Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I’d keep King but give him more game time. In the youth team King was a far superior player to Mayo yet Mayo would easily be getting a game of us now. He’s never going to be a Davie Weir but then neither were Bob Malcolm, Kirk Broadfoot or Marvin Andrew’s yet they were all winning players for us.
Pains me to say it, but I don’t see anything in King that would suggest he’ll make it with us, especially at centre back. Last I heard we were trying to convert him to a defensive midfielder.

A loan might be beneficial at this stage.

Paddy McNair bbc article 'He was the club's Player of the Year in 2020-21, but departs after an injury-hit campaign.' i can't handle the injury chat after this season. :(((

Paddy McNair bbc article 'He was the club's Player of the Year in 2020-21, but departs after an injury-hit campaign.' i can't handle the injury chat after this season. :(((

Have we been linked with McNair?

I'd be somewhat surprised if we were interested, I must admit.

Yup he's coming back on loan with an obligation to buy in January
Problem is he'll cost too much money considering how much work we've got to do elsewhere.

He's been our most successful loan signing in a long, long time but he's just not worth the required outlay IMO.

I would sign Sima in a heartbeat. We should be signing the players we bring in on loan and prove they work for us.

Sign him and address another position with a loan signing for the season and if he works out, spend money on him next season etc.

Sima when he was fit was the best player in the country. If we could get him for about £6-7m I'm confident we would get a few good years out of him before moving on a for a profit.

Back