The swing of the pendulum

How far do you want them to go - last 16, quarter-finals...? Absolutely baffling how people want them to progress.

Baffling you don't understand that they don't have a squad big enough and good enough to play Thursday/Sunday so at some point they will drop points in the league. We on the other hand almost have 2 teams and can manage it much better IMO.
I don't care if they get to the EL group stage, they are hardly going to win it are they?
As I said already the money they earn will either not be spent or be wasted.
We need every advantage we can get to win the league and I see it as an advantage if Timmy has to play 2 games a week every wek

Baffling you don't understand that they don't have a squad big enough and good enough to play Thursday/Sunday so at some point they will drop points in the league. We on the other hand almost have 2 teams and can manage it much better IMO.
I don't care if they get to the EL group stage, they are hardly going to win it are they?
We need every advantage we can get to win the league and I see it as an advantage if Timmy has to play 2 games a week every wek

Yes, odd that you would want them to succeed, earn money and be capable of strengthening in January.

Absolutely spot on.

This is all about the league for us. We need every advantage we can get.

Winning this league is by no means impossible. When it doesn't happen for a while you do tend to feel it is, I genuinely believe we have the player power no to go back to the 2008/9 days when it's down to small margins who wins. With that I'm hopeful that Gerrards steadiness will win out over the piece. It'll be tough though. We need to make sure we don't draw away to teams like Livingston and Kilmarnock. We seem to be getting there.

Enlighten us
Effectively Lennon fell out with Brown and three senior players (presumably one of which was Brown) told him that they weren’t happy with training or the standards being set, which Lennon didn’t take too kindly to.

Couple of times we sat top last season and promptly threw it away the next game, especially considering they were there for the taking.
Every game should be played like a cup final and also treated as such by the fans. Make Ibrox a cauldron for all visiting teams.

I want Timmy pumped out, but if they do reach the group stage then the silver lining is that it improves the co-efficient.

If/when we win the title we need the route to the CL to be easier than it currently is.

For me, I won't consider us to be fully recovered from the events of 2012 until we are not only Scottish champions, but playing in the CL group stage, at Ibrox, under the lights. That's when we'll be back where we belong.

Rangers beating celtic on 1st Sept is bigger than the Legia tie for me - Europe is a bonus.

Lose the Legia tie and that’s £15m we don’t see on our bottom line.

In purely fiscal terms, they’re probably the two most important games we’ll play all season.

Pretty sure I explained it to you

And it makes little sense to me given there is no guarantee in your scenario. Instead of being knocked out of Europe three days before coming to Ibrox, however, you're wanting them to go through with the confidence and subsequent money that brings.

As I asked, how far do you want them to go? After all, playing on a Thursday supposedly helps us...

It's going to swing back and forth throughout the season unless one of us has a total disaster, relieving the pressure on the other. Just the way football goes.

I'm not to sure about that after listening to some of that lot on SSB tonight. I think if we pump them on Sept 1st there could be a full on implosion at the piggery.

Lose the Legia tie and that’s £15m we don’t see on our bottom line.

In purely fiscal terms, they’re probably the two most important games we’ll play all season.

Yes you are right. From a personal point of view and away from money I am living the European dream after the shit we have been through since 2012.

Long term - beating them in that match and opening up a gap will cause havoc over there. It may well be the springboard to 55 and Rangers getting a shot at CL football which brings greater rewards.

Hopefully we pump Legia and celtic go out and Rangers beat celtic at Ibrox and it is all good.

Effectively Lennon fell out with Brown and three senior players (presumably one of which was Brown) told him that they weren’t happy with training or the standards being set, which Lennon didn’t take too kindly to.
And the rest- Lennon alledged to have fined Lego a weeks wage and rested/ suspended him last week

Back