Their line up "leaked"?

The whole thing is a bit odd... teams need to be confirmed with the referee/officials about an hour before kickoff. The club media teams get the team sheets at the same time to share online and with football reporters.

So the team the the manager is picking should be known to the manager, assistant and maybe a couple of other coaching staff until then - certainly the evening before the match there’s no need to tell anyone. Anything can happen overnight - player falls sick, at this time someone needs a COVID test, or as Rangers had recently a player can get injured in the warm-up.

Just looking at who will be privy to the information.... it can’t be that bloody difficult to work out who leaked it from such a small group?

Alternatives would include telling the team the day before, which brings an inherent risk of being leaked so seems unlikely, or that the team was put on a board or a sheet of paper and left around the training centre... which is just bloody sloppy and you need to point the finger at the manager.

Now, Neil Lennon isn’t exactly famous for taking responsibility for his own mistakes but surely to God even he can join that dots between him picking a team and it being leaked?

The whole thing is a bit odd... teams need to be confirmed with the referee/officials about an hour before kickoff. The club media teams get the team sheets at the same time to share online and with football reporters.

So the team the the manager is picking should be known to the manager, assistant and maybe a couple of other coaching staff until then - certainly the evening before the match there’s no need to tell anyone. Anything can happen overnight - player falls sick, at this time someone needs a COVID test, or as Rangers had recently a player can get injured in the warm-up.

Just looking at who will be privy to the information.... it can’t be that bloody difficult to work out who leaked it from such a small group?

Alternatives would include telling the team the day before, which brings an inherent risk of being leaked so seems unlikely, or that the team was put on a board or a sheet of paper and left around the training centre... which is just bloody sloppy and you need to point the finger at the manager.

Now, Neil Lennon isn’t exactly famous for taking responsibility for his own mistakes but surely to God even he can join that dots between him picking a team and it being leaked?
Our squad knows the team selection the day before the match.

Hopefully their investigation into who is leaking the team is a bit quicker than the one into the paedophile ring at their club.

If I was our management I would be saying that the leak helped us big time, maybe even won the match. Suggest we're looking forward to more of them.

I mean it's shite, but it would get the cnts all paranoid, wondering who the mole is, Lennon raging about the dressing room losing the plot and turning against his players.

Well I'm ITK and I can tell you 99% it's the Thumb who is spilling the beans to Skybet in exchange for 50 free spins and an invite to their staff Xmas party.

Whilst your post is tongue and cheek, strong suggestion is that you’re not a million miles off the mark with that name. Apparently someone who is under huge suspicion which is hardly surprising.

Our squad knows the team selection the day before the match.
And l think that is pretty normal - lets people prepare.
It also bring a risk/likelihood of the selection being leaked and if you are going to share the lineup with the squad and extended staff then you need to accept that.

It’s their bleating on about it before and after the match on Saturday that seems quite indulgent.

If you want to keep a secret then don’t tell anyone. Simple really.

Deflection deflection deflection from the fat ginger c. Unt
They will do an internal investigation and find nothing as per usual.

Regardless, we still had to beat the 11 men they set out. And knowing the line-up in advance probably doesn't make that much difference if you suspect they're sandbagging. You don't like to see it if its your team, but any suggestion that it changed the outcome of the game is total nonsense.

There was about 10 different leaked teams going around.

The only difference it would have made to our team is if we decided to rest some players for Thursday.

Wonder what Kenny Miller is up to these days

Skysports News called in an expert to discuss the leak.... yep KM all the way from Sydney (haha)... diplomatic answer was that it could be anyone within the club and it could have been an honest mistake (no laughing at the back)

If Lennon hasn't already lost the dressing room, his accusations of leaks within either proves he has, or is about to cause serious unrest as to who the culprit/s are. Interesting to see who might be dropped this week for Milan and Aberdeen

Lennon was moaning about a mole right after the game. Was quite a big thread already on it, prime suspects are Kennedy and McGregor apparently.

%^*& knows why he’s asking Goldson about it though
Obviously wanting to know if our sq ad knew their team.
goldson thought edouard was playing, and julien

Even if we tweaked it after hearing the team, Goldson done the right thing. Take away the straws they are clutching at!

Teams being leaked is not the sign of good harmony.

Sorry but this is just another Lennon excuse. His line up wasnt leaked at all. A starting 11 was put out there as being THE starting line up but it had griffith starting which was quite clearly wrong.

A leak is when the actual team is leaked before hand. That wasnt the case as the two different versions of the starting line up did not match the starting line up. Yet you wont hear any one in the media question him .

"Oh but Neil, Griffith was in the line up I saw leaked"

"oh...em...um....im......but......but.......SEVCO CHEATED"

Our team got leaked regularly under pedro and even warburton if a remember right, some say it doesn't give advantage to other team and it probably doesn't but am glad ours is no longer leaked as far I know

Lennon just trying to deflect that he's just a sh/t manager and most people could of worked out their team long before Saturday.

It's Lennon's fault for telling them what the team was.

Let's face it, he didnae tell them what the tactics were.

So, what does TLB do if its their best player who leaked it ?
Should we put a cheeky bid in for McGregor? Could be useful to have on the bench or, to borrow Ally McCoists plan, put him to work in SG's garden ?

ps which Celtic player did McCoist (and Gazza?) say that to ?

I know who it was

There is more than one though and there is some posting fake line ups to stir the pot.

If you look on Friday i posted the exact line up including Welsh starting.

But its not like it would have mattered anyway. Its no secret the formation and personell that both teams use.

If I was our management I would be saying that the leak helped us big time, maybe even won the match. Suggest we're looking forward to more of them.

I mean it's shite, but it would get the cnts all paranoid, wondering who the mole is, Lennon raging about the dressing room losing the plot and turning against his players.
Liking your thinking

The squad would know too these days, given the amount of tactical information that is shared

I've never known a team to make up as many excuses as they do.

Can't just come out and say "right, we got outplayed and lost fairly" It's always the fault of someone else, every single time.

6_CZ5f.gif

I knew on Friday but took it with a pinch of salt turned out to be true
This is the thing - who’s to say the opposing teams management would take it as gospel anyway? Maybe I’ve just a suspicious nature but I’d be thinking to myself too good to be true and the real team could be totally different to the leaked one.

Was ours ‘leaked’ as well?

i saw it on here way before it was officially announced

Got to love the irony of Kenny Miller friend of the press talking about ceptics mole in the paper

Back