The title being won/lost

Sh3230

What would be your biggest reason as to why you think we will win the title vs biggest reason you think we would lose?

Mine for would probably be Butland is a far superior keeper than Hart, there will be close games coming up but we should be keeping more clean sheets than them at least with JB in goal.

Against, IF they get their injured players back fit I think they have a stronger more consistent 11 and with one game a week there lack of depth in squad won't be such a big issue as it has been earlier this season.

Injuries have genuinely crippled us this year. They'll cry that they've had some too, but just because we've been better at adapting to it (via an excellent coach in Clement) than they have, doesn't somehow mean that our injuries haven't been as costly. Rivan during the week there summed it up for me this season.

Biggest reason for winning it? Sacking Beale quicker than I thought we would and bringing Clement.

What would be your biggest reason as to why you think we will win the title vs biggest reason you think we would lose?

Mine for would probably be Butland is a far superior keeper than Hart, there will be close games coming up but we should be keeping more clean sheets than them at least with JB in goal.

Against, IF they get their injured players back fit I think they have a stronger more consistent 11 and with one game a week there lack of depth in squad won't be such a big issue as it has been earlier this season.
If we win our game in hand we'll be 2 points clear and that by definition makes us the most consistent team.

If we don't win the league it will be because of our lack of clinical finishing in front of goal.

I don't really buy their argument about getting fit players back and that they've suffered more than everyone else with injuries. We've been injury ravaged the entire season and are currently one or 2 injuries away from having no choice but to field B team players. And still managed to claw back a huge points defecit, win a cup, qualify top of UEL group and get to SC semi final.

It's all in our hands. Do them at Ibrox, open up daylight with a victory against Dundee and we are cruising towards the title.

We have had a real issue all season with finishing off chances.
It wasn't addressed in the January window either.

Defensively we've been the best in the league.

Managers.

We may win the title because Clement is an excellent manager.

We may lose the title because Beale cost us a lot of points.

Chuck in Rodgers and another reason for us to win.

Eight games to go 25% of them are old firm games that’s where it will be won or lost. The team that takes 4pts+ will more than likely be the winners.

I think that’ll be us

Lack of goals in this squad and our injury list will probably cost us.

However, Jack Butland might just be the one that gives us the crucial points in the tight games.

Think the decisions refs will make over the coming weeks will be suspect to say the least, up front a bit iffy as well. Still think we have more than enough to beat them without help of the officials. Getting very tense though.

We have a massive advantage in that the first Old Firm game is at Ibrox. Win that and it makes life very difficult for Celtic.

But we need to change from hoping to win Old Firm games to expecting to win them. Not sure we have that mindset, yet.

Because of our poor record in the fixture, especially at Parkhead, the Ibrox game decides it. A must win
Very much agreed.

We have been in a poor run of result at Parkhead so getting the 3 points at home is vital. I think we need to get something over there too.
I can not wrap my head about the view that the Old Firm games don’t matter and that Rangers & Celtic will both drop points outside of those matches.. we have always needed to win practically every game to counter the losses earlier in the season.
We need to get over the fear of playing Celtic that you can see in some matches.

As stated in post #4 though… I am quite nervous about how the match officials will decide to make themselves pivotal to the results of these two matches.
The Roofe goal being disallowed in the first game, the handball & utter hames of subsequent justifying that decision have been pretty spectacular.
And those were matches without the end of season pressure applied.

Reason we could lose ? Our Lack of clinicality up front could be our downfall, as well as an endless stream of assaults under the guise of tackles (which go unpunished) and separatist referees.

Reasons we will win 56? Team spirit, Clement determination and infectious mentality, players coming back at the right time, slogging out results via the team & fans wiling each other on. It’s coming.

One game a week? Minus Dundee their fixture card will be the same as ours but I think I get the point pre Europe elimination.

Plus points; we have Clement and Butland, they have Rogers and Hart.
Minus points; they have Furahashi, we have Dessers.
The corrupt SFA will also have say with their referee appointments.

I think it's the upcoming old firm next Sunday. This is a massive game and will go a long way to deciding if we can win this title.

The main reason is the officials. I’m not sure they can be trusted, and for anyone saying “oh they’re just shit” why do we rarely get game changing decisions, against them? Why do you rarely see a game changing decision go against them In ANY domestic fixture?

+ We've gone on the type of winning runs that secure titles, they simply haven't and I can't see that changing.

- Injuries and striking department. It's been like that for a good while but it hasn't impacted big-time on that positive.

I think we'll do it.

Refs and VAR in the Two OF games.

I’m not exactly filled with confidence we’ll be the benefactors.

We should be good enough to overcome it, because we’re the better side.

I’m definitely not in tune with OP’s shite that they have a better team.

From here forward, winning the two Old Firm games sees the title coming to Ibrox.

Winning only one Old Firm game and losing at Easter Road sees us losing the league. I'm having bad vibes about going there again.

On the plus side we have a good manager this time and the team have bought into his way of thinking.

On the downside, they have better strikers than we do added to the injuries we have and thats what the difference could be

The other mad thing is regards the old firm games, 2 draws is enough, as long as we win our other fixtures obviously.

The biggest reason as to why we may lose it will be thinking only of winning the game against the scum on the 7th when we have a potential banana skin against the HIV's on Saturday....win that then look forward to the 7th.

Clement if we win it. A bit of a combo of lost ground under Beale and long-term injuries if we don't.

It's pretty simple to be honest, the title will be won and lost in the 2 old firm games, we beat them at Ibrox and we will have one hand on trophy.
If we win on April 7th then that's it IMO.

This Brenda side are not coming back from being 5 points behind with 6 games to go.

If anything I reckon we'll go on to win it by about 8 points.

We've got a shite record against Celtic. Haven't beaten them in a meaningful league game for 2 and a half years.

If that changes, we win the league. Simple as that.

Our lack of a lethal striker. They have one
Not this season they don't. Kyogo is on 0.45 goals per 90. Dessers is on 0.68 and well in the lead in the league when you exclude pens. Dessers is trailing his xG by 0.08, but his xG is sky high which suggests he does have an ability to get chances. Kyogo trails his xG by a staggering 0.19.
RW position has been far more of a problem for us, and nobody from our midfield has come close to O’Reilly in terms of goals. That has made up for their problems up front.
Edit: and I'm not a big fan of Dessers, I just think there are far bigger causes for winning or losing the league.

Il get abuse for saying it but my biggest fear is bottling a close title race,

Reason we should win I honestly believe we are a stronger team even though seems we have been depleted with injuries for months

We are going to have to scud them at Ibrox, we won't win a tight game .
The refs will make sure of it. Call me paranoid but I tell you right now 3 of 4 Celtic fanatics Clancy, Robertson , Collum and Walsh will be involved in the match officiating at Ibrox from refereeing through to Var. With a Tim linesman thrown in for good measure

Back