Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.
Would clement have signed him for Monaco?

On Open Goal they were discussing McInnes for the Hibs job and Kevin Kyle said he should hang around because if Clement loses the first Old Firm next year at Celtic Park then he'll be a shoe in for the Rangers job.
That’s that then a guy that can’t pronounce potential properly has spoken we all listen haha

- high hopes initially but potential never quite materialised (yet, anyway)
- couple of half decent scoring spells in Holland (the best of which was over 3 years ago)
- injury record
- 11 league goals in the last 3 seasons

As Rangers signings go (in particular when it comes to strikers) this lad ticks a lot of boxes.

There’s definitely also people wanting him sacked, no question.

Had a disagreement with a poster yesterday who has already decided all our summer signings will be shite, we will get pumped out the CL qualifiers, pumped off Celtic and Clement will be gone by October…..

I’d hate being that miserable
Some will want him sacked now so that they don't lose face.

Squad needs ripped up. New defence, midfield and attack.

Worried at us making too many changes.

We have no other option than to obliterate this squad. The ones out of contract - all of them. Davies, Tavernier, Goldson, Lammers, Hagi, Dessers, Matondo, Lawrence, Dowell. If there is an option to move them on, do it.

Cantwell, Butland and Ridvan too as they are sellable assets and in Ridvan's case. A player that has played less than half the games since joining due to injuries. Would rather keep Butland but if it tops up the transfer budget, so be it.
Worried we dont have cash for a rebuild.

Worried we are moving on too many players.

Worried we are keeping the old guard.

Worried we only sign boring english players.

Worried we are signing guys we dont know from abroad.

If we could get Sima, he’s so effective across the front line that I’d agree we’d be able to go with 3 plus him. Scale of the rebuild is massive - it’s a minimum 12 I think.
Even if we manage to sign 12 players…..

3-4 will become starters
3-4 will play a few matches here and there and be no more than squad players
The rest will fade into obscurity, out on loans then leaving within a year for undisclosed fees

- high hopes initially but potential never quite materialised (yet, anyway)
- couple of half decent scoring spells in Holland (the best of which was over 3 years ago)
- injury record
- 11 league goals in the last 3 seasons

As Rangers signings go (in particular when it comes to strikers) this lad ticks a lot of boxes.
You could easily be describing the guy we're trying to offload to Utrecht... :oops:

Won't prejudge him if we do bring him in, but very wary of the 'fixer upper' type signings we've been trying for the past few years.

You could easily be describing the guy we're trying to offload to Utrecht... :oops:

Won't prejudge him if we do bring him in, but very wary of the 'fixer upper' type signings we've been trying for the past few years.
Exactly. In theory, I totally get the logic of getting decent deals for guys whose potential has maybe stalled and trying to get them there etc.

In practice though, we have far too few success stories with it.

Not from the guaranteed money standpoint we don't.

Next year's league winners aren't guaranteed champs league football. Must qualify after 24/25 season.

It was this season that was imperative.
I think the league winners not getting automatically into the champions league will see us in the next few years after winning league titles move away from them, they have been fortunate in that we have gifted titles and champions league places.
After next season they will really struggle for European money, a few league wins for us and the money they have will be burned through.

For what it's worth we can still get into the champions league this season and I always believe we will win the qualifiers.

The work is cut out but we have the right man for job. We will not see the debacle dealings of the last two Summers.

I've a feeling this transfer window is going to be the best in a long time. Exciting times ahead.
Exactly mate. We are long due a bit of luck in the transfer market. Fingers crossed this window is the window we see the squad rid of the dross and some much needed quality coming in.

As you say not going to be easy though I think the board and manager both know its time to push forward.

Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
He will be club trained as well, so basically the only option if McCrorie is leaving really.

Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
How many homegrown players do we need to meet the criteria?

Exactly mate. We are long due a bit of luck in the transfer market. Fingers crossed this window is the window we see the squad rid of the dross and some much needed quality coming in.

As you say not going to be easy though I think the board and manager both know its time to push forward.
It's not luck - Gio lacked drive and let others call the shots. Beale was utterly clueless. We really shouldn't have been surprised at what unfolded.

Clement is motivated, experienced and will have a tonne of contacts across Europe. He knows exactly what's needed and will long ago have lined up targets.

His Rangers side next season is quite the prospect.

Fxjdf-uXwAQO8oj.png

Not a fan of Kelly but McCrorrie can’t be backup his whole life. And the UEFA rules mean it’s easiest to just sign him for the homegrown quota.

Will be on less wages than J Mc you’d think.

The work is cut out but we have the right man for job. We will not see the debacle dealings of the last two Summers.

I've a feeling this transfer window is going to be the best in a long time. Exciting times ahead.
I have to say last year was the same I seen all the players lined up to come and thought we will win the league this year after reading all the good comments on all the new players..it lastes four weeks.

Back