Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Yes he has and whether or not he's the right player for us is often debated. However, the goal he scored against us is the type of goal Dessers would never get for us. He showed decent pace to get to the ball and it was a lovely composed finish.

If we continue with Dessers we need more pace around him and create chances in the box for him. Shankland seems to score from a lot of different areas but it's the old debate of is he worth what Hearts want for him?

Hearts valuation to us likely stops it but I saw Shankland miscontrol a ball direct in on goal that would have killed the game at 2-0 on Saturday suggesting that the £4m fee often mooted isn't worth it either.

He also let one run under his foot (right before they scored their 2nd) across the six yard box that we'd have murdered Dessers for doing the same with.

He's a good SPL player, Shankland. The sort of player that if you could get him for a million based on his contract being a year to go (or even if he was on a Bosman) is a great signing.

For multi-millions though, we need to look at early 20s players who we can resell for larger fees (or at least get our money back on if we've had longer use out of them)

Arrived at the airport in the same clothes he had on Saturday.

GOAfOAiXsAA5LCY

Think he copped those aviators at a Roma market.

Hearts valuation to us likely kill it but I saw Shankland miscontrol a ball direct in on goal that would have killed the game at 2-0 on Saturday suggesting that the £4m fee often mooted isn't worth it either.

He also let one run under his foot (right before they scored their 2nd) across the six yard box that we'd have murdered Dessers for doing the same with.

He's a good SPL player, Shankland. The sort of player that if you could get him for a million based on his contract being a year to go (or even if he was on a Bosman) is a great signing.

For multi-millions though, we need to look at early 20s players who we can resell for larger fees (or at least get our money back on if we've had longer use out of them)
While I don't disagree with all of your post I think Shankland scores a lot of goals and different types of finish too but yeah he's prone to mistakes also.

I'm no massive Shankland fan and I'm sure there are better players out there we could sign but in the league for us, which WE MUST win next season, he'd score more than Dessers or Danilo

While I don't disagree with all of your post I think Shankland scores a lot of goals and different types of finish too but yeah he's prone to mistakes also.

I'm no massive Shankland fan and I'm sure there are better players out there we could sign but in the league for us, which WE MUST win next season, he'd score more than Dessers or Danilo

Aye, what we should have done last summer was try and get him instead of Dessers, Lammers or Danilo.

That ship has deffo sailed though.

Do we even know if Danilo is any good? Not to mention that he has just had a horrific injury, I mean Michael Mols was never the same again after his knee injury.
Must admit I'm worried about this as well. Only need to look at Lawrence, Hagi and Morelos as examples of recent players who dropped a level or two after coming back from a lengthy lay-off.

Last edited:
Why?

You dont think we can recoup our £3.5m?
Given his performances outside of Holland, and given the state of finances in Holland - we’re basically hoping AZ or Twente want him if we are to receive anything over £1.5m. Who in Holland has £3.5m to spend? The top 3 won’t want him.

He'll not be as expensive as he was in January given he's only got 12 months left but the questions around him would still remain regardless. For me Dessers fits the system better than Shankland does because he does run the channels and he works his arse off for the team. He has big faults like not being able to hold the ball up, he goes down far top easily at times and then there's the issues with him being offside. For the fee we paid for him you would expect a bit more but given how poorly he started after missing pre-season on the whole he's done fine.

The stats show Shankland has outscored Dessers this season but both them average roughly around the same shots at goal per 90 minutes Dessers 4.1 Shankland 3.8. Dessers has the better percentage of getting shots on target but Shankland has the better conversation rate. Shankland has played almost 12 games more in minutes in the league than Dessers so that's maybe why Dessers are slightly higher than they should be.

Dessers league stats work out at 16 goals and 5 assists in 2128 minutes so that's just under 24 full games. Does Shankland do better than that? I'm not so sure.

If Dessers remains then I think we need to go get someone better than him and Shankland we don't need both.
I don’t know what your expectations of Rangers are. If you are happy with us being solidly second place then Dessers is ‘fine’. If you actually want us to win things, then he is nowhere near ‘fine’.

Whether its £500k/£750k whatever, the point remains.

I think if it came to it (which it didn't last January), Shankland would be a lot more forceful in getting a move to Rangers than Souttar was.

It would also depend on where the teams sit. We could be 10 points clear and not need him or 10 points behind and not need him.
If Hearts are serious about Europe this season getting to a domestic final next season and qualifying for Europe again keeping Lawrence Shankland until his contract runs out is the best way to achieve all that goals ........

in my opinion £750,000 or even £1.5 million doesn't tempt hearts in January never mind this summer

If Hearts are serious about Europe this season getting to a domestic final next season and qualifying for Europe again keeping Lawrence Shankland until his contract runs out is the best way to achieve all that goals ........

in my opinion £750,000 or even £1.5 million doesn't tempt hearts in January never mind this summer

Can’t he do the Webster ruling

refresh my memory please ?

Give notice in the 4th year of a 4 year contract and only have to pay up the value of the final year.

It’s not quite as straightforward as that in real life and I’m not sure any other player has done it.

See Popcorn teeth is about to get the job at Rapid Bucharest, the team that Albion Rrahmani plays for...

This could be interestingo_O

See Popcorn teeth is about to get the job at Rapid Bucharest, the team that Albion Rrahmani plays for...

This could be interestingo_O
Bucharest ain’t knocking back £4 million plus for a striker teams in Romania don’t have a pot tae piss in they finished 6th, 20 goals last season in 19 games and 17 in 25 for Rapid although the standard is very poor he might be worth a punt but not for more that 4-5 million

I think most are resigned that Saturday will be the last time we see Butland for us.

Ideally keep him to see if we make the CL, but no complaints. We are going to get good money

Aye, he’ll be gone and it’ll fund a huge chinch of the rebuild.

Quite funny that I’ve just seen on Brighton account saying the mentally challengeds have quoted them £50 million of O’Riley.

Made me think of the thread on here where folk were falling over themselves to say Butland isn’t worth £21 million :))

Not gonna be signing four or five Scott's. Maybe promote from within but game on Saturday showed the difference shankland can make for us up front. Id still keep dessers as for all the flak he's taken, he's been fit and scored goals. We've many who haven't earned a wage.

I think most are resigned that Saturday will be the last time we see Butland for us.

Ideally keep him to see if we make the CL, but no complaints. We are going to get good money
Last time we'll likely get a massive fee for him. We NEED to sell when the iron's hot.

I trust Clement to replace him. Our GK can't continue to be the only positive player come the end of the season.

Rapid paid 600k for him I doubt he’s on 5k a week, they finished 6th in the Romanian league they won’t exactly be in a position to hold out for more than 4-5 million euros

Hearts valuation to us likely stops it but I saw Shankland miscontrol a ball direct in on goal that would have killed the game at 2-0 on Saturday suggesting that the £4m fee often mooted isn't worth it either.

He'd be a bargain at two million. Score plenty for us and it's not up for debate. Can't keep letting obvious signings going elsewhere and succeeding. If he was foreign with his goals record people be more than happy to sign him.

I don’t know what your expectations of Rangers are. If you are happy with us being solidly second place then Dessers is ‘fine’. If you actually want us to win things, then he is nowhere near ‘fine’.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion of me being happy with 2nd from the point I am making. Dessers will score goals in the league for us as he's shown this season but if someone of better quality is available go and sign them is what I am saying.

Where is the interest coming from for Butland?

I assume he must be moving to be a 1st choice rather than an EPL squad player again.

Back