Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

How injury prone is Traore?

29 next month and he’s made a total of 198 appearances at club level - if TM are correct?

A further 54 caps for Mali.

They've played 54 games this season. 32 in the league, 6 in the cup, 16 in Europe.

12 appearences(8 starts) in the League
4 appearences (2 starts) in the Cup
10 appearences (10 starts) in Europe

Scored 14 goals.

Would Shankland still be able to do what he does if he wasn't playing regularly? If Clement was to go for him, I couldn't see him being first choice striker for us. He looks like a player that needs to be playing most weeks to keep his fitness levels up.
I think his could be a very good point but perhaps there is an answer in the training patterns the club could devise for the squad .

My Q about Shankland is which position(s) do those who want him signed foresee him playing in the Clement system ? Is it the central striker in the front three and that is it so basically a possible replacement for Dessers who only plays that one position too

If it doesn't included his appearances in Africa then the stats are good. I did wonder given the post you replied to said he'd played 54 times for Mali but only 198 club appearances which seems a very high ratio.

I think its only been this season he has had injuries, 46, 43 in the previous 2 seasons, if he is over his injuries could be a decent option on the wing for a few seasons.

I’m hopeful that Barron comes to us, he’s a tidy wee player who will only improve imo.

Exactly the kind of signing we should make if we’re looking for Scottish players.
Being OoC I would agree he looks like the standout candidate for us this summer if the scouts like his data it all adds up well .

Miller I like but it feels to me that the fee would be too high for risk right now whereas moving onto next summer , and him proving himself across a full season , I’d be ready to move on that one again if the scouting data backs up the eye test.

I think its only been this season he has had injuries, 46, 43 in the previous 2 seasons, if he is over his injuries could be a decent option on the wing for a few seasons.
This looks right to me , just depends on the I nature of the injuries and his recovery capability but anyone can get certain sorts.
Watching some clips of Traore it looks like he plays both Centre and on Left that’s a plus .

Remember the jungles got pumped by Ferencvros was Traore with them that season ?

Last edited:
The problem we might face regarding signing promising current SPFL Scottish players could be a throwback to the Scott Allen saga that the beggars can easily outbid us simply to stop us getting a player.
Not just for next season but ongoing the club have to nail down a strategy for recruitment that has a philosophy that is in depth for our requirements and stable. We cannot be going through this turnaround every other season of throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. This is on the footballing area of the board to get right.

In the last 3 years they've signed 1 player from the league and it was Siegrist on a free the year before that it was Turnbull for £3m. Doubt they're going to change their strategy that works for them (bar this season) to try get one over us.

We have to get our recruitment right that's been part of our downfall in that same period. Filling with a Scottish core is easy enough to say but how many of these players that keep getting mentioned walk into the starting 11 and instantly improve us? Not many.

Barron should probably be considered to replace Ryan Jack given he's available for nothing. It's the type of player we should be picking up in the same way we did with Souttar. Watson looks good is he going to play every week? Probably not similar with Lennon Miller. If there are better options available abroad then go get them.

They've played 54 games this season. 32 in the league, 6 in the cup, 16 in Europe.

Scored 14 goals.
Check this , his uefa all competitions stats look quite good at least on the surface .

In the last 3 years they've signed 1 player from the league and it was Siegrist on a free the year before that it was Turnbull for £3m. Doubt they're going to change their strategy that works for them (bar this season) to try get one over us.

We have to get our recruitment right that's been part of our downfall in that same period. Filling with a Scottish core is easy enough to say but how many of these players that keep getting mentioned walk into the starting 11 and instantly improve us? Not many.

Barron should probably be considered to replace Ryan Jack given he's available for nothing. It's the type of player we should be picking up in the same way we did with Souttar. Watson looks good is he going to play every week? Probably not similar with Lennon Miller. If there are better options available abroad then go get them.
You have missed out Shankland for some reason, he starts and possibly/ probably scores 30+ goals.

It is also easy to say just buy foreign stars as we dont watch/like spfl and focus on tv leagues but it is probably not so easy to find these players or get them to come to Scotland.

Scored 14 goals.

Stankovic seems to prefer Marquinhos or Sevikyan lot of the time. Found Stankovic to be quite weird with certain players, he seems to go through phases with them.

Traore is pretty prolific in front of goal though. Good presser off the ball as well.

Stankovic seems to prefer Marquinhos or Sevikyan lot of the time. Found Stankovic to be quite weird with certain players, he seems to go through phases with them.

Traore is pretty prolific in front of goal though. Good presser off the ball as well.
That seems the positive thing hopefully with the wing players we have been linked with so far. Ones who will play on the front foot and press from the front. We’ve seen how many issues maeda and kyogo have caused us with it.

Has he been injured much this season?

With Danilo coming back next season, who was also a great presser off the ball, this could be a seriously good change already to our attack

I think his could be a very good point but perhaps there is an answer in the training patterns the club could devise for the squad .

My Q about Shankland is which position(s) do those who want him signed foresee him playing in the Clement system ? Is it the central striker in the front three and that is it so basically a possible replacement for Dessers who only plays that one position too
I think you'd look to rotate him as the main striker depending on the opposition. Also bring him on as a second striker when you're chasing a goal.

I've no idea whether that would fit in with what Clement is looking for though obviously.

I wanted us to take a punt on Erhahon when he was leaving St Mirren a couple of seasons ago, even if it meant loaning him out.

