There’s one player I don’t think we’ve replaced well

LoyalRanger_72

When you see the state of Lundstram today and the state of our midfield in these games against the scum just now, it just makes me think more about how good Steven Davis was. I don’t think we’ve replaced him well like we’ve replaced Allan McGregor well with a class act like Jack Butland. We lack composure and control without a player with that type of quality in these games now. He made everyone around him better, especially Kamara. Lundstram makes Diomande look worse and whoever else he plays next too worse.

Think we go Raskin Diomande Sterling next 2 games see if it works to prepare for the final as they would match up to three 3 all young energetic and Raskin and Sterling would have point to prove that they should be in the midfield
This seems like a good idea.

Doesn’t look phased when he plays the scum at all. Whenever he was up against Maeda today in the second half he handled him better than Tav has in the last 2 years
100% there was 2 direct one on one foot race one Sterling cleared the other he got in front of maeda and Tenko couldn’t get passed and Sterling showed the ball out our goal kick he would have rinsed Tav both times

Think we go Raskin Diomande Sterling next 2 games see if it works to prepare for the final as they would match up to three 3 all young energetic and Raskin and Sterling would have point to prove that they should be in the midfield
He’s not going to play a midfield 3 no matter how much we want/need it. The sooner we recognize that, the better

I have been saying the same for ages. We miss a pace setter and a calm head. He alongside McGregor were the last of Walter’s boys.
I also maintain that we only got a player of Davis quality because he was a born and breed Bear, to replace him will cost a pretty penny.

To be fair we've not replaced Davis, Jack or Kamara.
I still have hopes than Diomande and Raskin can play a big part, but we need at least another 2 in.

If he doesn’t he will end up like Gio and Beale
I don’t disagree. He’s done well to get us back to a position that we dared to dream, but it’s yet again another summer re-build. Another summer hoping.

If things don’t start well next season, I genuinely don’t know where we go and fear for the future.

Today was the day for that and he stuck to his pish 4-2-3-1 that hasn't worked in the previous 2 games. Not sure I believe he will do anything different in the final. Maybe 4th time lucky?

I’d kill for a Barry Ferguson in this team right now. We need a pivot dictate our play hate to mention them/him but they have McGregor.
Lennon Miller maybe. I think the boys going to the top so why not get him before he gets out of our reach like Lewis.

I don’t disagree. He’s done well to get us back to a position that we dared to dream, but it’s yet again another summer re-build. Another summer hoping.

If things don’t start well next season, I genuinely don’t know where we go and fear for the future.
April killed us along with Lundstram and Borna today

I’d kill for a Barry Ferguson in this team right now. We need a pivot dictate our play hate to mention them/him but they have McGregor.
Lennon Miller maybe. I think the boys going to the top so why not get him before he gets out of our reach like Lewis.
I’d kill for a Derek Ferguson

There's loads of players we haven't adequately replaced. It's why we've went from bossing Old Firm games to regular defeats.

Aribo. Morelos. Davis. Helander. Kent. Bassey. Kamara. Arfield. Ryan Jack and Kemar Roofe for all the use they are now.

We build a squad that won a league undefeated and made a European final without a pot to piss in. We've spent relatively decent money in the last two years to make it significantly worse.

Recruitment has been an unmitigated disaster. The only players we brought in this summer that could be deemed a success were both free transfers, Butland and Sterling.

I hope we have got it right with the new director of football because if not, it's more years of pain and failure. Of the three we brought in in January, Cortes was injured before we could make a decision, Silva was a failure and the jury is well and truly out on Diomande, a player we have committed to spending nearly £5m on.

I agree, but Clement will likely bring Lundstram back in as soon as his suspension finishes going by his post match comments.

Hate the fact we come away from seasons, being positive about one or two players and fuming about the rest.

Regardless of whether we win the Scottish cup or not, there shouldn't be too many old faces around next season, I hope to Christ.

Good shout and I'd give it a try too. If I see Lundtram starting in our midfield again I'll be really disappointed. He's leaving and he's nowhere near good enough in the big games against the bheast. I thought he looked really unfit and sluggish today too. Time to freshen the midfield and play players that will be here next season and deserve their chance.

Hate the fact we come away from seasons, being positive about one or two players and fuming about the rest.

Regardless of whether we win the Scottish cup or not, there shouldn't be too many old faces around next season, I hope to Christ.
If the old faces line up again next year in a blue jersey, Mr Clement will go the way of Beale, GVB..

Doesn’t look phased when he plays the scum at all. Whenever he was up against Maeda today in the second half he handled him better than Tav has in the last 2 years
I agree which makes me wonder, again, about swapping Tav for Sterling. Tav doesn't have the same pace anymore so let him run mid to front with Sterling solid behind as a proper RB. Both can overlap where needed

If he starts going 3 in the middle now after fucking the 1 game when we needed it I'll be absolutely fuming tbh.

I agree which makes me wonder, again, about swapping Tav for Sterling. Tav doesn't have the same pace anymore so let him run mid to front with Sterling solid behind as a proper RB. Both can overlap where needed
Said that for weeks if Sterling not going to play middle of the park then play RB and let Tav what he’s better at doing and going forward he’s actually a not bad dribbler aswell

No, he learns from his mistakes today when it matters. Not against Dundee and Hearts when there's no need for it and nobody gives a f*ck.
Get where you coming from. But that’s past now so he needs to change from now or what get another 2 managers next season

Him and Butland the only two who look like they have the required contempt for that lot

Players of the calibre of SD and Barry are no longer within our grasp unfortunately .
Doesn’t mean we have to continually sign poor quality jobbers from the championship .
Get some &players in that know the league and have talent , Watson and Miller for a start .
Actual defenders would also help .

Reactions: TQ3
We completely lack on the field leadership and inspiration. There’s just no player who has that ability to set the tone for the team and lift the squad when the chips are down.

We don’t have a proper captain and that’s not just a dig at Tav. He contributes plenty but not that.

When you see the state of Lundstram today and the state of our midfield in these games against the scum just now, it just makes me think more about how good Steven Davis was. I don’t think we’ve replaced him well like we’ve replaced Allan McGregor well with a class act like Jack Butland. We lack composure and control without a player with that type of quality in these games now. He made everyone around him better, especially Kamara. Lundstram makes Diomande look worse and whoever else he plays next too worse.
Davis is a real tough player to replace. We were lucky to get him.

Reactions: TQ3
We have neglected the centre of midfield for years now. Needs to be a priority in summer.
We're going to need to spend money. Which might mean cashing in on one or two players we actually want to stay.
Obviously there are other areas too. Like striker.
But you'll win %^*& all with a shite midfield.

Agree i have said for ages we really miss Davis he pulled the strings and knew when to speed game up or slow it down.

Past 2 years we have lost Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Arfield, Kamara, Helander, Bassey.

Thats a lot of players who on their games where quality players for us.

We have replaced them with players not as good as them.

Davis in his prime was a rolls Royce of a player, I think a lot of folk romanticise him a bit as I think he only really had one outstanding season in his second spell.
As I've posted a lot on here, we absolutely have to build our midfield around sterling and Diomande

The payer we’ve never replaced is Daniel Candeias. A solid right winger who chips in with goals every now and again. One of our biggest problems is that we don’t have players in midfield who score on a regular basis.

Back