Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.
We were also linked with him in January, highly rated when he moved to Monaco and would have played under Clement

I’d hold back on that just now.

We’ve been linked within loads, looks like definites with Jefte and Cordoba, but there’s a long way to go.

I don’t think the club could afford to be seen chasing 3/4/5 players in the last week this time around though.
Hold back on what mate?
Folk will dive in to this two footed, but if we sre signing 12+ players - we need to bring in players who are die hards. Oli McBurnie types. Not him but players like him, who live and breath Rangers. (Only better than McBurnie :)))

If we have 12 foreigners then we are cooked because that’s how you develop a culture that doesn’t really care about losing - like we have now.

In fact this squad are more concerned about the backlash they receive from losing than actually losing.
One of the most glaring things we've failed to do is replace Scott Arfield. Not just as a goalscoring midfielder, but certainly that is a major issue, but as a person. Rangers to the core, a leader, and obsessed with our standards. Him booting Brown in the air at that drop ball is something nobody in our current squad even thinks about.

No more imperative than any other season but when building a new squad there has to be some patience, doesn't look like you will have any though.
They go level with us on 55 if they win next season. A number of our other records will be matched or bettered at that point too (total trophies etc). Head to head stats. How patient do you think 50,000 bears in Ibrox will be?

Hold back on what mate?

One of the most glaring things we've failed to do is replace Scott Arfield. Not just as a goalscoring midfielder, but certainly that is a major issue, but as a person. Rangers to the core, a leader, and obsessed with our standards. Him booting Brown in the air at that drop ball is something nobody in our current squad even thinks about.

That Pavel Sulc guy mentioned a few pages ago seems on limited clips to be very much an Arfield type.

They go level with us on 55 if they win next season. A number of our other records will be matched or bettered at that point too (total trophies etc). Head to head stats. How patient do you think 50,000 bears in Ibrox will be?

we started way off them this season and even with a depleted squad we managed to get into a place where we should have won it

remove the loser mentality we see at the end of each season and even a slow start can be overcome

Re Boadu. Twente look like they want lammers to replace him. And Feyenoord were said to want him to replace Danilo last summer. Monaco were said to want about 14 million off Feyenoord for Boadu and they pulled out. This was a year ago but he still might be expensive. Loan to buy maybe? @LaRabbie
I think thats the model. Nominal fee I'd say as a bit of a project - age on his side though. £2m was the number getting flung about but that was a bit of educated speculation.

We've got ourselves in such a mess that them overtaking us is inevitable (at least temporarily), that was always going to happen when we got binned to division 3.

The main thing we have to do now is start making the right moves in the transfer window and build a team capable of winning the league eventually, if that doesnt happen next season but does the season afterwards, then thats acceptable. We cant just keep binning managers and overhauling the entire squad every few seasons. The entire club need to start getting it right or we're fkd.

This idea that we need fans in the squad to instill a winning mentality is utter nonsense. If Clement wants to win titles as much as I think he does, he will be instilling that mentality himself with players he know will take to it.
That’s done my brain in for years. Bayer Leverkusen don’t need fans in their side to go unbeaten and win the league,why do rangers??? Every professional player in Europe will know the size of our club and the demands that are placed on them should they come here. The need rangers men thing is mental.

Lundstram going
Goldson likely also

Tavernier could be the only one of the leadership group left. And even at that, this could be a season that sees him phased out.
No way will Tav be "phased out" in terms of games he plays mate, but even although I'm one of his biggest fans, I would still be very happy for us to sign a new captain.

Finding one with a proven track record of success who would be able to handle the job of galvanising us though is an entirely different matter.

No more imperative than any other season but when building a new squad there has to be some patience, doesn't look like you will have any though.
The only things that are imperative next season are that we are close to them, have won a cup and have picked up points in old firm games with a squad that looks full of improvement and promise for the season after. To be looking like we are heading in the right direction and have some sellable assets. We've been that bad this season (start, end and old firms) that we can drastically improve next season without managing to win the league yet again. Celtic will improve as well. And if we do improve despite not winning the league next season but look like we are heading in a good direction there's no chance we are just going to rip it all up, sack Clement and start over again. Why would we. This is another massive rebuild and it might not happen over night.

I really don't care about past records i only care about what happens in the future and winning trophies.

The head to head is going to flip back and fourth over the coming years.

Its much more important that we get a decent team built and build up sellable assets and make money doing so.

Re Boadu. Twente look like they want lammers to replace him. And Feyenoord were said to want him to replace Danilo last summer. Monaco were said to want about 14 million off Feyenoord for Boadu and they pulled out. This was a year ago but he still might be expensive. Loan to buy maybe? @LaRabbie

I think 14m was what Monaco paid for him, so that may be the basis.

Value has dropped significantly per transfermarket ( i know ) but he's still 23yo, quick & seems reasonably strong & aware.

Dont see us being interested unless its less than half of that 14m euros ?

Upon the expiry of which he will leave for nowt.

He more than quadrupled his wages coming to Rangers and he won't get those anywhere else.

He's going to be hanging about all next season....

A microcosm of Rangers mismanagement and financial incompetence.
I look forward to his 2 goal contributions in 30 games

I really don't care about past records i only care about what happens in the future and winning trophies.

The head to head is going to flip back and fourth over the coming years.

Its much more important that we get a decent team built and build up sellable assets and make money doing so.
Ditto. Pretty much what I just wrote back to you a minute ago.

I think 14m was what Monaco paid for him, so that may be the basis.

Value has dropped significantly per transfermarket ( i know ) but he's still 23yo, quick & seems reasonably strong & aware.

Dont see us being interested unless its less than half of that 14m euros ?
Aye and even that would be a Push you would think.

That’s done my brain in for years. Bayer Leverkusen don’t need fans in their side to go unbeaten and win the league,why do rangers??? Every professional player in Europe will know the size of our club and the demands that are placed on them should they come here. The need rangers men thing is mental.
its players with the right attitude and mentality we need

We've got ourselves in such a mess that them overtaking us is inevitable (at least temporarily), that was always going to happen when we got binned to division 3.

The main thing we have to do now is start making the right moves in the transfer window and build a team capable of winning the league eventually, if that doesnt happen next season but does the season afterwards, then thats acceptable. We cant just keep binning managers and overhauling the entire squad every few seasons. The entire club need to start getting it right or we're fkd.

Agree, long term is what matters, but i do hope Phil gives himself different tactical options to the 4231.

I’m a bit worried at us making too many changes and bringing in too many not from our league.

Given the aboslute paucity of what's left in this squad, I'm not fussed about any of them leaving. It'd be almost impossible to switch 15 of them and end up worse off given their injuries, general inability or high wages as an overall squad come the end of the window.

You're either going to have better players, more fit players or at worst, if the squad isn't that much better, more cash up your sleeve to improve things going forward.

Bin them all as far as I'm concerned. There's about 5 max I'd miss and one of them is a boy, one is a loan, one is a keeper we might cash in on and the other is so far a utility player who might come good in a main role.

I'd not lose sleep over another 25 of them leaving

Last edited:
Back