and that the club have been working hard on sourcing new players.

That’s it.

I think people are so desperate to envisage him wielding a stick and ridding us of the so-called ‘serial losers’ that they’re reading things into his words that aren’t there.

Supposedly they're going to throw a whole load of money at getting Tierney back on loan next season according to a Tim I know.
Not a dig at you obviously as you're only passing it on but I'd say there's no chance Arsenal agree to loan him out again.

He's still got another 2 years left I think so his price will be as high as it'll ever be. They'll want rid.

Not a dig at you obviously as you're only passing it on but I'd say there's no chance Arsenal agree to loan him out again.

He's still got another 2 years left I think so his price will be as high as it'll ever be. They'll want rid.
It would be even better if they spent some of their millions in the bank on him.

The president of the club said they’d like to keep him but can’t afford him basically, and would need to work out another loan deal with his parent club or do a sort of multi-faceted deal. I think if Rangers can offer his parent club money up front, APOEL won’t be able to do much about keeping him, if we are still interested that is.
It will be up to the player by the looks of things APOEL definitely want him permanently and have money freed up recently apparently so if he still wants to join us i don't think any deal will be too difficult pending we still want him and the player wants the move.

It should be a straightforward move especially with it being a low fee.

It will be up to the player by the looks of things APOEL definitely want him and have money freed up apparently if he still wants to join us i don't think any deal will be too difficult pending we still want him and the player wants the move.

I'm confident if we want him we will get him, money talks and our squad players will on more than the best paid players in their entire league imo.

My main takeaway from that article is that there are lots of players called Adama Traore. I'm worried we'd sign the wrong one.

I’ve always maintained that Alex McLeish asked Martin Bain to go and sign Farfan, the speedy goalscoring winger from PSV, but the bold Smithers misheard him and brought back Fanfan, the slow disinterested centre half from PSG, instead.

It will be up to the player by the looks of things APOEL definitely want him permanently and have money freed up recently apparently so if he still wants to join us i don't think any deal will be too difficult pending we still want him and the player wants the move.

It should be a straightforward move especially with it being a low fee.
Depends how the contract is done.

I always thought that if you had an option to buy with an agreed price, you only discussed terms with the player when you activated the clause.

Apparently though its more common for the contract to be agreed at the start of the loan. If the buying club then agrees to meet the terms, the contract is activated.

If that what APOEL have with the boy, then if they activate the clause, he will effectively move to them, and we would have to then buy from APOEL if we wanted him.

Back