Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I think need a better quality of striker, I don't think Danilo or Dessers fires us to victory agaisnt that lot.

I think a proper experienced midfielder would help massively also.
I agree, but I'm doubtful that a new striker is going to want to come in and complete against the incumbent 2 and risk being 3rd choice. Neither Dessers or Danilo will want to be 3rd choice for one.

I think either we bring in a "3rd choice" (would that actually be better than just giving Lovelace a chance though?), or we sell Dessers and convince 2 new strikers that first choice is up for grabs before Danilo returns to full fitness. If we don't sell Dessers though that may be a tricky thing to convince a new striker of. These were our 2 most expensive signings just 12 months ago after all!

If he recovers fully fit then Danilo will help massively with the press and his movement and work rate are also very good.

It's just that sticking the ball in the goal thing that I'm not convinced by him with. Not sure he looks anymore clinical than Dessers TBH.

That's my concern also, I think both Danilo and Dessers have good work rate and movement off the ball, its the bit in the box that's a concern especially against better defenses.

Also unfortunately we don't know what level Danilo will be at when he fully returns from his injury.

I think due to that injury we will sell Dessers, keep Danilo and bring in a new number 9.

I agree, but I'm doubtful that a new striker is going to want to come in and complete against the incumbent 2 and risk being 3rd choice. Neither Dessers or Danilo will want to be 3rd choice for one.

I think either we bring in a "3rd choice" (would that actually be better than just giving Lovelace a chance though?), or we sell Dessers and convince 2 new strikers that first choice is up for grabs before Danilo returns to full fitness. If we don't sell Dessers though that may be a tricky thing to convince a new striker of. These were our 2 most expensive signings just 12 months ago after all!

I'd love Lovelace to get a decent run out but the rumours on here were that he wanted back down south, no idea the truth on that.

I think one of Danilo or Dessers will need to go to open the space and funds for a new striker, Dessers the more obvious choice due to his decent goal scoring this year and obviously not coming back from a major injury.

Probably the agent Madrid bear was talking to last night.
1x.webp

Very interesting if that quote is accurate. Antics in January (going AWOL from APOEL) certainly seemed to suggest that he had a different preferred destination at the time (which was obviously heavily assumed to be us).

So if it is true that it comes down to the players choice, and it's not just as simple as activating the clause and the player is powerless, perhaps we can get Jefte without a hefty fee.

I agree it’s very detailed.

As I posted above it’s the bit where sitting at a table drinking red wine hammering out posts while talking to the agent.

I hope it’s true and I will apologise if it is.
The agent could have been away for a long dump, or on a call.

It's up to the reader to decide how much merit is in a story/rumour on here

I'm 90% certain it was MadridBear that said in the January transfer window we were signing a player, and the source was that he had just bumped into the players parents by chance and they had started having a conversation.

He gets around eh?

We didn't sign the player btw.
Who was the person who bumped into John Flecks relative in Costco or Tesco Springburn :)) ?

That's my concern also, I think both Danilo and Dessers have good work rate and movement off the ball, its the bit in the box that's a concern especially against better defenses.

Also unfortunately we don't know what level Danilo will be at when he fully returns from his injury.

I think due to that injury we will sell Dessers, keep Danilo and bring in a new number 9.

I'd love Lovelace to get a decent run out but the rumours on here were that he wanted back down south, no idea the truth on that.

I think one of Danilo or Dessers will need to go to open the space and funds for a new striker, Dessers the more obvious choice due to his decent goal scoring this year and obviously not coming back from a major injury.

4lads tweeted he spoke to Lovelace the other day says he has no intention of leaving and has a year left on deal

Just because the 2 strikers we have might not fancy being 2nd or 3rd choice thats no reason for the club not to bring in a first choice striker.
There is no way IMHO that the club will take the feelings of our misfiring/injured strike force into consideration when planning how to make us better- particularly in front of goal!
Clement will also want his own choice at no 9.

I also think its a tim at the bam up.
I think there's already been strong talk of Cortes coming back, another loan but with an obligation this time isn't fanciful.
The other one is just a name fired out there
Who knows, wouldn't trust anyone until there's a scarf above their head at under the marble staircase etc etc

I'm 90% certain it was MadridBear that said in the January transfer window we were signing a player, and the source was that he had just bumped into the players parents by chance and they had started having a conversation.

He gets around eh?

To be fair, he hasn’t said we are signing this fella.

He gets around eh?

I’m sure he also said we were singing Ian Maatsen on loan under Beale.

Fishy character.

Albion Rrahmani is a name that will break in a few weeks. There is an interesting managerial twist that will delay things but by all accounts it's already along the road for that to scupper anything.
Scoring regularly by all accounts. Isn't the lugan bigot just been confirmed as manager?

Albion Rrahmani is a name that will break in a few weeks. There is an interesting managerial twist that will delay things but by all accounts it's already along the road for that to scupper anything.
Scoring regularly by all accounts. Isn't the lugan bigot just been confirmed as manager?
One would hope the second part of the first post is accurate, if indeed the story is true.

Just because the 2 strikers we have might not fancy being 2nd or 3rd choice thats no reason for the club not to bring in a first choice striker.
There is no way IMHO that the club will take the feelings of our misfiring/injured strike force into consideration when planning how to make us better- particularly in front of goal!
Clement will also want his own choice at no 9.
No...

But, they will take I to account a high earner with sell on value being relegated to third choice and having their value drop.

As much as we would love the luxury of having Dessers 3rd choice next year, this summer we could likely sell him for more than he was bought for and get him off the wage bill in the process. 3rd choice striker in a team that typically plays only 1 is a place for young hungry talent on low wages eager to take their chances. Not 30 year olds on massive wages winding down their careers and getting fat.

Quite like the look of the Chilean playing in Argentina mentioned earlier , left sided defender and good mix of talents according to his skill reels . Thomas Galdames . Not only a LB he has played plenty in left CD says the stats .

17 goals in 24 games for Rapid Bucharest. Looks decent.

Linked with Villa, Napoli, Werder Bremen and Benfica

Rapid bought him for €600,000. Depending on which report you read Rapid want anything from €6m to €10m

Back