Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.

Heard we have watched him a few times. One of the 12 players we are looking to bring in i believe

If we lose this Saturday and lose the first OF next season there’ll be a lot of fans calling for Clements head. We all know what comes next
I know that will happen which makes his task even more difficult but for me he has to get all of next season regardless, hopefully this doesn't happen but it may well be that we don't start the season well but then after the winter break we have a really strong second half of the campaign and everyone can see we are progressing.

Saturday really is huge in terms taking some of that heat off for next season.

Last edited:
Personally I’d be wary of a lot of rumours on this thread so far.

Also, this happens every summer. A loose rumour and people think it’s fact and go mental when it doesn’t happen. Who was the striker last year again? The boy from Serbia or similar? Absolutely no truth in it whatsoever but everyone on here thought it was happening.
I'll take a loose rumour over a suggestion that snowballs into a rumour after 10 pages, lol.

Way to kill the thread and get it back to arguments over the merits of Shankland, the 4231 formation, loser this loser that in the build up to the cup final, wasn't so and so's hair magnificent in the 80's etc. Could at least have given us a few more hours before putting out the fire @Empire. B-)

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.
Played at Monaco when Clement was there.

Truth be told, if those numbers are correct. Unless something truly catastrophic happens regarding Clement, he should get a full season. We can't afford to make that many changes and only give him a couple of months to figure it out.

Beale had less of a grace period, but I'd wager the fact he kept the majority of the old guard around was one of the bigger reasons the support flipped on him so quickly.
I don't think it turning quickly on Beale had to do with keeping the old guard. We were just horrible to watch from the start of pre-season because of Beale's decisions, in the transfer market and tactically. The guy bombed out all of our width where the only survivors were the wingers we couldn't shift and then after a couple of weeks into the season starting, was scrambling to find any pace in the team because he knew he fucked it. Anyone is going to turn quickly when you were dealing with the level of incompetence that was shown to start the season.

As you said Clement should get the full season unless him and Koppen make the same mistakes Beale did last summer which i think they are smart enough to avoid. Some of the data is quite supportive of Clement even if we aren't the easiest team on the eye to watch and he's doing it with the worst Rangers squad since the mess Gerrard inherited. Give Clement a season or two to build an actual well balanced squad instead of this unbalanced mess it currently is and we will be in a much better position.

Also, this happens every summer. A loose rumour and people think it’s fact and go mental when it doesn’t happen. Who was the striker last year again? The boy from Serbia or similar? Absolutely no truth in it whatsoever but everyone on here thought it was happening.
I think most of know how this works, and given the expected turnover of players, realise there will be dozens of names linked. However tenuously.

Most of us will not claim to have been "lied to" (as one poster put it) if a deal doesn't come off!

You aware that some of the names being thrown around are nonsense or just being reserved on believing them?

Something to keep us all amused. We haven't had much recently

Unless we have a load of players already lined up with deals to go then most of these rumours are probably just agent talk. We have spent a consistent amount each summer window of around £15m the last few years and nothing major has changed financially.

£4.5m is already lined up for Dio so I think the most we are spending is another £15m on top of that. If its really 12 players we have ready to go then they are either very low cost or we have deals ready to sell at least 10 in the current squad.

Born in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Boadu is of Ghanaian descent.[2] He joined the AZ academy in 2013. In 2018 he made his competitive debut for the club in an Eredivisie match against PEC Zwolle.

After struggling with long-term injuries, Boadu established himself as a regular in the AZ starting eleven during the 2019–20 season. He joined Monaco in 2021.

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif
Mate this is one of the best posts ive ever seen on here :))

I don't think people are calling for his head as such.

I think people are - rightly - starting to scrutinise, but with the caveat that they realise he needs to be allowed do his stuff in the summer before he can be properly judged.
There’s definitely also people wanting him sacked, no question.

Had a disagreement with a poster yesterday who has already decided all our summer signings will be shite, we will get pumped out the CL qualifiers, pumped off Celtic and Clement will be gone by October…..

I’d hate being that miserable

I don't think people are calling for his head as such.

I think people are - rightly - starting to scrutinise, but with the caveat that they realise he needs to be allowed do his stuff in the summer before he can be properly judged.
Don’t want to drag this on as it’s the transfer thread.

But in the match thread when 2-0 to Dundee people were posting about gathering at the doors after the game.

Anyway

Wouldn’t be opposed to Cantwell going tbh.

Would likely get a decent fee for him and in all honesty he’s done more talking on social media than he has on the pitch since he got here.
He’s a scapegoat because of his social media antics. I’m 50/50 with him
its players with the right attitude and mentality we need
100% bud. Its a winning mentality that’s required.

Squad needs ripped up. New defence, midfield and attack.

Worried at us making too many changes.

We have no other option than to obliterate this squad. The ones out of contract - all of them. Davies, Tavernier, Goldson, Lammers, Hagi, Dessers, Matondo, Lawrence, Dowell. If there is an option to move them on, do it.

Cantwell, Butland and Ridvan too as they are sellable assets and in Ridvan's case. A player that has played less than half the games since joining due to injuries. Would rather keep Butland but if it tops up the transfer budget, so be it.

I often feel this thread runs in a completely different direction to reality, it’s fun, there’s names but rarely do any of the names come to fruition

Then grown men lose their shit that these made up links don’t develop into signings

Long may it continue :D

I've a feeling this transfer thread is going to be the best in a long time. Exciting times ahead.

There’s definitely also people wanting him sacked, no question.

Had a disagreement with a poster yesterday who has already decided all our summer signings will be shite, we will get pumped out the CL qualifiers, pumped off Celtic and Clement will be gone by October…..

I’d hate being that miserable

Unbelievable
Why do they even support Rangers?

Squad needs ripped up. New defence, midfield and attack.

Worried at us making too many changes.

We have no other option than to obliterate this squad. The ones out of contract - all of them. Davies, Tavernier, Goldson, Lammers, Hagi, Dessers, Matondo, Lawrence, Dowell. If there is an option to move them on, do it.

Cantwell, Butland and Ridvan too as they are sellable assets and in Ridvan's case. A player that has played less than half the games since joining due to injuries. Would rather keep Butland but if it tops up the transfer budget, so be it.
It’s a big risk, no question, huge changes and upheaval can take a good amount of time to settle again, but as you say, it’s probably required.

Should have been a gradual process over the last 2 years, sadly our last few windows have been less than stellar, to put it mildly.

I'd be more worried if we had to go into another season with most of the team we have so I'd rather take time to gel than watch the same old.
As would I.

However you absolutely know what our support is like. If we make a slow start due to the upheaval, fall behind the beggars and don’t make the CL, the howls from people for Clement to go will be deafening, even more so if we lose on Saturday.

If we are making huge changes then the board absolutely have to see it through and ignore the noise.

On Open Goal they were discussing McInnes for the Hibs job and Kevin Kyle said he should hang around because if Clement loses the first Old Firm next year at Celtic Park then he'll be a shoe in for the Rangers job.
And just like that, Kevin Kyle has done his job of making people talk about their little podcast.

Back