The work on the Copland stand.

We have our problems, but why is everything so quickly and unrelentingly negative surrounding our club?

Okay, we fecked the league and it's utterly depressing, but we've still got a cup to win and we're at least trying to improve Ibrox.

Just saying?

:confused:
A significant proportion of our support are at their happiest when they're having playground tantrums, while figuratively swinging fists and feet at our players management & board at any and every opportunity. Actually that's unfair. Not a significant proportion of our support, but a significant proportion of those on this site, who I've increasingly become aware are not representative of our wider support.

Just had a video pop up on instagram, Hibs preparing to install safe standing.

I try not to criticise the board too much but we really should be installing it soon.
Why. The new section in Copland will all be standing anyway. Is it just so we can. Say we have it.

Because it becomes an official standing area and would be be reflected as such in our ground safety certificate

Right now we have a ground safety certificate for an all seated stadium
I get that but I'd suggest it will happen eventually in Copland but as they stand anyway and other work being done. Wasn't going to ever happen in Broomloan. So maybe it will be next on the todo list

Know someone who is working on it was talking to him a few weeks ago he said its a big job in the timescale but the company in charge are confident it will be done.
Hopefully. Cant be bothered with all the moaning on here if it's late and we have to play the first month away from home

Just had a video pop up on instagram, Hibs preparing to install safe standing.

I try not to criticise the board too much but we really should be installing it soon.
need to do it properly, some clubs are just replacing the seats, if done right you can increase capacity

I get that but I'd suggest it will happen eventually in Copland but as they stand anyway and other work being done. Wasn't going to ever happen in Broomloan. So maybe it will be next on the todo list
Get what you meaning because the change of location had they remained in Broomloan it would have been there

Hopefully at some point we will do it

Get what you meaning because the change of location had they remained in Broomloan it would have been there

Hopefully at some point we will do it
I believe it couldn't or wouldn't have been Broomloan due to away fans or more importantly Euro allocation or drawing Celtic in cup. They would get the whole broomloan so our fans would be moved from the section. Copland means it isn't affected

I believe it couldn't or wouldn't have been Broomloan due to away fans or more importantly Euro allocation or drawing Celtic in cup. They would get the whole broomloan so our fans would be moved from the section. Copland means it isn't affected
Technically nothing stopping it from not happening in the Broomloan just the away club that has the bigger allocation would have access to that area in fact they could put rail seating in both in the Broomloan and Copland Fronts plus corners areas it is the how much willing the club has in doing it

Was the original plan not to do both stands this summer and Govan front next summer?

Yes but the Govan Front wheelchair facilities won't proceed as originally stated but have now become tied to some other scheme to increase capacity be it pitch lowering, filing in the corners or building another tier on top of a stand all of which are all technically feasible but whether they are financially feasible isn't quite so clear.

If you sit in the Govan Front and were worried that you'd lose your seat to make way for a wheelchair facility then you should relax a bit as I doubt that's going to happen in the near future.

Current UK guidelines only allows 1:1 so no increase on capacity for any club installing the rail seating

Given the work they doing in the Copland re wheelchair platforms it would have made sense to reconfigure the terracing on the Copland to the 2 step model in order to have the proper safe standind that they have in Germany because as you point out there's zero gain capacity wise from rail seating in fact it may even cause a very minor reduction.

Given the work they doing in the Copland re wheelchair platforms it would have made sense to reconfigure the terracing on the Copland to the 2 step model in order to have the proper safe standind that they have in Germany because as you point out there's zero gain capacity wise from rail seating in fact it may even cause a very minor reduction.
Yeah it would probably see some capacity reduction in that area may lose 1/2 rows as likely would need to rip out and replace the concrete seating deck ro enable to configure to an increase

Pretty sure the large stand at Tottenham's ground has been built with any change in the rules

I've still to hear from someone who is being moved to the existing CR seats rather than the new ones.
Why it's just me!!!

Yes but the Govan Front wheelchair facilities won't proceed as originally stated but have now become tied to some other scheme to increase capacity be it pitch lowering, filing in the corners or building another tier on top of a stand all of which are all technically feasible but whether they are financially feasible isn't quite so clear.

If you sit in the Govan Front and were worried that you'd lose your seat to make way for a wheelchair facility then you should relax a bit as I doubt that's going to happen in the near future.

Yes sit in the third row from the back. Is this definitely the case?

Has that been confirmed that the club have shelved that idea? If so, what’s the reasoning?

Has that been confirmed that the club have shelved that idea? If so, what’s the reasoning?
I had a feeling the Govan wouldn't happen without new seats going in elsewhere.

The Copland and Broomloan are being offset by the increases to the top tiers.

For a club who speak about needing a bigger capacity, it doesn't really make sense to take hundreds of seats away without replacing them elsewhere.

We always said that they would need to create seats elsewhere. It was suggested that the new cantilever stands would be enough but clearly it wouldn't to remove 4 rows from the Govan stand.

No, genuinely was struggling to work out what your sentence meant until it occurred to me that you could have meant "by and large".
Mate just a bit of a bugbear of mine with forums in general. For example im dyslexic and I have a condition where my fine motor skills are compromised so im prone to a type or two, I also dictate stuff which doesn't always pick me up all the time due to the don't do Scot's accents well LoL.

There are a lot of folks on here who pick up grammar and spelling errors forgetting that some people struggle for various reasons with it. I would always prefer to read something interesting that is spelled wrong or is grammatically wrong over something that is well spelled nonsense.

Yes because they are adjusting the angle of the Copland Rear as part of the building of the Cantilever.

Look at the dark grey rows on the pic below, I know this is a pic of the Broomloan but the plan is the same. This shows the front 10 or so rows of the existing Rear tier are being made slightly shallower.

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg
When are they doing the broamloan?

Mate just a bit of a bugbear of mine with forums in general. For example im dyslexic and I have a condition where my fine motor skills are compromised so im prone to a type or two, I also dictate stuff which doesn't always pick me up all the time due to the don't do Scot's accents well LoL.

There are a lot of folks on here who pick up grammar and spelling errors forgetting that some people struggle for various reasons with it. I would always prefer to read something interesting that is spelled wrong or is grammatically wrong over something that is well spelled nonsense.
Just fugjimng ignore them

Back