Press Conference Them v Rangers - pre match press conference

It's not about being Vieira though, its about giving us much needed athleticism, power and pace in the middle of the park.
He will do fine out wide also, but I think we need to go with a 3 in the middle to have any chance. I wouldn't play Raskin/Lawrence/Cantwell in that position as they won't be defensively aware enough
I edited in a sentence to my last post. Yeah, he's big and he's strong. Its not his position though. He will give it his best shot but throwing a rookie midfielder in for such an important match is far from ideal. We should have better options if we want to setup in a formation that Big Phil has seldom, if ever, favoured.

The injuries are a big concern (and some folk still don't seem to realise that) but yeah, we'll just have to get on with it.

Genuine question

When was the last time we went into a game against them not missing several key players? Can’t remember it, it’s wild how bad our luck with injuries is

I’m out at the moment so not watched but I’ve just seen Phil quoted saying we can still win the league if we draw on Twitter? Surely he’s not said that? Calling the piggery the colosseum as well?

Our injury list the last couple of seasons is a joke.

Any chat of reducing the goal difference is ridiculous tbh.

Does 'trying something different' ever work in big, tough games away from home?
When the normal approach usually gets us our arse handed to us, then definitely. Why we can't look to deal with something we absolutely, 100% see is coming (their early blitz), is genuinely baffling to me, and thousands of others.

Its a sad state of affairs when our 'saviour', according to many on here, is shifting a full-back to central midfield. A position that, by his own admission, earlier this season he had to watch YouTube videos of other players playing in order to learn what the role involved.

I like Sterling. I hope, and think, he has a big future with us. However, Patrick Viera he is not. It reflects our poor recruitment rather than the quality of the player, who's being asked to play in a position that is alien to him.

A poor reflection on recruitment I agree with, however the reason many think he's played very well in midfield is because he has, including in Europe and in the league cup final. It may be luck or good judgement from Clement that's he's wound up playing there, but it's got to a point where we very much miss him when he's not.

Not a must win for Clement
It's mental how folk like you deliberately choose inaccurate inferences from these types of things.

He is always incredibly pragmatic and literal and gives nothing away.

He was asked if it's must win. He said no because even if we draw or lose we can still win the title, but obviously we'll be going as hard as possible for the three points.

He knows it's a must win. He's just playing the game and giving the media nothing. Imagine he says aye it's a must win, and then we draw. Three points behind with two games left,, in the next presser he gets asked "so the league is done then?"

What's he gonna say? Aye right enough that's it done? Or, no it's not done. At which point they say "But you said it was must win and the league was over if you didn't so are you a hypocrite or a liar"?

Wise up man.

I’m out at the moment so not watched but I’ve just seen Phil quoted saying we can still win the league if we draw on Twitter? Surely he’s not said that? Calling the piggery the colosseum as well?
He used an analogy that footballers are the modern day gladiators. They enter the arena and the crowd is baying for blood and it's live or die by what happens. His players tomorrow need to be gladiator's entering the colosseum.

See if you've not even watched it, why are you straight on here bitching about it?

Its a sad state of affairs when our 'saviour', according to many on here, is shifting a full-back to central midfield. A position that, by his own admission, earlier this season he had to watch YouTube videos of other players playing in order to learn what the role involved.

This is the problem with a manager taking over mid-season, he is stuck trying to find solutions with very limited resources at hand. And now, if this season ends badly he will be under tremendous pressure going into next season and if we lose the first game at the piggery, well we all know how that goes...

It's mental how folk like you deliberately choose inaccurate inferences from these types of things.

He was asked if it's must win. He said no because even if we draw or lose we can still win the title, but obviously we'll be going as hard as possible for the three points.

He knows it's a must win. He's just playing the game and giving the media nothing. Imagine he says aye it's a must win, and then we draw. Three points behind with two games left,, in the next presser he gets asked "so the league is done then?"

What's he gonna say? Aye right enough that's it done? Or, no it's not done. At which point they say "But you said it was must win and the league was over if you didn't so are you a hypocrite or a liar"?

Wise up man.
Would be mental for a Rangers manager to allow the media to write "must win" headlines that pile pressure on our players and plays into Rodgers' arrogant "going to have some fun" nonsense. Obviously a draw suits them a lot more than us, but make no mistakes, if Celtic come out with less than a win tomorrow there's just a wee bit of pressure suddenly on Rodgers and their players too ahead of a trip to Rugby Park.

The support would have a lot of respect for Clement if he changes it instead of setting up the same and expecting different results
We won’t mate; imagine he changes it and we get pumped 4-0. Warburton never recovered from having a go when we went down 3-1.

He’ll go tried and tested and hope we (a) give up fewer chances than they do; and (b) take more chances than they do.

I think that's the most relaxed and jocular I've seen the boss in a few weeks.

Like many my expectations are not high and we are severely handicapped by the players available but I am clinging on to that 5% hope that Clement can produce a surprise or a bit of magic to pull off a surprise.

You should maybe listen to the full interview rather than go on soundbites that morons on twitter have sensationalised and twisted into a negative.

After that I would go
Butland
Tav
Souttar
Davies
Ridvan
Sterling
Lundstram
Diomande
Lawrence
Cantwell
Dessers
4-3-2-1 narrow

The outcome would be Cantwell, Lawrence and Diomande stepping on each others' toes and no help for our fullbacks up against their relatively strong left & right sides.

Wise up man.

Our support have become very cynical and less than charitable when it comes to the things managers say in press conferences.

They also like to pretend they can't read between the lines, and that everything said is literal in nature. It's bloody tedious.

We are heading into yet another summer, with a very vocal section of the support, having their hands hovering over the 'sack button', ready to press as soon as we face any adversity. Anything short of a treble come the end of May, and you can bet there will be attempts to discuss Clement’s future. There's a good reason a lot of coaches don't take jobs mid season.

Big man is going for it. Mon big Phil and put these rabid dogs back in their fucking box.

Let’s fucking go.

Seeing him today, and last week post match where he said he wished the game was Monday, shows you he has the baws for this.

We'll see tomorrow if he's managed to change a few attitudes in his players.

Back