His manager recently called him the best number 6 in League 1 by a distance. Let's not miss out on another boyhood Rangers fan who is destined for bigger things.
Appreciate the views of the fans don’t impact transfer policy but as a fanbase we seem very keen on signing players a year after they’ve left the league when people would have been laughed at for suggesting them at the time. (Not referring to you here)

Don’t know how plausible it would be but this player would be a good fit for us imo , one year in contract now plus SP were champions so he has options . It is how he initiates all sorts of possibilities by either playing through the press and his football touch qualities and his passing . On top he scores pretty regularly neither with head or thru his football talents

A no brainer and likely to go for well under £1m.

Exactly the type of Scottish player we should be going for. Stephen Robinson said he should be playing for us when he was at St Mirren.

Young, bags of potential, won't cost the earth, Bluenose.

Same League we got Aribo for £300,000 from and Celtic got O'Riley for £1.5m.

Can't be turning our nose up at that.

Being OoC I would agree he looks like the standout candidate for us this summer if the scouts like his data it all adds up well .

Miller I like but it feels to me that the fee would be too high for risk right now whereas moving onto next summer , and him proving himself across a full season , I’d be ready to move on that one again if the scouting data backs up the eye test.
I’m sure a deal for Miller could be structured so that in order for Motherwell to get X amount, Miller would need to reach certain targets for appearances, goals, international caps etc.

Think he’s the pick of the bunch in Scotland right now, really hope we’re interested and can get that done. Not confident we are right enough, think he’ll be England bound.

Exactly the type of Scottish player we should be going for. Stephen Robinson said he should be playing for us when he was at St Mirren.

Young, bags of potential, won't cost the earth, Bluenose.

Same League we got Aribo for £300,000 from and Celtic got O'Riley for £1.5m.

Can't be turning our nose up at that.
Future captain material. Could turn us a profit or be here ten years. Would bring an instant infusion of blue blood into the dressing room.
It's the most obvious transfer of the summer but will Koppen even be interested?

Was hoping this second post would be as identical as it is but instead finish with ‘he is exactly what we need’
Watched it twice and came to the same conclusion.

Just a glitch when posting.

The boy must have something if he is attracting the attention of several clubs, but I cannot see it from that video.

Future captain material. Could turn us a profit or be here ten years. Would bring an instant infusion of blue blood into the dressing room.
It's the most obvious transfer of the summer but will Koppen even be interested?

You'd think we're at least aware of the HG quota required for Europe. What are sitting at just now for next season ?

McCausland, Kieran Wright, Robbie McCrorie for club trained
Scott Wright and Souttar for nation trained ?

Do King and Lowry count towards the A Squad next season ?

You'd think we're at least aware of the HG quota required for Europe. What are sitting at just now for next season ?

McKinnon is likely to be one?

I'd like to think we'd be after Erhahon and Barron.

McKinnon is likely to be one?

I'd like to think we'd be after Erhahon and Barron.

McCausland, McKinnon, Yfeko, Devine and Lowry are all 21 so I think they would count towards needing to be included in the 25 man A squad(could be wrong on that)

King is still 20 so should be B Squad. Don't know Rice and Lovelace have been here long enough to be allowed to play in Europe. Sure they weren't eligible this season.

Don’t know how plausible it would be but this player would be a good fit for us imo , one year in contract now plus SP were champions so he has options . It is how he initiates all sorts of possibilities by either playing through the press and his football touch qualities and his passing . On top he scores pretty regularly neither with head or thru his football talents

All I know is he is a superb signing on football manager :))

McCausland, McKinnon, Yfeko, Devine and Lowry are all 21 so I think they would count towards needing to be included in the 25 man A squad(could be wrong on that)

King is still 20 so should be B Squad. Don't know Rice and Lovelace have been here long enough to be allowed to play in Europe. Sure they weren't eligible this season.

Yeah both will be eligible for the B list next season

If you are feeling down then Imagine the equivalent thread on a Trabszonspor forum and you are reading that your big summer signings are Borna and big John.
They might be getting people telling them they are actually brilliant though and are looking forward to their arrival.

I think lovelace counts next season as well and rice not certain though

Appreciate the views of the fans don’t impact transfer policy but as a fanbase we seem very keen on signing players a year after they’ve left the league when people would have been laughed at for suggesting them at the time.

agree with this, but to play devils advocate, don’t think it’s necessarily the worst thing to know that a player can thrive in different environments

I’m sure a deal for Miller could be structured so that in order for Motherwell to get X amount, Miller would need to reach certain targets for appearances, goals, international caps etc.

Think he’s the pick of the bunch in Scotland right now, really hope we’re interested and can get that done. Not confident we are right enough, think he’ll be England bound.
Motherwell want him loaned back for a year as part of any deal. My pal met his uncle at the weekend

If we had money to play with it would be a reasonable move re Ethan Erhahon a left footed no6 anchor sort of player isn’t he .
Not seen enough to know how good he is but the obvious skills are his athleticism and application and that he has a strong mentality by the looks too . Would it cost about 1m ?

Appreciate the views of the fans don’t impact transfer policy but as a fanbase we seem very keen on signing players a year after they’ve left the league when people would have been laughed at for suggesting them at the time. (Not referring to you here)
Not a massive difference to your point but I think he left 18 months ago Andy

2 goals and 4 assists in League 1 in 43 games, should we be looking at him when we are screaming for a midfielder who can contribute goals to the team?
Is he not a holding player, He was decent at St Mirren but can’t see I’ve seen anything of him since.

Back