Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

He's had a 4 month purple patch this season but outside that, and since then his goalscoring is very poor outwith penalties.

Last season he only scored 14 from open play.

Season before 5 from open play.

Season before that again he scored 8 from open play.

Those numbers are worse than you'd have got from a Lewis Moult or similar level striker before this. But Moult wasn't a penalty merchant. Should we have signed him?

Lewis Moult, played 91, scored 39, 14 assists.
Lawrence Shankland, played 101, scored 42, 12 assists.

Shankland has scored only 3 more from open play than Dessers this season despite playing over 1000 minutes more football. Dessers has 6 more assists than him too.

That's nowhere near Rangers striker levels. Dessers is a better player and isn't the answer either, but atleast be works hard, can run and gets assists, closes players down, can play up top on his own and does press.

Fair enough if Shankland was on a free as a backup, is take him. But he also struggles to run and with fitness, would being a sub be any good?
Dessers’ goalscoring is not a problem.
It’s his misses and I don’t mean his wife.

I mean the guy has given you stats that say you are wrong so even if your eye test thinks that, your wrong.

I prefer my striker to score goals and not miss easy chance after chance. Seen on Twitter earlier, shankland has only missed 9 big chances all season, dessers has missed 27…
Where’s the stats about the ground covered ?

You can manipulate stats anyway you want what you can’t manipulate is what you can see with your own eyes.

Let’s leave at that.

I mean the guy has given you stats that say you are wrong so even if your eye test thinks that, your wrong.

I prefer my striker to score goals and not miss easy chance after chance. Seen on Twitter earlier, shankland has only missed 9 big chances all season, dessers has missed 27…
folk keep saying he's blowing out his arse after 30 mins.......guy must be a great striker if he's scoring all those goals when he's gubbed for an hour every game

Sitting here laughing away to myself at people in this thread still saying Shankland isn’t good enough for us.

And for the hard of thinking, we probably need 4 strikers so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that both Shankland and Dessers are in our squad next season.

Danilo
Dessers
Shankland
+1 more

Title winning teams always need at least 4 and we’ll be losing Lammers/Roofe.

Needing it and having the money to sign 2 strikers on top of…

GK
RB
2x LB’s
2x CB’s
2x CM’s
RW

…will remain to be seen.
Well said

Disagree.

Led the line excellently at PH earlier in the year. Better than any of our strikers have in recent years since Morelos back in the Katic game.

Its a myth that Shankland's all round game isnt good. It has improved massively this season too

Defoe and Kemar Roofe, obviously when fit, are both significantly better than Shankland as is Colak and he wasn't good enough either.

Shankland would be a decent squad option but let's not go OTT.

Defoe and Kemar Roofe, obviously when fit, are both significantly better than Shankland as is Colak and he wasn't good enough either.

Shankland would be a decent squad option but let's not go OTT.
How's it going over the top?

31 goals at Hearts is not to be sniffed at

Colak didn't lead the line for us aswell as Shankand did for Hearts against that mob.

No point even talking about Roofe and saying if he's fit. Because he never is. Another myth

Sitting here laughing away to myself at people in this thread still saying Shankland isn’t good enough for us.

And for the hard of thinking, we probably need 4 strikers so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that both Shankland and Dessers are in our squad next season.

Danilo
Dessers
Shankland
+1 more

Title winning teams always need at least 4 and we’ll be losing Lammers/Roofe.

Needing it and having the money to sign 2 strikers on top of…

GK
RB
2x LB’s
2x CB’s
2x CM’s
RW

…will remain to be seen.
See right now, I’d take Shankland in a heartbeat. Another case of Scottish Football snobbery if we turn our nose up at him, or someone like Miovski for that matter, just because he’s not glamorous or European enough (not Miovksi, obviously!)

Shankland would drag his balls over hot coals or even take a night with Lana Wolf to sign for us and play for Rangers. A guy who scores over 50 goals in the last 2/3 seasons, player of the year awards, International striker and a fucking good one into the bargain.

I think it would be an absolute folly from Rangers if we aren’t fully exploring this avenue.

The guy would literally guarantee 30 goals in every season he plays for us given his previous record and the chances we create that Dessers doesn’t take.

I agree also that we would require at least 3 good strikers to keep us going and if Danilo stays fit and Shankland signs, that’s 3 proper goalscorers we would have.

Then it’s time to supplement that with some real, top drawer midfield quality and a couple of proper centre half’s with European experience.

Anything less will see our trophy haul being overtaken and embarrassingly so next season.

I see Popcorn Teeth has been appointed Rapid Bucharest manager, so there goes the chances of us signing that Striker they’ve got.

Whats Romanian for, “Anyone but Rangers?”

Got to be honest, not the best YT reel I've ever seen!! Trust the gaffer with this one if its true.
At least 2-3 penalties given against us and a sending off with our referees contained in that clip. He'll need to adjust his game for sure!

Shankland is an outstanding shout if this was 4 years ago.

