Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

He has got to go this summer. I can't bear the thought of him coming on for 15 minutes at home to st mirren again.
Well, maybe we need to be the sort of fans that when we want a player gone, we start making YouTube highlights of them rather than slagging them online all the time?

There's not been a video of wright since 2018 from what I can see, and as said, it would probably be easy enough to make one to get other teams fanbases (and the worlds poorest scouting departments) excited about the player. He's not without skill, he just does it too rarely. But edit out 99.9% of what he (hasn't) done n our shirt, and you will probably be left with a 3 minute video that makes him look like a world beater (like this from his Aberdeen days!)

(Seems a player, buttplugs etc)

A double signing inbound? Sofia to pick up Jose Cordoba and then Bucharest for Albion Rrahmani before flying onto London.

Note that the Paris flight was cancelled.

Due in Glasgow this morning…quite the coincidence if it’s not.

IMG-7906.jpg
This thread is so fucking back! :D:D:D

The videos of Cordoba are a bit meh, however I’ve seen multiple twitter analysts & scouting pages (who will have actually watched him on their channels, not on youtube) bigging him up.

I’ll wait and see with this one, but I do trust Koppen.

@RdScouting

- Position: LCB
- Nationality: Panama
- Club: Levski Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Height: 187cm
- Weight: 78kg
- Market Value (per TM): €3M

- Levski Sofia employs a high-pressing and possession-based football style.
- Córdoba operates within the 4-2-3-1 system, often resembling the role of a LCB in a back-3 formation.
- He showcases offensive contributions when pressed by the opposition through carries and penetrative passes.

Strengths

- Speed, physical strength, and ‘Rest Defence’ in a high defensive line, making him effective at closing down outlets.
- Solid on-ball skills. Brings expansive passing range, retention, and verticality to build-up play.
- Displays defensive and aerial prowess, tends to jump on the opponent when the latter loses the ball.

Weaknesses

- Disciplinary issues, led by apparent lack of tackling technique, and understanding of when/how to tackle.
- In order to be reliable on-ball in the future, he must work on his first-touch.

For me, he’s an extremely interesting prospect, who could make sense for many clubs in the T7 leagues, especially when his contract runs out in 2025.

Yet, all of this depends, however, on his progress this season, and particularly, concerning the weaknesses mentioned.

@RdScouting

- Córdoba operates within the 4-2-3-1 system, often resembling the role of a LCB in a back-3 formation.
- He showcases offensive contributions when pressed by the opposition through carries and penetrative passes.

Strengths

- Speed, physical strength, and ‘Rest Defence’ in a high defensive line, making him effective at closing down outlets.
- Solid on-ball skills. Brings expansive passing range, retention, and verticality to build-up play.
- Displays defensive and aerial prowess, tends to jump on the opponent when the latter loses the ball.

Weaknesses

- Disciplinary issues, led by apparent lack of tackling technique, and understanding of when/how to tackle.
- In order to be reliable on-ball in the future, he must work on his first-touch.

For me, he’s an extremely interesting prospect, who could make sense for many clubs in the T7 leagues, especially when his contract runs out in 2025.

Yet, all of this depends, however, on his progress this season, and particularly, concerning the weaknesses mentioned.
Scottish refs will love that if he has a questionable first touch followed by a bad tackling technique!

@RdScouting

Strengths

Weaknesses

Sounds very promising. A red card waiting to happen perhaps with the Scottish refs. I wonder if he will get the Ryan Jack/ Alfredo treatment from them.

He can work on his touch etc in our league because if he is powerful and dominant etc he will be more than adequate and at 22 has a massive upside

@RdScouting

Strengths

Weaknesses

Nice to see us signing a player to play in his own position within a specific system and role he’ll play in.

Having A centre half with recovery pace is gonna be nice as well.

Assume he’s left footed?

Well, maybe we need to be the sort of fans that when we want a player gone, we start making YouTube highlights of them rather than slagging them online all the time?

There's not been a video of wright since 2018 from what I can see, and as said, it would probably be easy enough to make one to get other teams fanbases (and the worlds poorest scouting departments) excited about the player. He's not without skill, he just does it too rarely. But edit out 99.9% of what he (hasn't) done n our shirt, and you will probably be left with a 3 minute video that makes him look like a world beater (like this from his Aberdeen days!)

(Seems a player, buttplugs etc)
See we know the majority of those goals look like they are against Partick thistle and other pish teams.

That’s the problem with any of these videos, we don’t know the quality of opposition all these fancy moves are against. Imagine they are also pish though

Cordoba looks to fit the type of profile we need for a centre half in Scottish football. Strong and good in the air with some ability on the ball. He seems to be highly regarded in Bulgaria and his data is good, that should have a far higher influence on peoples opinions than a youtube video. He'll be playing in the Copa America this summer too.

@RdScouting

Strengths

Weaknesses

Rest Defence’ in a high defensive line, making him effective at closing down outlets.

All sounds good but... Wtf does this part mean? :D

Cordoba started out being linked for 2m and now it’s up to 4m. Rrahmani started out being linked at 1.5m and now it’s up at 6.8m. TF is going on :D. Surely we aren’t spending 8 figures on a Kosovan and Panamanian from the Balkan leagues haha.

Backroom changes coming too? Just got a text saying Rae, Gilmour and some of the medical staff are leaving.
Could well believe it and expect it was decided weeks ago.

I get the feeling they would both have been popular among the players and that them leaving won't have went down well.

IF it's for the greater good then so be it.

Rrahmani looked good in the YouTube video of him I watched.
I'm no scout obviously, however the quality of the defending and goalkeeping looks pretty low. It's unlikely he will get anywhere near the time and space he did in those clips while playing for us.

Happy to be wrong, and he might not even be signing, but I'm not feeling it.

@RdScouting

Strengths

Weaknesses

A left sided Katic that can play from the back, I'm balls deep in this one :))

Last edited:
Back