Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I don't know anything about Jefte, but I know I want 2 full backs who are good defensively.
Trying to find the specific post in amongst all the madness would be murder but someone posted one of those data graphs people make of players when he was linked in January. He's purely an attacking fullback.

I think if we sold both Lammers and Dessers it might be worth going for Shankland given he has a year left on his contract.

Barron if he'll come would make perfect sense.

I like Miller and Watson, but I just don't think we can afford to spend millions on players not ready to be starters for us sadly.
Shankland who had a hot 4 months from open play earlier in the year, a purple patch for him as far as top flight goals form open play goes. But has scored a single goal since the February form open play, in a period where Dessers has 9 goals.

The Shankland who has only once in his entire career scored more than 12 goals from open play in top flight football?

The one who also is as slow as a week in jail, offers nothing other than goals, no pressing and can't play as a sole striker so wouldn't suit our tactical setup.

That Shankland?

Since the Winter Break, where Dessers actually got fit the difference is night and day.

Last edited:
Tbh Strider i’ve not seen much of Harry Souttar either but he has a higher pedigree than John imo . Played WCFs and played well too . Played in Premiership which is absolutely vastly superior to Scottish .

Probably the most import ant part is he is a giant of a guy and that is a massive ( oops ) aerial advantage in both boxes as they say these days .

On the major negative side he had a very serious injury and what is equally serious is his salary
A loan signing?

Shankland who had a hot 4 months from open play earlier in the year, a purple patch as far as top flight goals form open play goes. But has scored a single goal since the February form open play, while Dessers has 9 since then.

The Shankland who has only once in his entire career scored more than 12 goals from open play in top flight football?

That Shankland? Dessers is a better striker.
Nice edit before the pile on :)

Sorry too late

Shankland who had a hot 5 months but has scored a single goal since the February form open play, while Dessers has 9 since then. The Shankland who has only once in his entire career scored more than 12 goals from open play in top flight football?

That Shankland? Dessers is a better striker.
Shankland would have a much better record playing for us. Would b a decent player 2 have in squad if hearts don't want crazy money. Certainly not at the 5m being quoted in Jan

Shankland who had a hot 4 months from open play earlier in the year, a purple patch for him as far as top flight goals form open play goes. But has scored a single goal since the February form open play, while Dessers has 9 since then.

The one who also is as slow as a week in jail, offers nothing other than goals, no pressing and can't play as a sole striker so wouldn't suit our tactical setup.

That Shankland?
Shankland over dessers any day of the week.

It’s not even a debate

I've edited the post, it's his first from open play I believe in a long time, in that time period Dessers has scored 9 goals.
I get your thinking too and tbh I dont think Shankland would be the best use of the money it would take to get him but i think you then have to think

How many goals would Dressers score in that Hearts team compared to Shankland in ours with the chances we create

It’s not even a debate
Since the winter break it's 9 goals for open play for Dessers and 2 for Shankland. Dessers is the top scorer in the league since then and is also the highest minutes to goal ratio into he league the entire season.

Dessers should be a backup next season, but Shankland is so far form the answer it's unreal. He's an absolute plodder who had one decent purple patch his entire career and has delivered 1 goal in months now.

Since the winter break it's 9 goals for open play for Dessers and 2 for Shankland. Dessers is the top scorer in the league since then and is also the highest minutes to goal ratio into he league the entire season.

Dessers should be a backup next season, but Shankland is so far form the answer it's unreal. He's an absolute plodder who had one decent purple patch his entire career and has delivered 1 goal in months now.
playing for Rangers brings you more chances. When Shankland had his chance on Saturday you knew he was finishing it. if dessers had the ball 3 yards out with no keeper I still would half expect him to miss. Shankland is a finisher and even if not first choice can get goals from the bench

There's literally no point in comparing how many goals a striker scored for hearts in comparison to how many a striker scored for Rangers.

He scored over 30 goals in a worse team.

How many chances does dessers need before he scores? Easily 2/3 that are sitters.

A seemingly reliable poster (copeland front) on RR saying nothing in the Albion links and that the South African winger is happening for just under a million.

It’s not even a debate
Undoubtedly this will go on and on. Shankland has one more contract at decent wages left. He needs to pick his move carefully.

Looking at his stats he should be moving to the English championship where he will get the wages he is looking for and play for a team with similar pressure for results as Hearts have.

There is nothing in this seasons performance or his track record that says he will come to Ibrox and score 20+ goals a season. Nothing to indicate he will thrive under the pressure he will face playing for us. He has had his best season ever and needs to cash in on that.

He is the wrong age for us, we need to invest in players with a resale value. He will not have that. Had he been 5 years younger then yes worth a punt. But he isn’t.

He is a decent player but we need to spend our money wisely. Signing a player of his age who isn’t the quickest doesn’t solve our long term finance problem.

This debate will go on forever but we must make player trading a reality. He is not the right fit for that model.

Undoubtedly this will go on and on. Shankland has one more contract at decent wages left. He needs to pick his move carefully.

Looking at his stats he should be moving to the English championship where he will get the wages he is looking for and play for a team with similar pressure for results as Hearts have.

There is nothing in this seasons performance or his track record that says he will come to Ibrox and score 20+ goals a season. Nothing to indicate he will thrive under the pressure he will face playing for us. He has had his best season ever and needs to cash in on that.

He is the wrong age for us, we need to invest in players with a resale value. He will not have that. Had he been 5 years younger then yes worth a punt. But he isn’t.

He is a decent player but we need to spend our money wisely. Signing a player of his age who isn’t the quickest doesn’t solve our long term finance problem.

This debate will go on forever but we must make player trading a reality. He is not the right fit for that model.
Shankland for £500k in January when his contract has 6 months left is my prediction. 2.5 year deal.

If there’s a title race next season then coming in at that time for that money he’ll be a useful extra option and will no doubt try like a madman for us.

He never has been and never will be any more than that.

Back