The Terrace on BBC Scotland

mdingwall

Administrator

On the new Scottish channel.

Had the misfortune to watching this last week.

Couple of middle interesting items - a game summed up in two minutes of footage and a day on the life of the Raith Rovers mascot being the highlights.

It's entered on the views of five roasters - excruciatingly unfunny and unprofessional.

Thank the Lord I stopped paying my licence fee.

Last edited:
A decent sports programme on BBC Shortbread is the last thing I would have expected.
I'd also think that any of their political programmes will be equally skewed and amateurish.

It was v good imo.

A much needed relief from the usual guff & doesn't take itself too seriously. Felt a bit like Offside at times.

You will certainly get more balanced and objective views from those lads than you will from other scottish sports programmes.

Also about time some younger folk got to make their stamp in the scottish football media

Don't think the boys on it take it or themselves too seriously.

It's quite good if you take an interest in the lower leagues.

It was v good imo.

A much needed relief from the usual guff & doesn't take itself too seriously. Felt a bit like Offside at times.

You will certainly get more balanced and objective views from those lads than you will from other scottish sports programmes.

Also about time some younger folk got to make their stamp in the scottish football media

Curiously, none of them appear to support the country's best-supported club. :)

You can tell quite clearly on this thread who's actually watched the show and who's just sneering at the BBC.

The skits have been hit and miss but that's to be expected, both episodes so far have had something for everyone and the guys on it are even minded

You can tell quite clearly on this thread who's actually watched the show and who's just sneering at the BBC.

The skits have been hit and miss but that's to be expected, both episodes so far have had something for everyone and the guys on it are even minded

They're not terrible on The Terrace podcast. It's just a shame that their podcast has cut down on the time they give to the lower leagues. They are genuine football fans who do know a bit about the game in Scotland, particularly outside of Glasgow.

Its not perfect but it isnt terrible.

Watched last week's and there was a decent clip about the career of Garry Kenneth - ex of Dundee United and Scotland, now with Lochee United.

They also took the pish out of various vloggers without a hint of irony. If lads making do with £6 microphones can produce more entertainment that men in their 30s wearing baseball boots subsidised by the public purse to the tune of about £200,000 (presumably ballpark for two seasons of their show) then I'm not sure I'd be so keen to take the piss.

Watched last week's and there was a decent clip about the career of Garry Kenneth - ex of Dundee United and Scotland, now with Lochee United.

They also took the pish out of various vloggers without a hint of irony. If lads making do with £6 microphones can produce more entertainment that men in their 30s wearing baseball boots subsidised by the public purse to the tune of about £200,000 (presumably ballpark for two seasons of their show) then I'm not sure I'd be so keen to take the piss.

What did you make of my local team Hawick Royal Albert United?

Not seen the show recently but the podcast did a few episodes where they ranked every Rangers player during the “banter years” from best to worst. Was interesting stuff.

On the new Scottish channel.

Had the misfortune to watching this last week.

Couple of middle interesting items - a game summed up in two minutes of footage and a day on the life of the Raith Rovers mascot being the highlights.

It's entered on the views of five roasters - excruciatingly unfunny and unprofessional.

Thank the Lord I stopped paying my licence fee.

Unfortunately I happened upon it a couple of weeks ago, fucking chronic viewing that actually started shite and deteriotated rapidly.

It’s actually quite a decent watch most weeks, gives a broad view over the entire Scottish game and not just the Old Firm as a lot of stuff does, and some of the video segments they have are top notch.

It won’t be to everyones taste but at least give it a try.

I found it mostly excruciating. I will give them pass marks for at least doing lower league stuff.

However it's hard to see past 4 or 5 chookter hipsters on the SNP/Shortbread cbhannel making a pathetic attempt at "ra banter" and pretending that Scotchland isn't populated by Rangers hating Natz and Republicans.

Too little a decade too late.

I really enjoy it. Light-hearted and gives you a brief insight into the lower leagues.

I liked Craig G Telfer when he was on H&H and before he blocked me on twitter for questioning his song choice on the Top Ten Talking Heads songs.

The boy Sked is probably the best out the lot. Craig Fowler makes some good points now and again but on balance, he's a tadger.

Reactions: SE5
Suppose it would be OK if you're into lower league football but I found it a bit boring and cringey tbh, not my cup of tea?

Didn’t one of the guys used to appear on Heart and Hand in the lower leagues ? The stenny fan?
For what it’s worth, I’ve watched one episode and I thought it was okay. As one of the earlier posters alluded to, just because it’s BBC it’s sneered upon. And of course we always enjoy sneering at the Scottish game in general on this forum.

Didn’t one of the guys used to appear on Heart and Hand in the lower leagues ? The stenny fan?
For what it’s worth, I’ve watched one episode and I thought it was okay. As one of the earlier posters alluded to, just because it’s BBC it’s sneered upon. And of course we always enjoy sneering at the Scottish game in general on this forum.

aye with good reason

Watched it from the start and enjoy it. 4/5 decent guys who supports shite teams and have good knowledge on all leagues in Scotland would give " Mikey " and Thommo " a showing up any day of the week.

They like to take the piss and have a laugh, They don't take themselves serious.

Not everyone is going to like it but i'd rather watch a fun, bias free show like that compared to a Rangers hating show like Sportscene.

I found it mostly excruciating. I will give them pass marks for at least doing lower league stuff.

However it's hard to see past 4 or 5 chookter hipsters on the SNP/Shortbread cbhannel making a pathetic attempt at "ra banter" and pretending that Scotchland isn't populated by Rangers hating Natz and Republicans.

Too little a decade too late.

Not really sure what this means. Would you rather they just sat there and slagged us off instead?

Four young white boys having a laugh on TV, who signed that off within the BBC hierarchy?
Diversification loyal! :eek: :p

Back