Press Conference Them v Rangers - pre match press conference

He used an analogy that footballers are the modern day gladiators. They enter the arena and the crowd is baying for blood and it's live or die by what happens. His players tomorrow need to be gladiator's entering the colosseum.

See if you've not even watched it, why are you straight on here bitching about it?
Whatever mate, I'll post what I want. It's a discussion forum and rather than replying to a quote from Super scoreboard I figured I'd ask other Rangers fans on here to get that "extra context" provided.

By the way I have watched it now and I still don't like the comment :D

Ah well I guess you're just an out and out dafty then.
Shut the %^*& up mate :D asked a question and you're getting your knickers in a twist. I don't like our manager calling their pit that and your explanation doesn't really add up as if it was live or die as you patronisingly explained then he wouldn't be saying a thing about drawing. I've defended his post match interviews on here after Dundee and County but I find that puzzling.

I’m out at the moment so not watched but I’ve just seen Phil quoted saying we can still win the league if we draw on Twitter? Surely he’s not said that? Calling the piggery the colosseum as well?
I don’t think he called it a colosseum but did mention gladiators

I’m out at the moment so not watched but I’ve just seen Phil quoted saying we can still win the league if we draw on Twitter? Surely he’s not said that? Calling the piggery the colosseum as well?

The clip I’ve seen he doesn’t say colosseum, he just compares football to modern day gladiators going into a stadium with people shouting and booing with the thumbs up and the thumbs down….but we we can’t be killed now.

Aye, I know…:oops:

Edit: Here is said clip:

Last edited:
The clip I’ve seen he doesn’t say colosseum, he just compares football to modern day gladiators going into a stadium with people shouting and booing by with the thumbs up and the thumbs down….but we we can’t be killed now.
Hopefully Todd Cantwell will get a thumbs up from the Green Brigade when he scores at their end. :)

Shut the %^*& up mate :D asked a question and you're getting your knickers in a twist. I don't like our manager calling their pit that and your explanation doesn't really add up as if it was live or die as you patronisingly explained then he wouldn't be saying a thing about drawing. I've defended his post match interviews on here after Dundee and County but I find that puzzling.
What did he call it?

Not a must win for Clement
Of course he’s going to say that. If he said it was a must win and we drew the first question he would be asked after the game is if that’s the league lost then. He’s hardly going to concede the title if we are 3 points behind with 2 games to play.

Our support have become very cynical and less than charitable when it comes to the things managers say in press conferences.

They also like to pretend they can't read between the lines, and that everything said is literal in nature. It's bloody tedious.

We are heading into yet another summer, with a very vocal section of the support, having their hands hovering over the 'sack button', ready to press as soon as we face any adversity. Anything short of a treble come the end of May, and you can bet there will be attempts to discuss Clement’s future. There's a good reason a lot of coaches don't take jobs mid season.

It's so blatantly obvious that there are a good few on here absolutely desperate to start the 'Should we replace Clement' discussion. You see them liking each others barely literally posts and already getting their digs in.

Last edited:
This will sound like another moaning negative post to join the others but the players press conference really adds nothing. Same banal questions, same professional polished answers.

Maybe I’m just anxious for tomorrow to get here

Sterling certainly my didn't hold back a few weeks ago to be fair.

Or he could at least firm up the midfield for once.

Clement needs to box clever with what he has. On occassions he has got it very wrong.

Line up in midfield like he normally does and we will get dominated and overrun.

Tomorrow is a chance for him to put these wrongs right.

But i won't hold my breath.

My expectations are set very low. I've not even got any nerves about this one. And that's a rarity.

It's crazy that Phil Clement is manager of our club, whilst the tactical genius that is Cooper's left peg thrashes away at his keyboard in his bedroom day after day, being roundly ignored.

Serious questions need asked of our board and DoF :))

I liked his comments re: must win. I wouldn't want anyone giving up the ghost until it was mathematically impossible.

Who knows a draw and a quick turn around for them against Rugby Park could be enough.

Its a sad state of affairs when our 'saviour', according to many on here, is shifting a full-back to central midfield. A position that, by his own admission, earlier this season he had to watch YouTube videos of other players playing in order to learn what the role involved.

I like Sterling. I hope, and think, he has a big future with us. However, Patrick Viera he is not. It reflects our poor recruitment rather than the quality of the player, who's being asked to play in a position that is alien to him.

Let’s watch Diomande and Lundstram struggle against their 3. Maybe throw in Lawrence to make it even worse.

We don’t get a grip of the middle of the park and it’s long ball pish up to Dessers who will be second best 9 times out of 10.

Back