The work on the Copland stand.

Not sure then. Maybe they need to remove more rows for proper access/space to work.

It's because the wheelchair spaces are being moved roght to the back and the number being reduced from the first mooted 46 down to 30.

The fayre being offered up at the AGM 2 years ago was Cail Bruich but what's being served up is Blue Lagoon.

Is anyone confident it will be completed in time?

10 or so weeks is a big ask for the work required.

If it doesn’t get completed in time is playing a few games in a row away from home an option until it’s completed
?
%^*& that, putting ourselves at a massive disadvantage right away

Id assume that even if if goes to plan this year, then next year we’d have the same potential issue if we have hampden on standby for any issues/delays?

Yes because they are adjusting the angle of the Copland Rear as part of the building of the Cantilever.

Look at the dark grey rows on the pic below, I know this is a pic of the Broomloan but the plan is the same. This shows the front 10 or so rows of the existing Rear tier are being made slightly shallower.

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg
Now the Copland...:p

Yes because they are adjusting the angle of the Copland Rear as part of the building of the Cantilever.

Look at the dark grey rows on the pic below, I know this is a pic of the Broomloan but the plan is the same. This shows the front 10 or so rows of the existing Rear tier are being made slightly shallower.

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg
I didn’t realise they were doing that. It will look pretty good I reckon. Make the stands a bit bigger looking.

I'd be interested to see the contract with the Construction company. I would assume we have some pretty significant liquidated damages if they fail to receive PC. In general Constriction Companies wouldn't take on contracts with large LD sums if they aren't confident in completing the work in time.

I'd be interested to see the contract with the Construction company. I would assume we have some pretty significant liquidated damages if they fail to receive PC. In general Constriction Companies wouldn't take on contracts with large LD sums if they aren't confident in completing the work in time.

Or they’ll just price them into the contract price.

I have no idea who the contractor is.

Or they’ll just price them into the contract price.

I have no idea who the contractor is.

Potentially, those doing that would generally price themselves out. If I was seeing pricing like that it would raise some serious concerns. I'd assume that the contractors have been given early access and the correct due diligence was done by them before commitment.

Our season tickets are in back 3 rows CF5, we did get emails to say we are getting moved but it seems now we are staying put for next season anyway.I'm guessing it means the disabled section is stopping at CF4 but does anyone know if this is a temporary thing and it will eventually included CF5 ? Few folk who sit to right of me have had their ticket price reduced as they are now restricted view but this isn't the case for us.

Our season tickets are in back 3 rows CF5, we did get emails to say we are getting moved but it seems now we are staying put for next season anyway.I'm guessing it means the disabled section is stopping at CF4 but does anyone know if this is a temporary thing and it will eventually included CF5 ? Few folk who sit to right of me have had their ticket price reduced as they are now restricted view but this isn't the case for us.

Interesting. I’m also in CF5 (lower down though, row O) and has assumed that the disabled section was right across the whole stand. No impact where my seat is other than us turning into wingmen (and women) for the UBs, which I think should be quite good fun.

Hopefully the work gets completed for the start of the season as planned. Would be a blow if not for those getting moved / impacted directly.

Is anyone confident it will be completed in time?

10 or so weeks is a big ask for the work required.

If it doesn’t get completed in time is playing a few games in a row away from home an option until it’s completed?
I’d imagine whatever contractor is carrying out the work will have sufficient men and time to do the work.

Rangers no doubt would demand the work is finished on time.

Found it mental they were ripping the pitch up on Wednesday morning. I commented to my son on Tuesday night how good the pitch was looking. I'm sure there is probably a valid reason for it that I don't know but just seemed like such a waste.
Said the very same to my mate on Tuesday “surely they won’t be relaying that pitch in the summer”

Back