Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It reads to me as if Barron is looking at moves abroad hence why us (or them) aren’t really linked.
I presumed he would have signed a contract already but haven't heard any substantial rumours apart from Swansea.

Hoping it's all been kept hush because he's coming to us, but in reality I don't see Koppen caring about Scottish lads.

I'm no scout obviously, however the quality of the defending and goalkeeping looks pretty low. It's unlikely he will get anywhere near the time and space he did in those clips while playing for us.

Happy to be wrong, and he might not even be signing, but I'm not feeling it.
What kind of league did miovski come from before he came here?

I watched a good portion of the Sofia game at the weekend and the picks up on Cordoba are he is a natural left footer and can find long passes with it bang on the money.

the goal they lost was interesting, Sofia were pressing heavy with the ball with the opposition goalkeeper and a few passes later the ball is clean through on Sofia's goal. The runner came from behind Cordoba, who had read the play but he was caught wrong side of the player and would need to have fouled him to stop him, but the Sofia left back should have followed the runner.

He likes to the take the ball to feet, seems comfortable enough but I wouldn't say he looks all that comfortable when he is getting pressed but doesn't panic.

100% the replacement for Davies.

Who is the big striker everyone is talking about?
I see people are saying Barron is going to Italy. Good luck to him. I think if any young Scottish player has the opportunity to leave Scotland and play in Italy, Spain, France they should take it. It will develop them leaps and bounds as a player but also as a person. It will completely change their outlook living in a different environment, different attitudes.

12 players is probably about right. I said we need 12 last year but we feel short of that, but at the same time made some howlers in the transfer market. Dowell, how many games did he actually play this season. Lammers, disaster. Dessers hit and miss but overall miss. Danilo, injured nearly the full season. Butland, Sima and Sterling out of 9 signings by Beale can be considered a success but I wouldn't consider Sima because he is not our player and he was out for 30% of the season at the most crucial time.

Our success rate with these 12 players needs to be 80% and above and they need to be remain fit. We cannot have the same injury issues we had this season. No team can handle that level of injuries. Look at Man U and Liverpool as prime examples. Key players gone and their season just fell apart. No consistency in selection.

It is.

I genuinely was expecting 7/8 at a push with some even being retained.

However last few days I’m starting to think he’s getting rid of a few we would not expect.

It’s needing done.
I suspect it’s probably around 8 first team players with 4 squad type players I would imagine.

What kind of league did miovski come from before he came here?

He came from the team that finished bottom in Hungary that season, albeit one of the bigger and better known clubs in Hungary. There's good talent in NB1.

I'd argue that the Hungarian League is of a better all round standard than the Romanian League. More stability, at least, and better performances by Hungarian sides in Europe of late too. Neither of those leagues are as overtly physical or as fast-paced as Scottish football can be. Didn't bother Miovski.

My mate just text me there a guy from Czech league Pavel Sulc. No idea where he got his info from tbf could be nothing.
15 goals, 5 assists last season, attacking midfielder. Rated at 5 million on transfer market so will cost a fair bit more than that given transfer market usually undersell their market ratings.

I watched a good portion of the Sofia game at the weekend and the picks up on Cordoba are he is a natural left footer and can find long passes with it bang on the money.

the goal they lost was interesting, Sofia were pressing heavy with the ball with the opposition goalkeeper and a few passes later the ball is clean through on Sofia's goal. The runner came from behind Cordoba, who had read the play but he was caught wrong side of the player and would need to have fouled him to stop him, but the Sofia left back should have followed the runner.

He likes to the take the ball to feet, seems comfortable enough but I wouldn't say he looks all that comfortable when he is getting pressed but doesn't panic.

100% the replacement for Davies.
Sounds like he'll slot right in if he's already playing with left backs that don't follow their runners

Who is the big striker everyone is talking about?
I see people are saying Barron is going to Italy. Good luck to him. I think if any young Scottish player has the opportunity to leave Scotland and play in Italy, Spain, France they should take it. It will develop them leaps and bounds as a player but also as a person. It will completely change their outlook living in a different environment, different attitudes.

12 players is probably about right. I said we need 12 last year but we feel short of that, but at the same time made some howlers in the transfer market. Dowell, how many games did he actually play this season. Lammers, disaster. Dessers hit and miss but overall miss. Danilo, injured nearly the full season. Butland, Sima and Sterling out of 9 signings by Beale can be considered a success but I wouldn't consider Sima because he is not our player and he was out for 30% of the season at the most crucial time.

Our success rate with these 12 players needs to be 80% and above and they need to be remain fit. We cannot have the same injury issues we had this season. No team can handle that level of injuries. Look at Man U and Liverpool as prime examples. Key players gone and their season just fell apart. No consistency in selection.

There has been talk about the striker Albion Rrahmani. Pure speculation, as far as I know.

Obligatory youtube video.

Had a quick look, looks not a bad player and has 2 years left on his contract so i’d imagine Victoria Plzen will be looking to cash in

I appreciate he's only 23 but my concern would be the amount of loans he's had suggesting he's never nailed down a place

Rrahmani, jefte, cordoba, mofoekeng and cortes back on loan seem to be the more solid rumours currently so thats 5 of the mentioned 12 already if true. Hopefully things move at pace after the cup final with the OOC and loan players leaving. Sounding more hopeful we might actually finally see a proper rebuild.

my fear is if we bring 12 players in, it’ll take time to gel.

As a support, we've got to realise that you can't demand wholesale changes to the team. Yet, still expect it all to gel inside of pre-season. If we're incredibly lucky, the majority of them will hit the ground running, but there's going to be a few that take time to adapt or settle. It's the cost of doing so terribly in the window the last several transfer windows in a row.

We can't demand we get rid of the entire core of the side that's played for us for years and expect it to be a seamless transition. I know plenty of folk are going to, though, but people should be prepared for it.

Back