Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

He is looks very good in the clips but also has a very consistent scoring record including a lot of goals in Europe.

It seems the poster was right about the interest, hopefully he is right that the deal is well down the road.
With the guy saying his mate saw Koppen at Bucharest airport and now our interest being confirmed as "strong" you'd imagine that it's well down the road like you've said. Hopefully Koppen was over for talks with the player and his agent.

The 15 out will be harder than the 12 in i fear, and i hope it doesn't inhibit the 12 in.
Mclaughlin OOC
Borna OOC
Jack OOC
Lundstram OOC
Roofe OOC
Balogun OOC
Silva End of Loan
Sima End of Loan
Davies
King
Lammers
Hagi
Wright

That’s 12 straight away and with the exception of Sima who we hopefully keep, none of them leaving would really affect the squad negatively IMO. I also think he will try to sell Lawrence or Raskin (or both). Yilmaz has his suitors as well. I think it’ll actually be pretty easy to lose 15, and a good 11/12 of them you wouldn’t even notice as they are either on loan, perma injured or don’t contribute. That’s before rumours of Tav, Goldson, Butland leaving are taken into consideration.

Yeah, the most obvious ones could be Lammers & Hagi - I agree after that its tough.

Cortes an obvious other in your first group.

So we would need six out of say :

Hagi
Lammers
Cifuentes

Matondo
Goldson
Davies
Raskin
Ridvan
Dessers
Wright
Tavernier

Just my thoughts on the pool that 6 would come from, others would differ, but i agree on your two most likely & would add Cifuentes to that. Then it gets more difficult to shift them.

Mclaughlin OOC
Borna OOC
Jack OOC
Lundstram OOC
Roofe OOC
Balogun OOC
Silva End of Loan
Sima End of Loan
Davies
King
Lammers
Hagi
Wright

That’s 12 straight away and with the exception of Sima who we hopefully keep, none of them leaving would really affect the squad negatively IMO. I also think he will try to sell Lawrence or Raskin (or both). Yilmaz has his suitors as well. I think it’ll actually be pretty easy to lose 15, and a good 11/12 of them you wouldn’t even notice as they are either on loan, perma injured or don’t contribute. That’s before rumours of Tav, Goldson, Butland leaving are taken into consideration.

Yes, i had also ignored Leon & Lawrence in my thinking, wrongly, SB.

i can see an easy 12, it's just those other few that are on good contracts that they wont get elsewhere.

Cliche time

Assuming it’s minimum 12 it’s now crucial more than ever it’s a roasting success on the vast majority.

We then can’t have a manager turnaround with a squad full of someones players contracted up the gazooo

A massive massive summer

Truth be told, if those numbers are correct. Unless something truly catastrophic happens regarding Clement, he should get a full season. We can't afford to make that many changes and only give him a couple of months to figure it out.

Beale had less of a grace period, but I'd wager the fact he kept the majority of the old guard around was one of the bigger reasons the support flipped on him so quickly.

Has there usually been this many players linked at this time of the year?

This summer could be a record number of pages for a transfer thread on here.
It's a field day for social media and news outlets.

Everyone knows our turnover of players is going to be big this window so it's easy to throw a load of names out there in the hope that one or two are correct and become exclusives/ITK

Truth be told, if those numbers are correct. Unless something truly catastrophic happens regarding Clement, he should get a full season. We can't afford to make that many changes and only give him a couple of months to figure it out.

Beale had less of a grace period, but I'd wager the fact he kept the majority of the old guard around was one of the bigger reasons the support flipped on him so quickly.
Reading between the lines, i think Clement and his job of rebuilding the team is looked at as a long term appointment. Obviously things can change quickly in football though.

If Chris Jack is right and it's 12 players(and let's think how mental that even is considering we have spent over THIRTY MILLION POUNDS in the past two years to get in this state) then it says to me that means Clement is not messing around or half arseing this. This is all in stuff.

This squad is finally receiving the sort of treatment it shoud've got two years ago.

I don't think there will be any of the big dog players left at Ibrox come September.

Tav, Goldson, Cantwell, Butland, Lundstram - I expect them all to be gone at this rate for a variety of reasons.

Yes, i had also ignored Leon & Lawrence in my thinking, wrongly, SB.

i can see an easy 12, it's just those other few that are on good contracts that they wont get elsewhere.
I think Davies would be hardest to shift as he will be on good money, we would probably need to take a big hit on his fee.
Wright I can see us doing a deal with Kilmarnock or similar, on loan for a season and pay half his wages as part of a swap deal for another Scottish player.
Lammers I think we will be able to sell as he’s ripped it up for Utrecht to be fair to him.
Hagi is a weird one, I really don’t know where we stand with him anymore, he said he’s like to stay in Spain but don’t even know his value anymore.

If Chris Jack is right and it's 12 players(and let's think how mental that even is considering we have spent over THIRTY MILLION POUNDS in the past two years to get in this state) then says to me that means Clement is not messing around or half arseing this. This is all in stuff.

This squad is finally receiving the sort of treatment it shoud've got two years ago.

I don't think there will be any of the big dog players left at Ibrox come September.

Tav, Goldson, Cantwell, Butland, Lundstram - I expect them all to be gone at this rate for a variety of reasons.
I hope so.

If Chris Jack is right and it's 12 players(and let's think how mental that even is considering we have spent over THIRTY MILLION POUNDS in the past two years to get in this state) then says to me that means Clement is not messing around or half arseing this. This is all in stuff.

Let’s hope you’re right. Butland only because he is a sellable asset that will command a decent fee. The rest need moved on along with many others.

I think Davies would be hardest to shift as he will be on good money, we would probably need to take a big hit on his fee.
Wright I can see us doing a deal with Kilmarnock or similar, on loan for a season and pay half his wages as part of a swap deal for another Scottish player.
Lammers I think we will be able to sell as he’s ripped it up for Utrecht to be fair to him.
Hagi is a weird one, I really don’t know where we stand with him anymore, he said he’s like to stay in Spain but don’t even know his value anymore.

Lammers, Hagi, Cifuentes i do think will go.

Where will Ianis go & for how much ? As you say, a weird one SB. i cant see us not losing money on that one. £3m at best is my fear for him.

If Chris Jack is right and it's 12 players(and let's think how mental that even is considering we have spent over THIRTY MILLION POUNDS in the past two years to get in this state) then it says to me that means Clement is not messing around or half arseing this. This is all in stuff.

Next Captain could be very interesting if you're right cos I don't see who'd be left that you'd consider. Sterling possibly

With the guy saying his mate saw Koppen at Bucharest airport and now our interest being confirmed as "strong" you'd imagine that it's well down the road like you've said. Hopefully Koppen was over for talks with the player and his agent.
When I seen that tweet and it mentioned that Koppen was on a BA fight to London, I had a check of the departures from Bucharest expecting to see no BA flights to London that morning but there actually was, so it checked out.

I'd rather try to win the league with a whole new squad than attempting to win it with the current core of players.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Even if we don't win the league next season all we want to see is progress in the 1st season with a full new team, if we build a really good team who beat them a few times next season but don't win the league but then go onto win 3 leagues in a row then that's what we want.

Progress and an identity is the main thing here, it might take 2 or 3 windows but it also could happen in one window, its not impossible.

Last edited:
Back