Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It's not luck - Gio lacked drive and let others call the shots. Beale was utterly clueless. We really shouldn't have been surprised at what unfolded.

Clement is motivated, experienced and will have a tonne of contacts across Europe. He knows exactly what's needed and will long ago have lined up targets.

His Rangers side next season is quite the prospect.
Fingers crossed all goes well. I just want to see effort and fight in our new team. And of course some quality.

It will be a breath of fresh air not seeing some of the players that let us down when the going gets tough. Some players have stayed here for far too long.

Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
Yeah i think the last line gets it in one no way is he our starter next year even if Big Jack leaves

Would Kelly really want to come here as back up, I know he’s said to be a Rangers fan but he’s experienced first team football so he might want to continue with that.

Anyone whinging at Kelly is genuinely off their rocker - unless you know any other Scottish keepers on a free that we should sign?

Homegrown backup to Butland, has been at the club before so I'm sure that should enthuse those who are longing for 'Scottish Rangers fans who know the league and know what it means!'

Makes sense to me.

Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
Surely can only be a back up. We are fucked if he is replacing Butland.

Agree - but if McCrorie is off then it also makes this a no brainer. free transfer to meet club trained quota for europe, backup goalkeepers majority of time are wasted registration spaces so why not use it for a home grown place too...
If it’s just to meet a quota, with no intention of playing them, surely there’s boys in the academy that could make up the space? Wright has been in match day squads I’m sure.

Kelly just seems like a signing for the sake of a signing.

No but in terms of wages. We’ll only sign another keeper if Butland leaves. If RM leaves then we’ll just use Wright or something as third choice.
I'd rather just have a youngster to replace McLaughlin as the 3rd choice. Did McLaughlin even play a minute this season? Use the wages elsewhere in the squad.

Would Kelly really want to come here as back up, I know he’s said to be a Rangers fan but he’s experienced first team football so he might want to continue with that.
He is a bit older now and we would likely double his salary. Plus he supports us so id imagine so.

No issue with Kelly coming in as it will let McCrorie go and play he also fills the club trained spot that McCrorie takes. As a number 1 then no for anyone saying he's not as bad as made out then look at some of the howlers he's made against us in recent times. Was a spell Motherwell fans wanted him dropped this season for the errors he was making.

If it’s just to meet a quota, with no intention of playing them, surely there’s boys in the academy that could make up the space? Wright has been in match day squads I’m sure.

Wright is about 25, he is very much here just for warm ups and third choice emergency situations.

The boys in the academy don’t even need to be registered as one of the 25 to be on the A-List, provided they qualify for the B-List.

I’d far rather have sensible, senior backup than rely on Kieran Wright or Pazikas in the event of any injuries.

Kelly as second choice is a sensible choice.

Youth usually go onto a seperate list and are not registered in the 'full' squad.

I agree i dont think hes that good but personally in a situation where the backup is needed id rather kelly over a youth gk.

McCrorie for his own sake needs to go - I actually think it’d be wrong to keep him as a back up for another season. Kelly therefore makes sense as a club trained back up goalie. If we sell Butland, then it’s blatantly obvious a new #1 would be needed.

Kicking off the summer transfer window in style.

You trying to tell me it’s not an upgrade on last summer’s rebuild where we kicked off Beale’s “exciting plans”‘ by signing an injury prone, Norwich City squad player on a free?

:))

This one at least makes complete sense for Europe etc.

He'll be number 2. If Butland goes we'll need a number 1 as Kelly is nowhere near good enough.

Liam Kelly is 11th in save %'s, 11th in clean sheets, last in goals prevented, 9th in goals conceded per 90.

Handling, distribution, dealing with crossed balls, errors and mistakes. His weaknesses right there.
He’s always been a chuck in a howler merchant. At Livi especially. Weak wrists :))

I've never rated Kelly, but as a backup keeper and a homegrown option then it makes sense. Just need to pray Butland stays fit.

Back