Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

One look at Jefte would say he’s a development piece.

Won a league title with APOEL in his first full season of professional football (had been playing amateur and reserve level in Brazil)

Unused sub in their last league game and in and out side toward end of season.

Imagine he stopped giving a toss around February TBF.

I think there is potentially a bigger turnaround of players than just the ooc. Clement made a point when he came in that it was daft that those with 1 year left in their deals were not sold, instead we let them run down the clock. I would think there will be a few with 12-18months left on their deals that Phil will be trying to offload aswell.

That’s what a summer window should look like

We can’t even get the bodies on the park

How many clubs can come close to matching that?

You're saying that's what it "should" look like, but using a massive exception to the rule and a club we shouldn't be trying to compare ourselves to in just about any way as evidence.

You can at least see why it's an unfair comparison?

I've no idea how it would go at Rangers, but everything I've seen of Harry Souttar, probably between 5 and 10 games overall in fairness, doesn't lead me to believe he's any better than his brother.

And he seems to be more injury prone.

We're basing it on a World Cup over 18 months ago which is insanity. We sacked Gio during it FFS, that's how long ago it was.

He's barely played since for his club.

He might be great but I've no idea where the optimism is coming from.

I've no idea how it would go at Rangers, but everything I've seen of Harry Souttar, probably between 5 and 10 games overall in fairness, doesn't lead me to believe he's any better than his brother.

Hasn't he only had one significant injury in his career?

Never seen him play but I always have a laugh at this image.

2023-leicester-city-manager-brendan-793240160.jpg

Are we assuming Harry Souttar comes up here and strolls it because he tends to play in England? If so, there’s been plenty of evidence in this team, in our squads over the years that shows this is indeed not the case.

Far too many down south think coming up here is easy or beneath them. They’re horribly wrong.

Are we assuming Harry Souttar comes up here and strolls it because he tends to play in England? If so, there’s been plenty of evidence in this team, in our squads over the years that shows this is indeed not the case.

Far too many down south think coming up here is easy or beneath them. They’re horribly wrong.
He started his career at Dundee Hibs did he not?

Hasn't he only had one significant injury in his career?

Is that based on Transfermarkt? They don't always have the full picture.

He seems to pick up little injuries through a season. In fairness, he's not had as many big injuries as John, so I'm being unfair, yeah.

Absolutely before casting Lammers aside I’d be having Clement a full pre season with him and see where we at with him

He started 9 games and 6 sub appearances under Clement before he went on loan. If Clement was happy with what he saw of him I doubt he would have loaned him out.

Given he's done well with Utrecht there'll be a chance for us to make some money back on him if not all of what we paid for him so we need to move him on.

Absolutely before casting Lammers aside I’d be having Clement a full pre season with him and see where we at with him

Feel like this is a case of if Clement saw him as playing any part in future plans he would still be here now rather than out on loan.

The loan deal was good for both parties and we should look to recoup some/all of the outlay if there are any takers while his stock is high.

Is that based on Transfermarkt? They don't always have the full picture.

He seems to pick up little injuries through a season. In fairness, he's not had as many big injuries as John, so I'm being unfair, yeah.
That and another site where he's listed as missing 2 games at one point. Seems fairly robust, although he has had limited games time.

Speaking of which here's an article from January where the suggestion is that he's not playing for LC mainly due to their other defenders doing well: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ws/harry-souttar-knows-leicester-city-9042449

So no issues with the club/manager it seems. (And given they won the league it was probably the right move to stick with the players that were performing.)

Tbh Strider i’ve not seen much of Harry Souttar either but he has a higher pedigree than John imo . Played WCFs and played well too . Played in Premiership which is absolutely vastly superior to Scottish .

Probably the most import ant part is he is a giant of a guy and that is a massive ( oops ) aerial advantage in both boxes as they say these days .

On the major negative side he had a very serious injury and what is equally serious is his salary

That and another site where he's listed as missing 2 games at one point. Seems fairly robust, although he has had limited games time.

Speaking of which here's an article from January where the suggestion is that he's not playing for LC mainly due to their other defenders doing well: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ws/harry-souttar-knows-leicester-city-9042449

So no issues with the club/manager it seems. (And given they won the league it was probably the right move to stick with the players that were performing.)
Seen a set of games towards the end of the season and some earlier this year tbh they looked the team with the chic in that league .
Well done to them it’s not easy to deal with relegation and reshape your team in an instant into an extremely entertaining team .

Not sure I can see the economics of a Harry Souttar move working out for us

Last edited:
Back