Taking a punt on 3/4 scottish players in the spfl would be well worth it. Sitting at 23/24 years old with experience in the league and room to grow. Who is another question

Shankland is a no brainer for under 2 mill as a steady knows the league reliable striker imo.

All depends on who goes I suppose.

I’d shift dessers happily and replace with LS.

I’d be surprised if Celtic aren’t after him as a squad player too,

In all we may shift out 15 or more people and get 12 in.
Big summer
Can't see him playing in front of japanese striker or Norwich striker on loan who I think they will sign permanent
I know you said a squad player

See right now, I’d take Shankland in a heartbeat. Another case of Scottish Football snobbery if we turn our nose up at him, or someone like Miovski for that matter, just because he’s not glamorous or European enough (not Miovksi, obviously!)

Shankland would drag his balls over hot coals or even take a night with Lana Wolf to sign for us and play for Rangers. A guy who scores over 50 goals in the last 2/3 seasons, player of the year awards, International striker and a fucking good one into the bargain.

I think it would be an absolute folly from Rangers if we aren’t fully exploring this avenue.

The guy would literally guarantee 30 goals in every season he plays for us given his previous record and the chances we create that Dessers doesn’t take.

I agree also that we would require at least 3 good strikers to keep us going and if Danilo stays fit and Shankland signs, that’s 3 proper goalscorers we would have.

Then it’s time to supplement that with some real, top drawer midfield quality and a couple of proper centre half’s with European experience.

Anything less will see our trophy haul being overtaken and embarrassingly so next season.
What makes you think he would fit into clements structure and ethos ... I don't think he does as a squad/sub possibly... miovski I'd take not for thr cash sheep want though ... the lad at bucharest if its possible I'd definitely take... our midfield is absolutely honking needs serious investment in at least one player a number 6/dm that can control a game and pass forward... if we can get another box to box on a loan ir bowman great .. definitely 2 cb rb and possibly lb too

Admin should make it a rule for this thread to ban all Shankland chat. It’s been done and done again there can’t possibly be any angle or point left to be raised that hasn’t already been done a hundred times over.

Even if he’s spotted at Ibrox getting fitted for a strip it should be kept in the Shankland thread

Shankland has unreal numbers for a guy playing at Hearts, doesn't mean he'd work at Rangers at the same level and I genuinely still think Hearts could be looking for the same fee as they were in January. His goals will be worth more to Hearts next season than the £1.5-2 million that people assume we'd get him for.
Yet another comment about Shankland that's already been written a thousand times in the last two transfer threads.

People write these Shankland things thinking they are contributing something that we've not heard a million times already. Another year of pages of this stuff

Aye I know I'm a grumpy basket but ffs man:):D

Admin should make it a rule for this thread to ban all Shankland chat. It’s been done and done again there can’t possibly be any angle or point left to be raised that hasn’t already been done a hundred times over.

Even if he’s spotted at Ibrox getting fitted for a strip it should be kept in the Shankland thread
Agree, we need a butt plug type alteration to the word Shankland

A verh talented Dutch U21 defensive midfielder, valued around £3m.

How good would it be to have a holding midfielder who goes in for the ball wholeheartedly and loves a slide tackle?

Get him swapped!

He uses his body well, his clearing headers are very often to teammates, he seems to be quite pacy, he’d allow Sterling to play in his own position.

And he’s probably a project.

What’s not to like ?

Few folk on Twitter claiming the Dutch media touting €8m for Lammers. Must be nonsense, anyone seen reports from it I can’t find a thing.
Yes, but they don't know how to read Dutch and are reading an old article from his PSV days when they sold him to Atalanta. B-D

According to the FC Utrecht technical director, Lammers is on 1.5 million a year at us. :eek:

I wouldn't bank on Clement sticking with that.

He might, but I reckon he picked a system with what he had in this squad in mind rather than it being his absolute preference.
That's how he set his sides up with Brugge and Monaco, so I'd say it's probably likely he'll stick with that.

I wanted Shankland in January as I felt he would’ve given us a boost for the title push.

Now I’m looking for a more dynamic forward if I’m honest.

Wouldn’t mind him at the right price but probably one for January again if he’s still banging them in and his contract is almost up.

A verh talented Dutch U21 defensive midfielder, valued around £3m.

How good would it be to have a holding midfielder who goes in for the ball wholeheartedly and loves a slide tackle?

Get him swapped!

He’s actually a Sassuolo player, but the Dutch have an option to buy.

We need a new "main striker".

Happy for Dessers to leave and Shankland to come in if that's what is to happen but a main striker is a priority.

Neither Shankland can be the main man. We have to bring that guy in.
Lots of the Shankland-obsessed posters actually wanting Shankland AND Dessers at Rangers next season makes a lot of sense. :D

I don't mind signing Shankland for £2m, but it would be to replace Dessers as our 2nd choice.

Nobody can actually want 2 fairly similar strikers that can barely run.

There was nothing to suggest we were after LS in January & there’s nothing to suggest we are now, and rightly so

Back